KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Anyone else just hates Mindwipes in Comics?

Anyone else just hates Mindwipes in Comics?
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Anyone else just hates Mindwipes in Comics?

I've always found Mind wipes in stories rather lame. It's like the writers use them as a last minute option when the story gets confusing. I'm wondering how many of you don't like them much?

(After reading this I promise you won't forget this Topic)

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 12:22 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Well, Identity Crisis handled it well. Having Bats go apeshit over Zatanna mindwiping the villains was good. I thought that was one of the better mindwipe stories. Usually, like with the first two times the white martians broke their conditioning , it gets annoying. That part was bad, the rest of the story was pretty good.

I think Marvel tends to screw up more when writing that kind of story than DC does.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 12:43 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It was okay, but then there was the horrendous mess with Catwoman's mindwipe. It was one of the major issues why I drop the book.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 12:50 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I find most telepathic shit just boring. Examples being, primely, the X-Men, all the astral mind-power shit gets annoying. Just read any recent Claremont story, Rachel Grey, Emma Frost, all the Phoenix crap, etc. it's tedious.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:00 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Catwoman was horrible. YEARS of watching Catwoman evolve from a thief to a thief with a hero complex down the f**king drain because it turns out Zatanna made her good in the first place.

It's a complete tarnishing of her character. It's like saying Batman didn't really become Batman because of his parents' death but because Zatanna used her magic mojo to inspire him to fight crime.

Bullsh**.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:00 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I see Sentry doing a MAJOR mindwipe of the Marvel Universe within a few years (like how he erased himself from everyone's memory), in the wake of all the damage after Civil War.
Spider Man and Daredevil will have their secret identities back etc.
You heard it here first...

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:23 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I hate when I see people debate that Superman wins via T-Vo. no expression

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:44 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I agree with ScarletSpider. Telepathy as handled in comics is about the most boring power out there.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 02:25 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
I agree with ScarletSpider. Telepathy as handled in comics is about the most boring power out there.

Yeah.

I mean, geez, doesn't Marvel have enough Telepaths already? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 07:52 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Jonn mindwipes everyone so that no-one remembers that mindwipes exist.

There,problem solved.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 08:10 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I find most telepathic shit just boring. Examples being, primely, the X-Men, all the astral mind-power shit gets annoying. Just read any recent Claremont story, Rachel Grey, Emma Frost, all the Phoenix crap, etc. it's tedious.

Definitely Agree , telepathy is overused , drawn out and boring. Telekinesis needs more of a highlight.

I demand a telekinetic with a trench coat and a Katana !

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 11:33 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

For awhile Cable met half the qualification...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 11:47 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Captain Comet is good though. smile

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 01:49 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

I actually think Emma's like the only telepath in comics that actually does some really imaginative and cool stuff with telepathy. I mean orgasm-inducing is just priceless.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 09:47 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

blink When did she do that and which issue? stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 10:03 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Jonn has given Flash X-ray Vision with Telepathy.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 10:58 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Martian_mind
<Insert generic MM fanboyism here>

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 11:03 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

laughing btw, that smiley still creeps me out.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 11:04 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
laughing btw, that smiley still creeps me out.

I could understand the creepiness if the hand was a tad lower...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 11:12 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Would a smilie have genitals?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 11:13 PM