KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » Obi Wan gaining power?

Obi Wan gaining power?
Started by: fascistcrusader

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Obi Wan gaining power?

Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Obi Wan said to Vader "strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." It seems to me he just turned into a transparent blue guy, and his only power left was that of speaking to Luke and Yoda. Am I missing something?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2007 11:20 PM
Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

to have eternal life is a huge power

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 04:06 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fascistcrusader
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really. He can't do anything but chat with people. He made it seem like a huge deal that killing him would make him infinitely more powerful, but all that happened is he could talk to people forever, and lost the ability to fight or physically assist anyone.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 09:17 AM
Click here to Send fascistcrusader a Private Message Find more posts by fascistcrusader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

I'm guessing he can commune with the force better, or something, and to a jedi, that's power

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 03:41 PM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Maybe he didn't.

But his vanishing trick sure as hell ruined Vaders day...

Old Post Nov 4th, 2007 03:53 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

I would have been pretty damn annoyed.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2007 08:40 PM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Why? You didn't like the robe he left?

Old Post Nov 13th, 2007 09:15 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

He could have sold it on ebay, but then that means that there is a naked OB1 wandering around for all eternity...as far as Vader knows...

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 12:53 AM
Click here to Send General G a Private Message Find more posts by General G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It was his robe... not his underwear. Or do you think that was in the robe as well? Hmmm... new topic I think: did Ob1 drop just his robe or ALL of his clothes?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2007 07:16 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

laughing out loud

That better never be made.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2007 11:15 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Obi Wan gaining power?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fascistcrusader
Am I the only one who doesn't understand why Obi Wan said to Vader "strike me down and I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." It seems to me he just turned into a transparent blue guy, and his only power left was that of speaking to Luke and Yoda. Am I missing something?
the power he referred to was the ability to converse with the living from the other side.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2007 06:17 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

We know that.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2007 09:55 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
We know that.
well, apparently one person didnt, hence the existence of this thread.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2007 08:52 PM
Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General G
Canadian.

And yet was answered earlier.

Made by Tiffy!

Old Post Nov 27th, 2007 11:11 PM
queeq
Chaos

Exactly. Well, it is answered. Closing.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 12:11 PM