KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Visual Blind Spot

Visual Blind Spot
Started by: SpearofDestiny

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Laugh Visual Blind Spot

I didn't know this before, but apparently the Eyes have a blind spot, which the Brain fills the gap for by using surrounding visual information. Like a computer program would do.

@ Close your left eye, and focus your right eye on the "@" at the beginning of this sentence. While your left hand is on your left eye, put your right index finger on the "@" at the beginning of the paragraph. Then move your hand slowly to the right, slowly and slowly towards the right end of your computer screen. KEEP your eye focused on the "@" though. Just be aware of the right index finger moving along. You will notice that somewhere along the path, your right finger dissapears...( from your periferal view.) That is your blind spot.

Check it out ! It's pretty cool !

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 11:24 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

My finger never disappeared.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 11:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Are you following the steps ?

Keep your right eye focused on the first "@" of the paragraph. Don't move it. Keep your left eye closed the whole time.

From your periferal view, your right finger should seem to dissapear in one spot along the path.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 11:28 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grinning Goku

Sorry, that's too much work and your sig has me confused...

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 11:50 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

It worked.

I shall do it again. And again.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 11:52 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpearofDestiny
I didn't know this before, but apparently the Eyes have a blind spot, which the Brain fills the gap for by using surrounding visual information. Like a computer program would do.

@ Close your left eye, and focus your right eye on the "@" at the beginning of this sentence. While your left hand is on your left eye, put your right index finger on the "@" at the beginning of the paragraph. Then move your hand slowly to the right, slowly and slowly towards the right end of your computer screen. KEEP your eye focused on the "@" though. Just be aware of the right index finger moving along. You will notice that somewhere along the path, your right finger dissapears...( from your periferal view.) That is your blind spot.

Check it out ! It's pretty cool !

(please log in to view the image)

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 11:53 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

That shit's so gangsta.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 12:17 AM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

it didnt work for me and now i smudged my screen

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 11:50 AM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

I did it and my finger went away eek!

Cool happy

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 11:55 AM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

didn't work... maybe cause i got lazy eye.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 12:07 PM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piggle Humsy
Wiggle4life

My sister couldn't do it either..

But she's just stupid

..T H I N K I N G.. ..B E E A N.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 12:14 PM
Piggle Humsy is currently offline Click here to Send Piggle Humsy a Private Message Find more posts by Piggle Humsy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
My finger never disappeared.

Ditto

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 12:41 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote