KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » House OKs oil drilling in Alaska refuge

House OKs oil drilling in Alaska refuge
Started by: KharmaDog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

House OKs oil drilling in Alaska refuge

quote:

Final vote on energy bill expected Thursday

Thursday, April 21, 2005 Posted: 12:53 AM EDT (0453 GMT)

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The House voted late Wednesday to allow oil drilling in an Alaska wildlife refuge as part of a broad energy bill that Democrats said would funnel billions of dollars to highly profitable energy companies while doing little to promote conservation or ease gasoline prices.

click here for the full story:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/04...l.ap/index.html

I think that this kinda sucks. I also find it humorous that Bush said that the oil will be drilled and obtained "with almost no impact on land and local wildlife" . You'd figure that a guy with experience in the oil industry would know better, but everyone will believe him, they always do.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:51 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's only one solution for this.

Steven Segal.

The man has saved more villages in icey landscapes than......well than someone who saves them alot.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 12:54 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Steven Segal.

The man has saved more villages in icey landscapes than......well than someone who saves them alot.

-AC

Now that's funny. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:12 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: House OKs oil drilling in Alaska refuge

Originally posted by KharmaDog
but everyone will believe him, they always do.

bush could tell the american public that he is jesus christ reincarnated and 50% will believe him. i hardly think this is a revelation stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:14 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Steven Segal.

-AC

I absolutely agree...i can see it now...the screaming, the never ending ammunition in his guns...its gonna work.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:45 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

segal doesnt need guns.
he can just snap all their necks with ease. ninja

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:50 PM
PVS is currently offline Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

No he can't.

He's jussa cook.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 01:51 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

All jokes aside, doesn't this bother anyone?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:00 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

it deeply bothers me.
bush is basically raping and destroying the planet,
and all he has to do is hit the podium, and lie through
his teeth while delivering his trademark hand gestures and
monkey faces, and people just buy it.

i think the man is evil right down to the core. however,
nothing seems 'new' to me and nothing he could do
would surprise me. he could push the button and end the world
in a flash, and although my final moments would be of absolute
horror, i would not be the least bit surprised.

thats how i feel about the man
i know that seems harsh, but how could i find
a shred of good in a man who would destroy our environment,
and murder hundreds of thousands of people for the profit of him and
his friends? not to mix issues, but in the end its all about lining the
pockets of his base...as he put it...'the have mores'

Last edited by PVS on Apr 21st, 2005 at 02:38 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 02:33 PM
krillinite

this horrible i remember a few years back watching on tv at school how some Alaskan people were protesting near wild life parks. Now Bush is lettin em drill... Some scientists have already come out saying the oil under alaska isnt even enough to sustain maybe a years worth of consumption.
How much of a difference will the oil in alska make... none!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:11 PM
krillinite is currently offline Click here to Send krillinite a Private Message Find more posts by krillinite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Damn this... I was in Alaska this summer and was already pissed of by the oil line that went through it... Now drilling oil there? Is he crazy, he should go there and realise what he is destroying...

Alaska is so amazing so beautiful, what a waste

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:46 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Originally posted by Fishy
Is he crazy, he should go there and realise what he is destroying...

It's not that he doesn't know, it's that he doesn't care.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:53 PM
Peach
mordrem

Steven Segal.

-AC

laughing

Seriously though, this bothers the hell out of me. I remember hearing that the amount of oil under Alaska is only enough to last a few months anyway. Definitely not worth wrecking a wildlife refuge.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 05:57 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Originally posted by KharmaDog
It's not that he doesn't know, it's that he doesn't care.

By god i hope your wrong, but you're probably right... sad

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 06:04 PM
Fishy is currently offline Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I don't really know where I stand on this one. If we need oil we need oil.. nothing you can do to change that.

I guess we better just start working on alternative sources of energy because we are going to run out eventually..

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 06:11 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
I don't really know where I stand on this one. If we need oil we need oil.. nothing you can do to change that.

I guess we better just start working on alternative sources of energy because we are going to run out eventually..

like bush promised in his first state of the union address?
never gonna happen

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 06:20 PM
Afro Cheese

What's never gonna happen?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 06:23 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Not as long as oil can still be sold and billions can be made from it... Some large oil company's like Shell are working on it, but even if they find one soon they will keep it to themselves and probably wait a lot longer until they have lot more money before they release it

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 06:24 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

bush pushing for alternate fuel vehicles is NEVER going to happen. he promised it long ago, then companies like GM and Ford developed alternate fuel cars and allowed a select few to test them out. all of the sudden, they were all recalled and destroyed. nothing was ever heard of it again.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 06:26 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

here is a related article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7188640/

Old Post Apr 21st, 2005 06:37 PM