KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Earth Hour

Will you be turning off your light?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 33.33%
No 7 58.33%
What is a light? (I have no idea) 1 8.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Earth Hour
Started by: Shakyamunison

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Question Earth Hour

http://www.myearthhour.org/

I will not be turning off my lights. Sorry, but I find this kind of thing to be silly. I do what I can to conserve. I recycle and op-in on using alternative energy, which cost me more on my bill. I will not sit in the dark for an hour, with the false belief that somehow I am making a difference.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 04:29 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

well my water was shut off for the day, does that count?

at least it will be off till noon.. stupid late payments.. erm

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 04:40 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

We only have a light on in the room we are in... and in the evening, if no one is reading, we put the weaker light on with an 'energy saving' bulb in.

No one where I live did Earth Hour last year as far as I could tell. Saw all sorts of lights on.

No, will not be taking part in it. Though the light is sometimes off anyway when watching television, so it might be off in that hour, whoooooooooooooo knows.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 06:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Nope, totally pointless token event, a drop in the ocean.

Put a 10 KM square solar panel array in death valley or some other desert and there will be no need for any other power source.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 06:18 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Fck no! I'm with you Shak....

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 06:19 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Nope, totally pointless token event, a drop in the ocean.

Put a 10 KM square solar panel array in death valley or some other desert and there will be no need for any other power source.

Even at the golden 80% efficiency, that doesn't even come close to fulfilling the needs of electricity for America.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 06:24 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by dadudemon
Even at the golden 80% efficiency, that doesn't even come close to fulfilling the needs of electricity for America.

And even then you would need superconducting wires to move the energy around for everyone. People that really want a solar revolution need to look toward getting a lot of people interested in personal energy independence.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 07:20 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
personal energy independence.

excuse me, that is why the government exists, to solve all the problems we ever have

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 07:24 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by inimalist
excuse me, that is why the government exists, to solve all the problems we ever have

Then let the government turn off the lights for an hour. Oh wait, I should give Obama any ideas.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 07:31 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Indeed. All glory to the government!

From that side you could support a mandate for all households to be able to produce a certain amount of power for a certain amount of time. Or as has been mentioned in other threads, demand a return to nuclear power.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 07:34 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

my water is back on yeh earth day is over for me.

Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 08:02 PM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Isn't my 6 1/2 - 7 hours of darkness, enough? Do they just want me to sleep an extra hour?

TGFwashere

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 08:03 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Mairuzu
Isn't my 6 1/2 - 7 hours of darkness, enough? Do they just want me to sleep an extra hour?

No, you have to be awake, straight and waving a green flag. laughing

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 08:34 PM
Ultraviolence
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Earth Hour

Originally posted by Shakyamunison

http://www.myearthhour.org/

I will not be turning off my lights. Sorry, but I find this kind of thing to be silly. I do what I can to conserve. I recycle and op-in on using alternative energy, which cost me more on my bill. I will not sit in the dark for an hour, with the false belief that somehow I am making a difference.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...91672891013193#

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 08:38 PM
Ultraviolence is currently offline Click here to Send Ultraviolence a Private Message Find more posts by Ultraviolence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Indeed. All glory to the government!

From that side you could support a mandate for all households to be able to produce a certain amount of power for a certain amount of time. Or as has been mentioned in other threads, demand a return to nuclear power.

it was a joke

if I see another rich leftist idiot say something like "the government should be taxing me more" I'm going to vomit

DO IT YOURSELF!

but no, like, the argument about environmentalism seems to be either a) don't do anything because it costs the government too much or b) screw the costs, the government needs to do something

think about how much might have been done if the effort and resources put into lobbying were put into hydrogen fuel stations along major highways so that alternative fuels might be viable? or other such things, like raising wind turbines on private property and selling the excess power back to the grid.

stupid egoistic activist idiots.....

/rant (sorry for the incoherence)

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 08:40 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Then let the government turn off the lights for an hour. Oh wait, I should give Obama any ideas.

why not wait for your parents to do it for you?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 08:41 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

why not wait for your parents to do it for you?

Both of my parents are dead.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 08:42 PM
tsilamini

Both of my parents are dead.

how would you ever survive without the government then?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 09:05 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

how would you ever survive without the government then?

I'm just waiting for daddy Obama to take care of me.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 09:10 PM
fini
Hurricane stalker

I turned of mines, had wine, and sat with my dogs. Who cares if no one else ( in my area) did it.
If I had some company it would have been cool. In fact I would still be out there in the darkness under candle lght.

Thank you god for the blessing me with Chanel.
She is back with you now, so take care of her

Old Post Mar 28th, 2010 02:23 AM
fini is currently offline Click here to Send fini a Private Message Find more posts by fini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote