KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who defeated alpha flight?

Who defeated alpha flight?
Started by: Loot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Loot

Who defeated alpha flight?

i read yesterday civil war-innitiative, theres one guy there who destroyed alpha flight, in witch comic did this happened?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 03:38 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

New Avengers... 19, I think. It was some postal worker called Michael Pointer or somesuch who was endowed with the powers of every mutant depowered in House of M. He went on a crazed rampage, unable to control the power, and wiped out Alpha Flight pathetically easily. But I think he's joining Alpha/ Omega Flight...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 04:12 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

This should be in "Questions thread", this thread will probably be closed pretty soon.

To answer ur question, It happened in "The Collective" storyline that started on New Avengers # 16-20

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 04:13 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Beat you by a minute. wink Shame I got the issue wrong... it must have been 16/17...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 04:17 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Micheal Pointer aka The Colletive, who has now become the new Guardian of Omega Flight:

http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Collective

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 04:22 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Who defeated alpha flight?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Loot
i read yesterday civil war-innitiative, theres one guy there who destroyed alpha flight, in witch comic did this happened?

I'm pretty sure this is what you're talking about :
(please log in to view the image)

This event happened in "New Avengers #16"...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 04:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Re: Who defeated alpha flight?

Just going to add an additional scan to the one's above:

This scan is from "New Avengers #17"

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 15th, 2007 at 05:22 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 05:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Yet if you look at the actual power of the members of Alpha Flight and saw how they got owned, one has to ask how the hell did the street level New Avengers fair so well? PIS. Oh well it resulted in a new Alpha/Omega series so can't fully complain.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 07:12 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

Sasquatch looks like such a badass when he's drawn like he is in those first scans.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 07:16 PM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

He looked awesome in Civil War: The Initiative

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 07:45 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I thought Henry Clayton drew a good Sasquatch too, although his style is a bit different.

Oh well, as terrible as Lobdell's Alpha Flight was, because of his stupid plots, the real Alpha Flight is still out there. The team that died were only temporal duplicates. Aside from Major Mapleleaf and Puck II

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 07:56 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Yet if you look at the actual power of the members of Alpha Flight and saw how they got owned, one has to ask how the hell did the street level New Avengers fair so well? PIS. Oh well it resulted in a new Alpha/Omega series so can't fully complain.
Well almost every time a character is first revealed, they usually have a strong showing.

In this case though, that strong showing was a bit over the top, considering how the Collective was eventually beaten lol.

PIS to the Nth degree IMO.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 07:58 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
The team that died were only temporal duplicates. Aside from Major Mapleleaf and Puck II

Even Omega Flight editor has said the temporal copies are still around and oddly the only character of the original team not to get a temporal copy was Sasquatch...and he lived. Hmm...

Originally posted by Galan007
Well almost every time a character is first revealed, they usually have a strong showing.

In this case though, that strong showing was a bit over the top, considering how the Collective was eventually beaten lol.

PIS to the Nth degree IMO.

Good old Sentry throws the energy into the sun....stupid New Avengers

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:00 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Did you read Lobdell's Alpha Flight? The temporal copies were the ones on earth that were killed. The real Flight is out in space repopulating the Plodex homeworld.

I wish they'd give us a checkup on Flex, he was my favorite new character from volume 2. The writer was going to make him Wolverine's son. Don't know if I'd still want that slant to it, but I liked his character.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:03 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Did you read Lobdell's Alpha Flight? The temporal copies were the ones on earth that were killed. The real Flight is out in space repopulating the Plodex homeworld.

I wish they'd give us a checkup on Flex, he was my favorite new character from volume 2. The writer was going to make him Wolverine's son. Don't know if I'd still want that slant to it, but I liked his character.

Yeah I read it, and handbook entries revealed it was the real Alpha Flight who returned from the Plodex homeworld that got killed. (Guardian entry). However, the copies are still around and were said to be brought her for a reason, so maybe that was it.

Yep, and he is one of the few mutants who still have his powers since M Day. Wolverine's son that was revealed in Origins is shit, I wished they would have used Flex as he was supposed to be.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:11 PM
Evolve
KMC Herald

Xorn.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:11 PM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

Thanks a lot, and i didnīt notice the question forum, so sorry for that.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 08:58 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yeah, because of X-23 and shitty Daken, I don't know what I'd want Flex to be his son now, but having him be the son of another super hero wouldn't be bad.

Heck, maybe Sabretooth's son, how much different from his father could he be if that were the case? Although Sabretooth is one of the characters that's just kind of boring. Oh yay, he's an evil version of Wolverine, that's cool, right?

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 03:52 AM
-K-M-

Yeah, because of X-23 and shitty Daken, I don't know what I'd want Flex to be his son now, but having him be the son of another super hero wouldn't be bad.

Heck, maybe Sabretooth's son, how much different from his father could he be if that were the case? Although Sabretooth is one of the characters that's just kind of boring. Oh yay, he's an evil version of Wolverine, that's cool, right?

uuuuuh...I hate Daken with a passion and he only just appeared...uuuh. Also Hull House ie. Legacy Mutants were all mutants born from other famous mutants, Murmur was apparently the neice of Purple Man, Flex was suppose to be Wolverine's son, Radius was Unus' son, etc.

That would be something, but Flex is to obscure and not exactally popular to make more of apperances in other comics sadly sad Like when was the last time we even saw him? waaaay back in vol.2 and no where since.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 04:01 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Unfortunately you're right. Although I thought we were supposed to get a spotlight on some of the mutants left over after HOM? Instead 198 featured like 5 mutants.

Flex, especially if they gave him some important family ties could become an interesting character to longtime X-readers.

And, I don't care if the handbook said that the real Alpha Flight was back. It didn't happen on page, no one wrote it, so it didn't actually happen. They're out there, don't give up hope, Alpha Fans!

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 06:38 AM