KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Dante v.s. Sora

Dante v.s. Sora
Started by: FortressXRuler

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Dante v.s. Sora

For some reason why, Heartless have been appearing in massive numbers, and Dante is getting ****in' sick of it. So he decides to go find the source of the problem, his search leads him to Hollow Bastion where he finds a kid weilding a fancy blade. Sora sees Dante walking from the last of the darkness. Misinterpreting that Dante is a friend, Sora charges at him.

Sora may use all of his forms, he can use his magic, and he can use all of his equipment(weapons, potions, etc.)

Dante can use Devil Trigger and all of his equipment.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 04:59 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wow, I wonder if you even thought this would be a good match.

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:14 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Depending on what's going on.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:17 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I couldn't give a rat's ass what is going on or what Sora does, he's dead.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:19 PM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Why? Sora is going to give Dante a fight.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:20 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will wait for someone who knows more about DMC to prove how hard Sora is stomped.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:33 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

You're sooooo lazy!

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:36 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, I don't know a whole lot about DMC other than Dante being the most uber thing since chocalate donuts.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:36 PM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

If you go on wiki, they have a short, brief description of his abilities.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 05:43 PM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really, I've checked.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 06:04 PM
[D_A]Kherr

Sora wins.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 06:11 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Can you care to tell why? I think Dante might get this.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 07:10 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I really don't know how strong Sora is, since I've only played KH1. What are his feats for part 2?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 07:39 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not bothering to explain and this topic has been made before on another forum. Both are capable of achieving victory but Dante's chances are greater.

For the heck of it I'll point out similarities between the two.

Quicksilver and Stopga

Incredible speed

Phenomenal power (Dante's sole power and the immense power of the Keyblades)

Have taken down gods before (Mundus, Hades, etc.)

That's some that I know of.

And you can start off by not being so biased V2D.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 07:41 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

One huge problem for Sora. His durability and skill are nowhere near Dante's. Dante has insane damage soak, durability and a healing factor. The man has been impaled on a electrified sword and STOOD UP THROUGH THE BLADE IMPALED IN HIS CHEST.

Not to mention Sora will be blocking or getting tagged by bullets from E&I alot.

Or the far higher strength level of Dante and faster attack speed.

Dante stomps him.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 08:02 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
One huge problem for Sora. His durability and skill are nowhere near Dante's.
Skill? Harharhar.

[B]Dante has insane damage soak, durability and a healing factor. The man has been impaled on a electrified sword and STOOD UP THROUGH THE BLADE IMPALED IN HIS CHEST.
That's one of the reasons why Dante's as awesome as he is. Sora has a healing factor as well known as Curaga. Basically each time he casts this his health is replenished 100%. In addition he impaled himself with the Keyblade of Darkness and survived.
Not to mention Sora will be blocking or getting tagged by bullets from E&I alot.
Not a problem look at how many lasers he was deflecting in the last fight with Xemnas.
Or the far higher strength level of Dante and faster attack speed.
Dante's immensely stronger and I agree. However that power would be threatened by the Keyblade's power, not to mention Sora has two of those in every drive form except Wisdom.
Dante stomps him.
Then the KH villains would've done so themselves. But...they didn't.

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Jul 13th, 2007 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 08:15 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rascaduanok
any% speedrunner

As a Dante fanatic (see my signature for proof), I still think we should discount cutscene/FMV abilities because they rarely translate into gameplay. Try any of that fancy durability shite in the game itself and Dante makes hurt noises, gets knocked back, and has a depressingly large loss of green on his health bar.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 09:43 PM
Rascaduanok is currently offline Click here to Send Rascaduanok a Private Message Find more posts by Rascaduanok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

In my opinion it would be better to use gameplay only if it does not contradict canonical facts, i.e. Sora having to fuse with allies in-game even though he doesn't have to in the story, as shown when he goes into Valor Form in Twilight Town while Donald and Goofy stare in amazement. Dante should not be affected in the least by mere swords stabbing through his chest face etc., but Keyblades are phenomenal weapons that are far from ordinary and can take him down. Dante's chance of winning is still greater in my opinion, so I placed my bet on Dante.

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Jul 13th, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 10:08 PM
Rascaduanok
any% speedrunner

Originally posted by Xenogears
I placed my bet on Dante.
eek! So this fight will really happen then? Cool! Another de la Hoya vs Mayweather in the making, eh? Where can I get some of this betting action.

I’ve never played KH so I can’t comment at all on Sora, but if you have mastered how to use Dante in the game then you can consider yourself invincible, as numerous ‘expert’ videos online testify. How does that compare to professionally using all of Sora’s abilities ingame?

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 11:01 PM
Rascaduanok is currently offline Click here to Send Rascaduanok a Private Message Find more posts by Rascaduanok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

No it won't really happen. I'm saying if they were to fight I'd place my bet on Dante.

Even though he may be invincible in-game I don't think he's invincible to everything in actuality, though that's just me.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 11:06 PM