KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Super-Adaptoid vs Ravenous

Super-Adaptoid vs Ravenous
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Super-Adaptoid vs Ravenous

Who wins?

Super-Adaptoid
(please log in to view the image)

vs

Ravenous

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 03:31 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Super-Adaptoid vs Ravenous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
Who wins?

Super-Adaptoid

vs

Ravenous

super adaptoid

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 04:19 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

considering the show of powers superadaptoid had vs. quasar... i'd say he stands a far chance of beating ravenous... However, i remember the showings ravenous had at the beginning of annihilation...he stood up well to energy.. but the brute force of ronan's attacks not so well... i'd think super adaptoid would pull the combination quicksilver/hercules combo he used on quasar... to pull the win 6/10

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:43 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Super Adaptoid was almost beaten by phyla vell though, and she's pretty inexperienced :/

Good matchup, I'll think about it.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 07:15 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Originally posted by llagrok
Super Adaptoid was almost beaten by phyla vell though, and she's pretty inexperienced :/

Good matchup, I'll think about it.
That makes me think Ravenous would take it. And let's not forget that when Ronan broke his hammer on Ravenous's skull, it was actually Ronan and Super Skrull vs Ravenous, not a one on one battle.

Based on Ravenous's showings against the Silver Surfer, and his domination of Ronan one on one, I think he overpowers the current Adaptoid.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 09:11 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Acrosurge
That makes me think Ravenous would take it. And let's not forget that when Ronan broke his hammer on Ravenous's skull, it was actually Ronan and Super Skrull vs Ravenous, not a one on one battle.

Based on Ravenous's showings against the Silver Surfer, and his domination of Ronan one on one, I think he overpowers the current Adaptoid.

Actually it was Ravenous + 5 Centurions + 3 currs vs SS and Ronan.

I think that fight was pretty incomplete though, they traded blows and Ronan managed to get in his über slam. Seems to me like the only reason Ronan won was due to Ravenous' arrogance and the fact that he went "all out" earlier in the fight.

Either way, I think that Ravenous would win against the super adaptoid.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 09:16 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Actually it was Ravenous + 5 Centurions + 3 currs vs SS and Ronan.

I think that fight was pretty incomplete though, they traded blows and Ronan managed to get in his über slam. Seems to me like the only reason Ronan won was due to Ravenous' arrogance and the fact that he went "all out" earlier in the fight.

Either way, I think that Ravenous would win against the super adaptoid.
Well, if we must be that detailed, then you left out Praxagora, House Fiyero, and the Kree army.

I agree with you on Ravenous's arrogance; this played into Ronan's victory, which was pretty much won by his absolute all. He broke his Universal Weapon doing what he did. That, and Ronan was also assisted in his victory by Super-Skrull, who took out Ravenous's Currs, weakening Ravenous for Ronan's final blow.

Ravenous and Ronan are really not equals at all.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 09:25 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, if we must be that detailed, then you left out Praxagora, House Fiyero, and the Kree army.

I agree with you on Ravenous's arrogance; this played into Ronan's victory, which was pretty much won by his absolute all. He broke his Universal Weapon doing what he did. That, and Ronan was also assisted in his victory by Super-Skrull, who took out Ravenous's Currs, weakening Ravenous for Ronan's final blow.

Ravenous and Ronan are really not equals at all.

Neither Praxagora nor the Kree army affected Ravenous/Ronan so they were irrelevant smile

Ravenous was at full power when Ronan engaged him, Ronan and SS had fought their way through the courtyard and taken out tons of Centurions as well.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 09:27 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Neither Praxagora nor the Kree army affected Ravenous/Ronan so they were irrelevant smile

Ravenous was at full power when Ronan engaged him, Ronan and SS had fought their way through the courtyard and taken out tons of Centurions as well.
Exactly. There were extenuated circumstances, though Ravenous still managed to dominate Ronan in their earlier battles. That's what made Ronan's victory so spectacular; he was the underdog fighting for a people that had spurned him. He won, but not because he was more powerful than Ravenous. Good stuff. *goes off to re-read Annihilation #5*

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 09:46 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly. There were extenuated circumstances, though Ravenous still managed to dominate Ronan in their earlier battles. That's what made Ronan's victory so spectacular; he was the underdog fighting for a people that had spurned him. He won, but not because he was more powerful than Ravenous. Good stuff. *goes off to re-read Annihilation #5*

The only reason why Ravenous nearly won in their earliest bout was because he threw himself in the way of Ravenous' attack, in order to defend a nurse smile

But yeah, things would've been very different in a real bout.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:17 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

The only reason why Ravenous nearly won in their earliest bout was because he threw himself in the way of Ravenous' attack, in order to defend a nurse smile

But yeah, things would've been very different in a real bout.
Well, I was thinking of earlier in the battle when Ravenous used a single energy blast to make Ronan scream. He also deflecting Ronan's energy blasts with his bare hands. Ravenous made Ronan scream after one attack! No one else in Annihilation has made the Kree Accuser yell like that (heck, I'm not sure anyone ever has). Ronan is good, no doubt, but Ravenous is on another level, IMO.

Edit: Dude, we are so off topic. I suppose if Super-Adaptoid has Herald-level feats, past or present, then he might be a match for Ravenous. Until then, I say Ravenous takes him.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 03:41 AM
golem370

Didn't Super-Adaptoid take on an Avengers team

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:40 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Didn't Super-Adaptoid take on an Avengers team

yes

thank u bz

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 08:43 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

How did he do? and What team members was he fighting?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 11:35 AM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

How did he do? and What team members was he fighting?
Well, the first time he fought the Avengers was Avengers #45. He fought:

Captain America
Wasp
Hank Pym
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Hercules
Scarlet Witch

He did well against them, but was defeated by the fact that he could not draw on too many of his copied powers at once.

The Adaptoid encountered the Avengers again in 286-288, but then he had the help of Heavy Metal, a team of superrobots including the Mad Thinker's Android, Machine Man, Sentry 451, Tess-One, ect.

In #289, he adapted the power of Kubik to become Supreme Adaptoid. He had the power of the Cosmic Cube, but was defeated by Captain America using a philosophical weakness. Kubik takes the power from him.

Then we have Adaptoid's latest showing in Annihilation: Conquest. It fought a depowered, inexperienced Phyla/Quasar and was not able to overcome her. I don't think you could argue that Phyla anywhere near Wendall/Quasar's level, so you'd be hardpressed to argue that Adaptoid is Ravenous level.

Supreme Adaptoid could take Ravenous, but then, anyone with the Cosmic Cube should be able to take him. The other versions of Adaptoid? Not so much. *shrugs*

Last edited by Acrosurge on Jul 27th, 2007 at 04:34 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 04:22 PM
golem370

Well, the first time he fought the Avengers was Avengers #45. He fought:

Captain America
Wasp
Hank Pym
Hawkeye
Quicksilver
Hercules
Scarlet Witch

He did well against them, but was defeated by the fact that he could not draw on too many of his copied powers at once.

The Adaptoid encountered the Avengers again in 286-288, but then he had the help of Heavy Metal, a team of superrobots including the Mad Thinker's Android, Machine Man, Sentry 451, Tess-One, ect.

In #289, he adapted the power of Kubik to become Supreme Adaptoid. He had the power of the Cosmic Cube, but was defeated by Captain America using a philosophical weakness. Kubik takes the power from him.

Then we have Adaptoid's latest showing in Annihilation: Conquest. It fought a depowered, inexperienced Phyla/Quasar and was not able to overcome her. I don't think you could argue that Phyla anywhere near Wendall/Quasar's level, so you'd be hardpressed to argue that Adaptoid is Ravenous level.

Supreme Adaptoid could take Ravenous, but then, anyone with the Cosmic Cube should be able to take him. The other versions of Adaptoid? Not so much. *shrugs*

The one I have with him and the Hulk said he had the combined powers of 100 heros.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 04:48 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Maybe i am wrong but is not the current Super adaptoid-a phalanx now? i could have sworn the phalanx have taken him over....not sure what that does with this match....just curious?

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 04:55 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Super-Adaptoid KO'ed Sentry... twice...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 05:16 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

The one I have with him and the Hulk said he had the combined powers of 100 heros.
You asked about when Super Adaptoid fought the Avengers, yes? The Hulk episode was not during the Avengers confrontation, but later.

Originally posted by Tyrant
Super-Adaptoid KO'ed Sentry... twice...
Did that take place during New Avengers Annual #1? That was a seperate Adaptoid from the original. Are we including that one in the fight?

Last edited by Acrosurge on Jul 27th, 2007 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:12 PM
golem370

This is the one I want. But I will take scenarios for current and original.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 07:26 PM