KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » JLA movie?

JLA movie?
Started by: Big Sexy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

JLA movie?

Many websites have been discussing this is in production. Personally I think its a terrible mistake. No ones been able to deliver a descent Superman fight scene, let alone a movie that will include the likes of a gl and WW.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:42 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Bring it on.
Rumor on IGN is that Bale will play Batman and Routhe as Supes.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:46 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: JLA movie?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Big Sexy
No ones been able to deliver a descent Superman fight scene, let alone a movie that will include the likes of a gl and WW.

Nobody has tried either. I mean, that stuff in the 70s doesn't count and Singer was more concerned about telling us that Superman cries too.

I want a JLA movie. I want it badly but I bet this movie spends more time development hell than Superman Returns did.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:49 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Re: Re: JLA movie?

Originally posted by Validus
Nobody has tried either. I mean, that stuff in the 70s doesn't count and Singer was more concerned about telling us that Superman cries too.

I want a JLA movie. I want it badly but I bet this movie spends more time development hell than Superman Returns did.
Just speaking in abstract terms, Superman Returns was a heavy budgeted movie and for most of the movie I was unimpressed. I don't see a budget big enough to support a roster whose members need a Shit- load of special effects.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:55 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

The budget didn't have anything to do with Superman Returns being unimpressive.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:56 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

The budget didn't have anything to do with Superman Returns being unimpressive.
But for over 250 million to make I often wonder where the hell the money went. Smallville would have done a better job.

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Mar 23rd, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:58 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Outside of the kid thing, Superman Returns was almost flawless.
Most people's beef was that it didn't have a genuine fight scene.
However, it did have several breathtaking or adrenaline rushing scenes.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:00 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Juntai
Outside of the kid thing, Superman Returns was almost flawless.
Most people's beef was that it didn't have a genuine fight scene.
However, it did have several breathtaking or adrenaline rushing scenes.
sad wow flawless?

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:01 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I want Gl , I want WW and I especially want Flash. I dont want J'onn , Aquaman or anyone else.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:01 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

But for over 250 million to make I often wonder where the hell the money went. Smallville would have done a better job.

The last thing anyone wants is two hours of Kristen Kreuk acting like a dipshit.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:04 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

The last thing anyone wants is two hours of Kristen Kreuk acting like a dipshit.
laughing

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:05 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

sad wow flawless?
As a representation of Superman, sure.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:05 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Juntai
As a representation of Superman, sure.
I 'm not going to completely get into is as there's a thread about the movie in the Superman forum but:
" Luthor too close to gene hackman version"
" Routh Wooden"
" Bosworth out of character"

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:08 PM
HaSon

Routh would have been fine if he had been allowed to play Brandon Routh as Clark Kent/Superman and not Brandon Routh playing Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent/Superman. Same deal with Kevin Spacey as Hackman Luthor.

Superman Returns on the whole was just....boring.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:12 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Routh would have been fine if he had been allowed to play Brandon Routh as Clark Kent/Superman and not Brandon Routh playing Christopher Reeve as Clark Kent/Superman. Same deal with Kevin Spacey as Hackman Luthor.

Superman Returns on the whole was just....boring.
Agreed

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:14 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I am really not looking forward to a JLA movie. I think it night turn out to be good,but we all have to wait and see.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

If it's not animated, I don't want to hear about it. roll eyes (sarcastic) In all seriousness, outside of JLU and the earlier JLA series, nobody has even come close to showing they can do this idea justice. An animated version is the only way this can work, a live action version is basically unworkable. sad

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 10:45 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

The move would have really high expectations to live up to. Everyone wants their favourite character portrayed fairly and so everyone want's every JLA member in the movie. Everyone wants the movie to have great villain/s great fight scenes a brilliant plot and special effects like nothing that's been done before. The budget will have to be through the roof and not be burdened by the success of movies like batman begins or animated programmes like JLU or be hindered by past failures.

All in all it seems like a dream it can't live up to, but we all want it to happen sad

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:24 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

I'd rather see a Flash, GL and WW movie before going ahead and making a JLA movie. I'd think they'd need to be introduced individually before being thrown onto a team.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:41 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

F*ck the JLA or Superman,give Jonn a movie.

*The shot shows planet earth and a voice starts playing*

"I am the last son of a dead planet"

*Blue streak flashes across the screne*

"A cataclysmic event left me the last survivor of a dead race,taking my family and life,now i strive to protect my adopted planet from the same fate"

*camera Zooms in on Jonn's eyes and we see some green from his face*

"and no,i'm not that kryptonian pussy."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 11:49 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote