KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Greatest single season nfl team...

Greatest single season nfl team...
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Greatest single season nfl team...

Well I feel this is relevant especially because we could have an undefeated team. I do not think the Pats are the greatest team of all time. I feel there are a few teams out there that were better.

Ill name them.

89 49ers
94 49ers
92 Cowboys
78 Steelers
85 Bears
84 49ers

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 06:42 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

I'm biased....'99 Rams

If Brady wins another ring, the '07-08 Pats will be the greatest team

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 10:30 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by guy222
I'm biased....'99 Rams

If Brady wins another ring, the '07-08 Pats will be the greatest team

Correct, but they won't. evil face

Right now, I say the 85 Bears. cool

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 04:26 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by BobbyD

I say the 89 49ers. You have to think about how these teams match up well with each other. They could throw it and pass it on you and the uttery dominated postseason.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 05:13 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by quanchi112
I say the 89 49ers. You have to think about how these teams match up well with each other. They could throw it and pass it on you and the uttery dominated postseason.

Is a good choice, no doubt. I love Joe and Jerry. However, Joe needs to the time too to find Jerry. Against the 85 Bears, that might not have happened.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 05:25 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Is a good choice, no doubt. I love Joe and Jerry. However, Joe needs to the time too to find Jerry. Against the 85 Bears, that might not have happened.
I think the would have definitely put up enough points to beat this team. Remember the west coast offense is centered around quick passing. They could definitely put the clamps on the Bears offense.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 06:05 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

85 Bears...(this statement is prior to the Superbowl match...if Pats win it and defeat the Giants...then it's another story.)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 06:05 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Taking Eli also

Great defense

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 07:35 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
85 Bears...(this statement is prior to the Superbowl match...if Pats win it and defeat the Giants...then it's another story.)
So even though the Pats havent thoroughly decimated the competition in the postseason you give them the nod. No one scored on the Bears tuill the Super Bowl. Thats called utter domination. The pats letting the Chargers hand around till the fourth quarter is pathetic. Rivers was beyond banged up and Lt sat out. The 89 niners and the 85 bears would stomp a mudhole in these Pats.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 07:50 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

So even though the Pats havent thoroughly decimated the competition in the postseason you give them the nod. No one scored on the Bears tuill the Super Bowl. Thats called utter domination. The pats letting the Chargers hand around till the fourth quarter is pathetic. Rivers was beyond banged up and Lt sat out. The 89 niners and the 85 bears would stomp a mudhole in these Pats.

Good points. ...is exactly why the Giants should win, and why I'm picking them to win. They are flat out, no doubt about it, no rocket science, so easy to see that a casual fan can tell are playing the better football. The Chargers w/o LT, Gates, and healthy Rivers, is like playing the Dolphins. And the Pats barely survived.

This is reminiscient to the Steelers going a couple of years ago when they beat 3 road teams and got hot at the right time to win the Super Bowl. The outcome "should" be no different.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 10:12 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Good points. ...is exactly why the Giants should win, and why I'm picking them to win. They are flat out, no doubt about it, no rocket science, so easy to see that a casual fan can tell are playing the better football. The Chargers w/o LT, Gates, and healthy Rivers, is like playing the Dolphins. And the Pats barely survived.

This is reminiscient to the Steelers going a couple of years ago when they beat 3 road teams and got hot at the right time to win the Super Bowl. The outcome "should" be no different.
Well I think to be considered the greatest you must simply dominate everyone postseason. The Pats havent done that.

The Giants are huge underdogs and if they win this could be the greatest upset in Nfl history.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 10:25 PM
Citizen V.

That means nothing.

It doesn't mean 85 Bears > 07 Pats (this is coming from a Bears fan)

It COULD be taken as: Everyone but the Pats 07 > Everyone but the Bears 85. erm

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 10:31 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

My sentiments exactly

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 10:43 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Citizen V
That means nothing.

It doesn't mean 85 Bears > 07 Pats (this is coming from a Bears fan)

It COULD be taken as: Everyone but the Pats 07 > Everyone but the Bears 85. erm
Postseason domination is a huge factor. The Dolphins were also undefeated in 72 but would have gotten trounced by a number of teams. I put the 07 Pats up there but not in the top three. They should have decimated the Chargers. Their qb was banged up and their mvp wasnt in there. smile

89 Niners would have beaten the 85 Bears.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 10:59 PM
Quiero Mota

In the mid 90's, the Cowboys were practically the Bulls of football.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 01:44 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Well I think to be considered the greatest you must simply dominate everyone postseason. The Pats havent done that.

The Giants are huge underdogs and if they win this could be the greatest upset in Nfl history.

Postseason domination is a huge factor. The Dolphins were also undefeated in 72 but would have gotten trounced by a number of teams. I put the 07 Pats up there but not in the top three. They should have decimated the Chargers. Their qb was banged up and their mvp wasnt in there. smile

89 Niners would have beaten the 85 Bears.

Yeah, I think you made your point earlier about the Patriots quanchi...

quote:
I do not think the Pats are the greatest team of all time.

Don't really have explain it everytime....

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:55 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

But you have to explain to us that the Patriots are doing well every time they win.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 04:21 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Smasandian
But you have to explain to us that the Patriots are doing well every time they win.
They are just getting by. The best should wax the competition especially minus their star.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 08:04 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

The 1976 Buccaneers.

0-14 Bucs were shut out 5 times, outscored by an average of 20 points per game (412-125 overall), QB Steve Spurrier only notched 7 TD passes, and when head John McKay was asked about his team's execution, he replied, "I'm all for it."

Now that was a great season.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:59 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

laughing out loud thumb up

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:57 PM