KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Pricy Dvd Series

Pricy Dvd Series
Started by: bigloss75

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bigloss75

Pricy Dvd Series

Have you people tried buying any tv on dvd for this christmas? the prices are a little too much..they're going up to like $40-50-60! not a fan..they need to go down!

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 09:24 PM
bigloss75 is currently offline Click here to Send bigloss75 a Private Message Find more posts by bigloss75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

They are only really expensive when they first come out, a few months time they should be down if you look around.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 11:31 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

"You people"?

Wait a while. Shows typically get real cheap when the new season hits DVD (i.e. My Name is Earl S3 goes to DVD and S2 is priced down to $20).

Some shows really justify the price though, considering how many hours of entertainment you get in one DVD set. 24 S6 is $45 on Amazon, but that's 24 hours of the show, right? That's about $1.88 an hour.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2008 11:23 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Dr who serias 4 £50

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 12:40 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigloss75

sorry if the phrase "you people" offended anyone in any way..but anyway...yea I guess u guys are right i shouldve waited i spent so much buying dvds over xmas..and the value isnt bad for the set but there are a specific few that are just ridiculous!

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 10:05 PM
bigloss75 is currently offline Click here to Send bigloss75 a Private Message Find more posts by bigloss75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GrillingNemo

I spent way too much on dvd shopping this year it definitely is ridiculous...at least I was returned the favor! my sister bought me How I Met Your Mother and The Office....hope she got a good deal for them..theyre my faves

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 09:01 PM
GrillingNemo is currently offline Click here to Send GrillingNemo a Private Message Find more posts by GrillingNemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

What really sucks is the seasons that are coming out, because of the writers strike don't have many episodes in them. But yet we are paying what we paid for a full season.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2008 08:23 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

back before christmas, around october, i saw the house boxset for €30. looked good, but i didn't buy it on the spot...

went back in early december and the price had jumped to €70. robbing so and so's...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 09:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some DVD sets when they first come out are nice fold out editions/cases, and then down the line they release the same box sets again but not in fold out form. I've noticed that with Battlestar Galactica here in the UK. I bought the first Season and it's the first release edition, all the rest of the seasons are now seperate single cases in one box... and don't match with my first season, so looking around to try and find the foldout editions. sad

£50 for Doctor Who series 4!! I wouldn't pay that after seeing it all on television first... that's just me.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 07:24 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
idowhatiamtold

yea how I met your mother is really funny... Lifetime is showing reruns of it now...weird right? but if you are looking to save some money and not buy the seasons yet! Its gonna be on tonight and i think every monday night on there...heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWhOR3E6geM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 09:10 PM
idowhatiamtold is currently offline Click here to Send idowhatiamtold a Private Message Find more posts by idowhatiamtold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bigloss75
Have you people tried buying any tv on dvd for this christmas? the prices are a little too much..they're going up to like $40-50-60! not a fan..they need to go down!

"What do you mean, you people" big grin

Sometimes its wise to wait for things to go on sale..

You don't always have to buy something when it first comes out, wait a few months, prices go down and then buy it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 5th, 2009 10:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bigloss75
sorry if the phrase "you people" offended anyone in any way

I was just kidding.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 07:54 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote