KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » My belief

My belief
Started by: Darth Oblivion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Demise
Your Demise

My belief

Im expecting the worst with this one:

It is my belief that though there is a possibility that there may be some all powerful god somewhere in this or even some other universe, it is not very likely. I do not reject the idea of a god, but I refuse to accept such a prospect. And furthur along that argument is heaven and hell. Do they exist? or are they just lies spread by the church to scare us into believing in the almighty. I would say the latter rather than the former. Buddism and hinduism are the closest to what I believe. No real belief in a true almighty god. The only thing is, Im not spiritual either so I cant be one of those. That's my story and Im sticking to it.

Thanks to starlock for the sig. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never brought a pen to a sword fight.-I AM YOUR DEMISE!!

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 04:04 PM
Darth Demise is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Demise a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: My belief

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Oblivion

It is my belief that though there is a possibility that there may be some all powerful god somewhere in this or even some other universe, it is not very likely. I do not reject the idea of a god, but I refuse to accept such a prospect. And furthur along that argument is heaven and hell. Do they exist? or are they just lies spread by the church to scare us into believing in the almighty. I would say the latter rather than the former. Buddism and hinduism are the closest to what I believe. No real belief in a true almighty god. The only thing is, Im not spiritual either so I cant be one of those. That's my story and Im sticking to it.

I understand. I was in the same position for many years. big grin

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 04:08 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Originally posted by Darth Oblivion
It is my belief that though there is a possibility that there may be some all powerful god somewhere in this or even some other universe, it is not very likely.

A very, very, very, very low probability.

Of course the church used Heaven and Hell to keep people in line, if you don't do this or think that, you're going to Hell. Scare mongers. Hinduism is total bullshit like the rest, you really believe in reincarnation and all those gods that Hindus do? Please... they're the same as the Abrahamic God of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, total bullshit, they, like he, do not exist.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 04:24 PM
Boris is currently offline Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

I believe that there may be some form of higher life with “god like” powers but the concept of God and this all supreme benevolent being is ridicules to me and nothing more than a fairy tale.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 04:43 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Yeah, Aliens!

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 04:50 PM
Boris is currently offline Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Re: Re: My belief

Originally posted by Boris
A very, very, very, very low probability.

Of course the church used Heaven and Hell to keep people in line, if you don't do this or think that, you're going to Hell. Scare mongers. Hinduism is total bullshit like the rest, you really believe in reincarnation and all those gods that Hindus do? Please... they're the same as the Abrahamic God of Christianity, Judaism and Islam, total bullshit, they, like he, do not exist.

Hindus do not beleive in the Gods...the Gods are mythological metaphors which characterize human nature.

Buddhism is pretty much a revision of Hinduism, minus the gods and minus the hypocrisy.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 05:11 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I do not reject the idea of a god, but I refuse to accept such a prospect.

What.

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 05:34 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I think, to a point all beliefs are a bit crazy but that's what makes them interesting.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 3rd, 2007 06:31 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yes very interesting in relation to peoples actions to them. However, I do believe that there is something huge that we can't even imagine.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 10:06 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pcp

Get a grip.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 10:52 AM
pcp is currently offline Click here to Send pcp a Private Message Find more posts by pcp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by ThePittman
I believe that there may be some form of higher life with “god like” powers but the concept of God and this all supreme benevolent being is ridicules to me and nothing more than a fairy tale.

Ok that seems you have the same beliefs as me. So you belive in God just not a Christian God?

Originally posted by Goddess Kali
Hindus do not beleive in the Gods...the Gods are mythological metaphors which characterize human nature.

Er to an extent thats true, but im pretty sure that they believe gods exist.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 12:11 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Alfheim
Ok that seems you have the same beliefs as me. So you belive in God just not a Christian God?

confused How would that mean he has the same beliefs as you. He could believe in a totally different non-Christian god.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 01:09 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by pcp
Get a grip.
It's big, like really BIG

Most likely the biggest. Immensely huge, Gigantic even.

laughing out loud

Old Post May 4th, 2007 01:56 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
confused How would that mean he has the same beliefs as you. He could believe in a totally different non-Christian god.

Well yeah hes not going to have exactly the same beliefs as me, but essentially the same in the sense there is a God but we wont go into details.

Old Post May 4th, 2007 03:20 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Demise
Your Demise

Originally posted by FeceMan
What.

im...complicated big grin

Thanks to starlock for the sig. Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never brought a pen to a sword fight.-I AM YOUR DEMISE!!

Old Post May 7th, 2007 08:45 PM
Darth Demise is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Demise a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Demise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusIsAlive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Demise

I do not believe that God uses fear tactics on anyone. God is Love and perfect love casts out fear.

Let me give you an illustration Darth Demise that I know you will relate to. You are traveling down a dark twisted road that has lighting which is very few and far in between. Suddenly, you encounter a good samaritan who motions for you to stop. You stop and the good samaritan walks over to the driver side of your vehicle. You very cautiously roll down your window just enough to hear what the good samaritan has to say. The good samaritan informs you that the bridge is out less than a mile from where you are, and that if you continue traveling on the road that you are on you will perish. You say thank you and proceed down the winding road, gradually increasing your speed.

Question: did the good samaritan use fear tactics to warn you about impending danger up ahead? Did the good samaritan threaten you in any way? Did the good samaritan instill fear in you about the situation? So then what did the good samaritan do? Glad you asked. All the good samaritan did was demonstrate concern for your well-being by warning you of a future reality. Similarly, God warns you about a future reality: His just, holy, righteous wrath against sin and the reality of Hell for those who are not saved from God's wrath against sin. God is holy, and He is Judge of the universe (transcending all earthly judges). Since God is holy, He must punish sinners (if God does not punish sin then He will cease to be holy, just, and righteous). If you are a judge and you fail to sentence a convicted person for their heinous crimes then you will cease to be qualified for that highly responsible position any longer. You will have compromised your integrity and failed to uphold the oath that you took to render righteous and just judgment in accordance with the laws that you are bound to uphold as judge.

So, warning someone about impending danger is not using fear tactics. If warning someone about imminent danger was a fear tactic then police officers, the news media, parents, friends, spouses, employers, relatives, emergency medical technicians, doctors, lawyers, firefighters, the armed forces, federal law enforcement, and anyone else who warns you of immediate danger should be ignored because they are just using fear tactics to save and spare your (valuable) life.

sad

Proof of Hell? || Dr. Donald Whitaker, Research-Scientist/Chemist

Last edited by JesusIsAlive on May 8th, 2007 at 01:46 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2007 01:36 AM
JesusIsAlive is currently offline Click here to Send JesusIsAlive a Private Message Find more posts by JesusIsAlive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I believe in God. I find the precision of Life, Earth, Solar System and Universe to be too complex to be explained as a random occurrence. I respect everybody's opinion and enjoy reading the different ideas and posts. I would only ask the people who absolutely don't believe to contemplate the possibilities of existence.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 8th, 2007 01:51 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Re: My belief

Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
I do not believe that God uses fear tactics on anyone.

So then you'd be working for the devil then?

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 8th, 2007 02:01 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Re: Re: Re: My belief

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
So then you'd be working for the devil then?
No, he's working for...........!

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post May 8th, 2007 02:43 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starhawk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Demise

I believe that the world was created by a fart from a 60 foot tall carrot named Skeebol.

All hail Skeebol!

Burn Baby, BURN!!!My Sig Artwork

Old Post May 8th, 2007 02:53 AM
Starhawk is currently offline Click here to Send Starhawk a Private Message Find more posts by Starhawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote