KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Out of date movies

Out of date movies
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Out of date movies

There are old movies that you can watch again and again and you will never feel its old. There are some that do look out of date for example
Alien looks old also star wars (77) .

Some movies do give away there age

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 06:40 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

what's your point?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 08:06 PM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

there are some that have aged well despite the effects...terminator 2 still looks amazing...hard to think that its 17 years old now

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 08:33 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alien doesn't look out of date, what are you on about. Saw that at the re release at the cinema, looked amazing.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 10:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

"Out of date" is all in the eye of the beholder, if you ask me.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2008 10:32 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Alien doesn't look out of date, what are you on about. Saw that at the re release at the cinema, looked amazing.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2008 08:29 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Back to the Future, IMO, doesn't really show its age either, any of them.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 06:09 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpecialPete

Agree about Back to the Future....I think I will be able to watch it in another 50 years.

Other movies I think don't look out of date are - Top Gun & Raiders of the Lost Ark, Platoon.
Most period type movies made approx 20 years ago still look ok.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 01:52 PM
SpecialPete is currently offline Click here to Send SpecialPete a Private Message Find more posts by SpecialPete Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by SpecialPete
Agree about Back to the Future....I think I will be able to watch it in another 50 years.

Other movies I think don't look out of date are - Top Gun & Raiders of the Lost Ark, Platoon.
Most period type movies made approx 20 years ago still look ok.

Why approximately 20 years ago? Top Gun, Raiders and Platoon are all older than approximately 20 years.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 04:34 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Wolfie
Back to the Future, IMO, doesn't really show its age either, any of them.

I was thinking the very same thing when I watched the first a few weeks ago.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2008 10:43 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

if you look at other films that came out in 77 id say Star Wars is pretty timeless due to its setting
sure the sideburns are a bit bushy but they have come back in fashion along with beards and the only thing that makes it feel "old" is well.......you got me there

i reckon there are a LOT of sci fi films set in the 70s,80s and 90s which look terribly dated
much more so than ANH supposidly does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 06:46 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Like Logan's Run.

Y'know, sorry get to get out me soapbox, but I have no problem with movies that seem "out of date," and I'm sure I am not the only one. "Timeless" is a nice hook for a film exec and it is true for some films that are just pure quality, but there is something to be gained by watching a film, like Logan's Run, that for all intensive purposes seems out of date. You get a look at what was happening at the time and I reckon that's fascinating.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 07:11 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Logans Run may be outdated but not Star Wars.The special effects to Star Wars still measure up to the effects today which is whats really amazing about that movie since it was made back in the 70's.
Like vintage said,sure maybe the sideburns gave them that 70's look but like he said,they have come back in fashion so it doest feel old at all.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Apr 4th, 2008 at 09:56 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2008 09:53 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo_Version 7
Smile (:

Jurassic Park makes all CG-laden movies his b*tch.

Pulp Fiction somewhat has the never-old feeling despite it being over a decade old. If that was the aim, then bravo.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 12:04 AM
Neo_Version 7 is currently offline Click here to Send Neo_Version 7 a Private Message Find more posts by Neo_Version 7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I was actually thinking about this the other day when "The Day The Earth Stood Still" was on tv. While its a classic and it really doesnt get old, its wayyyyy out dated. Gort needs a makeover ASAP.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 02:34 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

I just watched "They Live" a little while back. That movie never gets old!!!

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 03:45 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mr Parker
Logans Run may be outdated but not Star Wars.The special effects to Star Wars still measure up to the effects today which is whats really amazing about that movie since it was made back in the 70's.
Like vintage said,sure maybe the sideburns gave them that 70's look but like he said,they have come back in fashion so it doest feel old at all.

people seem to be forgetting that the rereleases have been massively remastered with almost all the lightsabre and laser effects being completely redone and all the space battles being remastered and in some parts, i believe, even reshot then cut in in order to bring them up to date

if you have the dvd box set of the original trilogy then watch the unedited trailers and you'll see that starwars has dated quite considerably

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 04:07 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Neo_Version 7
Jurassic Park makes all CG-laden movies his b*tch.

Pulp Fiction somewhat has the never-old feeling despite it being over a decade old. If that was the aim, then bravo.

yeah...i always thought that about pulp fiction...i think it was made so you didn't even know what decade it was meant to be set in

Old Post Apr 5th, 2008 04:08 PM
vintageSW77
MANCUNIAN

Originally posted by jaden101
people seem to be forgetting that the rereleases have been massively remastered with almost all the lightsabre and laser effects being completely redone and all the space battles being remastered and in some parts, i believe, even reshot then cut in in order to bring them up to date

if you have the dvd box set of the original trilogy then watch the unedited trailers and you'll see that starwars has dated quite considerably

i was talking about the originals in their original form
give me a stop motion animation TaunTaun over yer CGI clonetroopers,Cloverfield monster,Hulk or Spiderman anyday
nothing ages a movie worse than poor CGI
i think the Luke on tauntaun shot is the only dated shot in the entire OT trilogy

i was prepared to give THE HULK a second chance but the CGI on show in the trailer means ill be giving the new one a miss
its almost a cgi backwards step
jeez i remember how i thought Lou Ferrigno looked phony
at least he had a prescence

and i like Logans Run just the way it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPHBqi5Lv54

Last edited by vintageSW77 on Apr 6th, 2008 at 05:08 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 05:01 PM
vintageSW77 is currently offline Click here to Send vintageSW77 a Private Message Find more posts by vintageSW77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i definitely agree that bad cgi makes a film look bad...that's why films like "i am legend" will look terrible in years to come...hell..they look terrible in comparison to some films make 10 years ago

i saw fellowship of the ring today and the battle at the start when it shows sauron with the ring on...even that's beginning to look dated

another film that is beginning to look terrible is "independance day"

i watched total recall the other night and that's a mixed bag...some bits still look genuinely good and others look terrible but i think alot of the datedness of it is down to prop design (the taxis for example)

i think that the 5th element still looks reasonable with the exception of when the black guy changes into the alien...and the alien costumes in general look quite shit...but overall the film has a cartoonish feel that i dont think will date

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 05:29 PM