KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Upcoming Juggernaut arc in New Excalibur...

Upcoming Juggernaut arc in New Excalibur...
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Upcoming Juggernaut arc in New Excalibur...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...tem.cgi?id=8351

quote:
"Unredeemed," which runs through issues #13-15, will conclude Tieri's run on the book. The storyline will feature appearances by villains like the Wrecking Crew and The Juggernaut's ex-partner Black Tom, but the arc is really about Cain Marko's villainous past. "One thing that they do in comics that drives me crazy is, and I always use Sabretooth as an example, we know Sabretooth killed eight thousand people in his life, but we're going to put him in a nice new costume with a shiny X on it and everything is okay," Tieri said. "I think that's ridiculous. If Charles Manson said, 'Hey, I'm cool now. I want to help people out,' they're not going to let him out of jail! Why do we think that this works in the comic book world? I don't get it."

Juggernaut may seem heroic to many readers because he's been fighting for the side of right, but some people forget that the source of his super abilities is rooted in pure evil. "People forget that Juggernaut has been the main force, lackey, whatever for Cyttorak, who is a demonic being!" Tieri stated. "Which means he's done a lot of ****ed up shit. He's done a lot of bad things. I don't think people understand the scope of what he's done. I think people have only seen it as Black Tom was the worst of the two; Tom was the more malevolent of the two. We're going to find out that that may not necessarily have been the case."

In addition to learning about Cain Marko's past, readers of "Unredeemed" will also learn about the past of his alter ego. "We will be exploring a lot of things about the history of the Juggernaut itself," Tieri said. "We were always lead to believe that Cain Marko was the only Juggernaut. We will learn exactly what it is that one has to do to become the Juggernaut.

"We will also learn why Onslaught, out of all the villains in the X-Men universe, like Sinister, the Hellfire Club and Apocalypse, why did he go after the Juggernaut first?" Tieri continued. "Why did he see the Juggernaut as such a threat that he went after the Juggernaut before anybody else? We're going to answer those questions."

Because he's been working with heroes like the X-Men and Excalibur, some fans have been referring to the Juggernaut with a new and unflattering nickname. "There is a term that has entered the comic book world which I have to destroy in this arc," Tieri explained. "Some people are starting to refer to the Juggernaut as the 'Huggernaut.' The mere mention of that word makes me throw up in my mouth! There is no reason on Earth that Cain Marko should be referred to as the Huggernaut and at the end of this arc I don't think anybody will be able to utter that phrase ever again."

Some fans of the current, heroic Juggernaut might be worried that Tieri is out to return him to his old, nefarious ways. "I think a lot of fans are concerned that when this arc is over, that he'll go back to being a villain. That might be the case. There is a distinct possibility," Tieri said. "I think the Juggernaut legitimately wants to reform but just because you want something doesn't mean you can do it. When does it become that what you've done in the past is so terrible that you can't be forgiven for it?"

Thank you Frank Tieri. big grin

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 01:50 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I prefer JuggerNOT to Huggernaut.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 01:53 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

I prefer Jobbernaut. Just rolls right off the tongue...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 01:58 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Colossus is back. There's no need for Jobbernaut anymore.

Although I liked Juggernaut as a human being instead of an ass who just destroyed things for no reason...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 02:04 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MJOILNIR

Id really like to see him return to his old powerset. Being a villian I couldent care less as long as he's not the pussy he has been portrayed as of late.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 02:08 AM
MJOILNIR is currently offline Click here to Send MJOILNIR a Private Message Find more posts by MJOILNIR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

He'll still be a good guy at the end of the arc. Tieri's just filling in for Claremont so i don't think he'd make such a big change as to make Juggs a bad guy again.

i'd rather Tieri stayed on the book.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 02:08 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

quote:
People forget that Juggernaut has been the main force, lackey, whatever for Cyttorak, who is a demonic being!"

So I guess Doctor Strange is evil too?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 09:19 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Just read New Excalibur 11 Juggs isn't back to normal sad

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 10:26 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Sweet news. Its not that I don't like Juggs as a good guy, I just think the transition was too easy. I want to know more about his past and have him really try to redeem himself, possibly even fail.

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 12:15 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO hes the most lazzy character ever created, with the exception of horse face Thor. This pretty much illustartrates what i mean :

'instead of an ass who just destroyed things for no reason...'

The artist formely known as 'Sidekick of the JLAKMC' .... Whirly R.I.P. The JLA Kmc will live on without you.Thanks S.S for the sig.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 03:30 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Juggernaut was basically The Hulk minus back-story and evil. Now I prefer him, honestly...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:04 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

...sweet!

cool

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:07 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm not gonna lie this has me hooked right now after reading that.

I mean it seems as if we're finally going to get to the core of what Juggernaut was and who he is.

Plus the fact he is refering to Onslaught and saying that there was a reason why Jugernaut was first has me really pondering what is going to happen.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 05:17 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

^Love the signature. wink

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 08:12 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Upcoming Juggernaut arc in New Excalibur...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
http://www.comicbookresources.com/n...tem.cgi?id=8351

Thank you Frank Tieri. big grin

Cant Wait yes

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 09:38 PM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Endless Mike
So I guess Doctor Strange is evil too?

I thought the same thing. There's never been a single time that Cyttorak was considered "evil", he's always been neutral and self serving.

Originally posted by newjak86
I'm not gonna lie this has me hooked right now after reading that.

I mean it seems as if we're finally going to get to the core of what Juggernaut was and who he is.

Plus the fact he is refering to Onslaught and saying that there was a reason why Jugernaut was first has me really pondering what is going to happen.

Yeah, it sounds like he's going to start kicking ass again. Possibly going through a whole issue without crying! Can you believe it?!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 04:14 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by long pig
I thought the same thing. There's never been a single time that Cyttorak was considered "evil", he's always been neutral and self serving.

Yeah, it sounds like he's going to start kicking ass again. Possibly going through a whole issue without crying! Can you believe it?!
It a dream come true big grin

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 04:43 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

i actually like juggernaut bein good right now , if he changes and returns back to normal power i think he should remain a hero or be an anti hero like venom or black adam i did not like him being a villain and having reasons to being beaten by lesser opponents

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 09:05 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

If Juggernaut returns to full power he should take out someone really big.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 09:19 PM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

i want him to smack around sasquatch , thier last fight juggernaut was depowered i want to see his strength difference

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 09:21 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote