KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Punisher outlandish wins?

Punisher outlandish wins?
Started by: RagingPanda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RagingPanda

Punisher outlandish wins?

Some people say Punisher has won fights he should have never won. I don't really see that as the case, can anyone bring up specific fights/issues he should have just gotten ANNIHILATED?

Old Post May 16th, 2009 07:38 PM
RagingPanda is currently offline Click here to Send RagingPanda a Private Message Find more posts by RagingPanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

This topic doesn't belong in a vs forum. And I have no problem with Frank beating anyone with a prep. But all Ennis books are bs when they show other heros.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 08:33 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Re: Punisher outlandish wins?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RagingPanda
Some people say Punisher has won fights he should have never won. I don't really see that as the case, can anyone bring up specific fights/issues he should have just gotten ANNIHILATED?

In the storyline he fought against Spidey, Daredevil and Wolverine, yet beat them. It was one of the worst comics written....

He defeated Spidey by making him step on a fake landmine. What about his spider sense???? That always annoys me.....

And don't get me started on the Punisher kills the MU.......

Old Post May 16th, 2009 09:00 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Re: Punisher outlandish wins?

Originally posted by willRules
He defeated Spidey by making him step on a fake landmine. What about his spider sense???? That always annoys me.....

If it was a fake land mine it wouldn't even be dangerous.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 16th, 2009 09:37 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Re: Re: Re: Punisher outlandish wins?

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If it was a fake land mine it wouldn't even be dangerous.

My point exactly!!!! yes His spider-sense warns him how to avoid danger. It should be frantic if it was a real mine and not going off at all if it's fake. Poor, poor writing......

Old Post May 16th, 2009 10:18 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

There is no way in hell Frank should be choking out Tigershark either. Horrible.

By Stoic

Old Post May 17th, 2009 12:42 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingPanda

He beat Spider-man in a straight out fight? and Wolverine?

Old Post May 17th, 2009 01:02 AM
RagingPanda is currently offline Click here to Send RagingPanda a Private Message Find more posts by RagingPanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by tkitna
There is no way in hell Frank should be choking out Tigershark either. Horrible.

Yeah, TS is a guy who fights Namor for craps sake.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 17th, 2009 01:15 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by Scoobless
Yeah, TS is a guy who fights Namor for craps sake.
Sarcasm?

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 02:01 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Re: Re: Punisher outlandish wins?

Originally posted by willRules
In the storyline he fought against Spidey, Daredevil and Wolverine, yet beat them. It was one of the worst comics written....

And don't get me started on the Punisher kills the MU.......

cosigned.

or the time recently when he choked out tiger shark with a metal chain. What worses is he over power tiger shark under water first lol.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 03:26 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

You guys are missing the point of Ennis' work if you think those are "outlandish."

He just has a different view of how the Punisher works then you do.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 06:38 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by tjcoady
You guys are missing the point of Ennis' work if you think those are "outlandish."

He just has a different view of how the Punisher works then you do.

Ennis would make Frank stop The Juggernaut.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 17th, 2009 06:46 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Ennis would make Frank stop The Juggernaut.

Yeah, but the Ennis "Punisher" book was all about taking this insane killer and making the threat level more and more ridiculous. It's not about "power levels" and "continuity" and "canon" and that's what made it a fun book. Nitpicking ruins it, and is just kind of stupid- doing that is just a different kind of illiteracy.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 06:50 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by RagingPanda
He beat Spider-man in a straight out fight? and Wolverine?

He had prep (in the form of an aggravated Bruce Banner) and some booby traps. But the issue was- the booby traps were soooo stupid and ignored the character's superpowers, it was ridiculous.

I take consolation in the fact that in Wolverine's own comic, around the same time, he fought Punisher and the fight ended with the implication Frank was a homosexual. It was part of a supposed writing feud between the writers of Punisher and of Wolverine.

Old Post May 17th, 2009 12:01 PM
steverules_2

I remember when wolverine and frank fought and punisher kicked logan in the nuts and blew his face off...the issue where the drwaf guy was cutting off peoples legs, I remember when me and you were looking at it and found it quite humerous

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 17th, 2009 12:18 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by steverules_2
I remember when wolverine and frank fought and punisher kicked logan in the nuts and blew his face off...the issue where the drwaf guy was cutting off peoples legs, I remember when me and you were looking at it and found it quite humerous

Yeah, that was a weird story......

Old Post May 17th, 2009 02:57 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by kgkg
Sarcasm?

Sheldon?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 17th, 2009 05:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by tjcoady
Yeah, but the Ennis "Punisher" book was all about taking this insane killer and making the threat level more and more ridiculous. It's not about "power levels" and "continuity" and "canon" and that's what made it a fun book. Nitpicking ruins it, and is just kind of stupid- doing that is just a different kind of illiteracy.

How is your opinion on what makes comics fun to read of any relevance in this thread? A thread where we're trying to establish a list of fights that the Punisher should not have won. While Ennis might think that the book is much better if Frank kills Thor and the Surfer doesn't mean he's really capable of doing so.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 17th, 2009 07:06 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

BUT IT'S FUN.

COMICS ARE MEANT TO BE FUN.

IT'S STILL REAL FOR ME, DAMN IT!

Old Post May 17th, 2009 08:58 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
How is your opinion on what makes comics fun to read of any relevance in this thread? A thread where we're trying to establish a list of fights that the Punisher should not have won. While Ennis might think that the book is much better if Frank kills Thor and the Surfer doesn't mean he's really capable of doing so.

Because the Punisher should be able to beat whoever the writer wants him to.

Old Post May 18th, 2009 02:32 AM