KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Glitches in the Movie?????

Glitches in the Movie?????
Started by: justaguy451

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
justaguy451

Glitches in the Movie?????

Did anyone find glitches in the movie like the car in the shire?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2003 11:58 PM
justaguy451 is currently offline Click here to Send justaguy451 a Private Message Find more posts by justaguy451 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

no..probably because the quality of the view is so bad i can't notice any. But i did find some ideological ones. I don't remember sauron's little (big) bomb thinggie in the books (but i read them some time ago..so maybe that's why. Cuz if it's so...evolving to cannons and guns would be imminent if you have gun powder.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 03:55 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

I don't remember the bombs eighter.pretty sure it was PJ ideea.....

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 04:42 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

hehe
it wasn't in the book, I am almost 100% sure, in the book it is done in another way and if I am not mistaken with a lot less show
this way was just a bit bigger and all
I don't think it's bad or something tho

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 05:05 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

the explosion is spectacular...but as i said....developments like heavy artillery are imminent smile

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 05:10 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

a almost can imagine Aragorn,on top of Helm's Deep with a M4(weapon,machine-gun)and killing orcs.big grin

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 05:51 PM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

About the car that supposedly passes by on the background, i keep looking for it but cant find it, did they edit it out on the dvd? can someone tell me in whats scene it comes out exactly.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 06:16 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justaguy451

iy is in the scene where sam says if i take on step further it will be the farthest away from home ive ever been it is in the far right side zoom in (if you can)

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 06:22 PM
justaguy451 is currently offline Click here to Send justaguy451 a Private Message Find more posts by justaguy451 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

i'll plug the bootleg right now

Old Post Jan 11th, 2003 08:30 PM
hypnopoison

I just finished reading the second book before the movie came out. Those explosive ball things weren't in it. I'm sure that the explosion did occur but it was Sauraman doing it from Isengard with his magic.

I understand that certain scenes had to be shortened or cut out as they were not really relevant to the continuation of the journey of the ring but why put in things that never happened??? Like Frodo and the nazgul in the city. They never went to the city. Aragorn never fell off a cliff. The elves didn't go to help them at Helm's Deep. Faramir came across as being quite awful and very similar to his brother but in the book he rose above the temptation of the ring with little trouble. Things like that.

Some people might say it makes the story more interesting for people who haven't read the books but I thought the way it was written was good enough.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 03:02 PM
hypnopoison is currently offline Click here to Send hypnopoison a Private Message Find more posts by hypnopoison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

yeah, but I'm sure PJ had his reasons film-wise. I agreed with the faramir-thing though..that kinda pissed me off

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 03:18 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

yeah...me too. I don't recall aragorn's 'death' either. The bomb thing was hilarious (though spectacular). theoden (and pack) marching that helm's deep gate spreading orcs all around almost without moving their swords. I found similarities with bowling. smile
But gollum was just great. Just saw a short making of, today...

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 05:49 PM
glorfindel

Hi all
faramir was portrayed well out of character and that got up my nose as well mad
as for the bombs, didn,t it say in the book "they have crept in the culvert again, while we talked, and they have lit the fire of orthanc beneath our feet."(page 169 hems deep the two towers).
so on that point I think the film is spot on. smokin'
most other points are so far off i struggled with it.the film is v good but i feel that a lot of people will think that is the books story and will never read it for themselves and THAT IS VERY SAD. sad

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 06:25 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

saruman used magic to blow up the wall in the books, not explosives

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 07:10 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

which book ?what page? please quote.
he did use magic in the cartoon version that is true.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 07:17 PM
glorfindel is currently offline Click here to Send glorfindel a Private Message Find more posts by glorfindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

are we to understand that 'the fire of orthanc' is gun powder?
wich book and what page doesn it says that it is so.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 08:35 PM
Fitch
Free

I also don't remember gun powder.....weird.I'll read that fragment again.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2003 10:32 PM
finti

In the book it was magic not explosive that blew up the wall.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 09:01 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
glorfindel

did didn,t did didn,t zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sick

O.K. it did not say gunpowder in the book,it calls it"the fire of orthanc"
which is middle earth talk for some kind of exsplosive
It could have been magic but the quote from the book does seem to be quite clear to me.
maybe sauraman deveoped an exsplosive charge of sometype.if so arogorn would not have seen or heared of it before and would not have a name (gunpowder) for it, would he?
smokin'

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 08:16 PM
glorfindel

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
are we to understand that 'the fire of orthanc' is gun powder?
wich book and what page doesn it says that it is so.

plase read y last but one post for your answer. where does it say he used agic???????
smokin'

Old Post Jan 13th, 2003 08:17 PM