KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Ender's Game wanted

Ender's Game wanted
Started by: blackicedragoon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
blackicedragoon
Brian the Dog

Ender's Game wanted

I am hoping they make the book Ender's Game into a movie and hopefully it doesn't turn out bad like Eragon...

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 10:25 PM
blackicedragoon is currently offline Click here to Send blackicedragoon a Private Message Find more posts by blackicedragoon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

alot of people hope they do, i hope they wont, have you ever once seen a book made into a movie and turn out anything near to good?
Ever, just once?

i haven't.
i would see it if they made it, but the chance's of it being anything near to good like the book(s) is slight to none.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 12:02 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rambo

I can name just one....FIGHT CLUB. Weather you liked it or not it is just like the book, almost word for word.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2007 05:13 PM
Rambo is currently offline Click here to Send Rambo a Private Message Find more posts by Rambo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think Ender's game could easily be converted to the screen.

I think it would be awesome.

But Soldier by Paul Anderson is very similiar to Ender's game.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 02:35 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dave_kodak
have you ever once seen a book made into a movie and turn out anything near to good?
Ever, just once?

Lotr, Harry Potter...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 03:28 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by Blaxican
Lotr, Harry Potter...
the harry potter movies could have been better, and as for Lotr, ok you got me there.

i didnt know fightulb had a book, i should read it sometime.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2007 12:57 PM
Dave_97 is currently offline Click here to Send Dave_97 a Private Message Find more posts by Dave_97 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I've been kinda following this for some time, Apparantly there was going to be one, but I don't know what was goiing to happen.
Back in '03/'04 it was slated for an 06 release with Orson Scott Card writing the screenplay,
But I don't know what happened, I should do some more research about that.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 12:23 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

Originally posted by Tptmanno1
I've been kinda following this for some time, Apparantly there was going to be one, but I don't know what was goiing to happen.
Back in '03/'04 it was slated for an 06 release with Orson Scott Card writing the screenplay,
But I don't know what happened, I should do some more research about that.
i know the feeling of that, i once heard something about Matthew Rielly making a film about "The Temple"(in '04) but i have yet to see or hear anything new about it.

as long as the one who wrote it is working on the film i cant see it being THAT bad.
but with the movies that come out now-a-days im not getting my hopes up over anything.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 07:32 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

have you ever once seen a book made into a movie and turn out anything near to good?
Ever, just once?

More than once actually:

American Psycho
Fight Club
The Prestige
Lord of the Rings
Jurassic Park
Empire of the Sun
A Clockwork Orange
Schindler's List
Goodfellas
Jaws
The Godfather

All great films...

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 06:19 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

ok i was wrong, im sorry for being wrong and now i have to go get called a noob for it.

from now on, i will read more books!

and for the record Jurassic Park wasnt nearly as good as the book was.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 01:00 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Well, for the record you said "anything near to good," and I would consider Jurassic Park to be at least in that category, if not a bit better. Book was better, but the movie was still a great adaption.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 11:11 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dave_97
Party Dave

well the movie was good, but the film didnt stand up to it.

but this is all just my thoughts and if im wrong i can say it, and i was wrong.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 09:40 AM
office jesus

Ender's Game would just suck as a movie. I can see Disney getting a hold of it and just doing something horrible to it.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 12:16 AM
office jesus is currently offline Click here to Send office jesus a Private Message Find more posts by office jesus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tom Cruise should be Ender. no expression

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 02:30 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes

laughing

Oh man... that would be something.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 04:46 AM
Dave_97
Party Dave

Hmmmmmm..... The Evil Emperor Tom Cruise as Ender Wiggin?

in that case, i would go see it. EVEN if, and i do mean this, Even IF Disney got their hands on the script, Which would never happen, and if it does, hey one less poster, and one more computer screen covered in skin, and brains, and blood.

Lazers_go_pew_pew_pew

Old Post Apr 25th, 2007 08:29 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Burnt Pancakes

Nah, rather Beans...

Old Post Apr 26th, 2007 09:49 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypester
Not as Hype as I'd like

Ender's game could be incredible! But I don't kow how they would do little kids floating in 3D believably... the floating in 3D is hard enough, but little kid stuntmen are hard to come by...

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 04:08 PM
Hypester is currently offline Click here to Send Hypester a Private Message Find more posts by Hypester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the harry potter movies could have been better

im just curious why so many people say this. How could they have been better, the plot of every book is captured and conveyed into a seamless story on film. Do you mean the actors?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 04:48 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Man i don't want the book to be ruined by a movie. With little kids being the actors, this would definitely take away from the mature and sophisticated feeling of the book IMO.

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Jul 27th, 2007 05:30 AM
Gannon is currently offline Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote