KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Metallica VS Megadeth

Metallica VS Megadeth
Started by: Hydrokronic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Hydrokronic
Greaser Camel from Hell

Metallica VS Megadeth

Who would win in a battle of the bands competition, I think Megadeth would win cause they for 1 sound a lot better, and 2 metallica are sell outs, all they wanna do is become famous and sound like shit, all they care about is the money not the true meaning to playing music, megadeth should be #1 and those sell outs metallica should be in hell, not to mention the original singer who started metallica got kicked out of his own band in the first place, metallica are nothing without megadeth.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 12:39 PM
Hydrokronic is currently offline Click here to Send Hydrokronic a Private Message Find more posts by Hydrokronic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
room #99
lick my biceps

I dont think they want to become famous.THEY ARE FAMOUS ENOUGH!

and who is that original singer you are talking about ? ive allways known hetfield being the singer for metallica and dave mustaine was the guitar player! and he got kicked out because he was a drunk.

But i have to say megadeth lasted to be the better band! thier latest albums are much better then metallicas latest albums,but if we are going to compare the bands since the start Metallica will own megadeth simply because of MASTER OF PUPPETS AND RIDE THE LIGHTNING

Dave mustaine is a better rythemist then james hetfield but a worse vocalist

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:28 PM
room #99 is currently offline Click here to Send room #99 a Private Message Find more posts by room #99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blind-Enemy
Lures of the syren

quote:
Originally posted by Hydrokronic not to mention the original singer who started metallica got kicked out of his own band in the first place, metallica are nothing without megadeth.

first , you need a serious metal history lesson before you post anything...

quote:
Originally posted by room #99Metallica will own megadeth simply because of MASTER OF PUPPETS AND RIDE THE LIGHTNING

true, but what about RUST IN PEACE , i know is only one album but it stand tall again those two

quote:
Originally posted by room #99Dave mustaine is a better rythemist then james hetfield but a worse vocalist

i have ages saying that , but most of my friends are too stupid to realisemad ... Mustaine riffs are more complex and better crafted

Ashes

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:43 PM
Blind-Enemy is currently offline Click here to Send Blind-Enemy a Private Message Find more posts by Blind-Enemy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Dave mustaine is a better rythemist then james hetfield but a worse vocalist"

It's rhythm guitarist, not rythemist, or whatever that was.

Hahaha....and you claim to know about guitarists. Mustaine is nowhere near the level of James Hetfield, no rhythm guitarist is.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:41 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

i like more megadeth songs..metallica are great too but i have to say megadeth

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:27 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
room #99
lick my biceps

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"Dave mustaine is a better rythemist then james hetfield but a worse vocalist"

It's rhythm guitarist, not rythemist, or whatever that was.

Hahaha....and you claim to know about guitarists. Mustaine is nowhere near the level of James Hetfield, no rhythm guitarist is.

-AC

What is exactly your problem ? do you just have to focus on stupid details to get noticed ? does it really matter if i said rhythmist ? does it change the meaning of what i said ? NO. and yes i know about guitarists CUZ i know dave is a better player then james.Any metallica/Megadeth fan knows that, and if you think otherwsie i will just know that you never really listend to Megadeth! or that you cant tell who's really better, or that you have a different opinion (----- which in this case i dont give a shit about your opinion.

Still Metallica is overall the better band!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:48 PM
room #99 is currently offline Click here to Send room #99 a Private Message Find more posts by room #99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Metallica #1 all the way

Fave Albums and "Releases" (In order)

1. Load/Reload (1 big album in my opinion)
2. Master of Puppets
3. ...And Justice for All
4. Ride the Lightning
5. Kill'em All
6. Metallica
7. Binge and Purge
8. Garage Inc.
9. S&M
10. Garage days
11. St. Anger

Megadeth

1. Youthanasia
2. Rust in Peice
3. Peice Sells
4. System has Failed
5. Countdown to Extinction
6. Risk
7. Rude awakening
8. Cryptic Writings
9. Killing is my Buisness
10. The world needs a Hero
I don't KNow. Megadeth has some great shit, but I think Metallica has more Great shit. They are hell lot more fun to see live, not like Megadeth that just stands there while playing. I think Dave Ellefson, though probably a really cool guy, is the biggest pussy on the Bass guitar, and major "YES SIR" to Dave Mustaine. Though Kirk Hammett is a little like that, but at least he has more personality and is not such a dweeby nerd as Ellefoson. Sure Mustaine is Better at guitar, but I don't care and that is where my opinion lies.

Metallica has been more of a band, and have basically stuck together.
All of them have contributed.

Megadeth is Like, 1 guy. Sure, Friedmen, Menza, Gar, Poland, Degrasso, and them other cats have contributed. But at the end of the day its all about Dave Mustaine, and if you don't like it then your out of the band. And that is just Gay to me. Sure that is the same to what happened between Newsted and Hetfield, but c'mon, Mustaine is ridicoules about that shit.

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 06:12 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:08 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's with all this "Mustaine is better on guitar" stuff?

He's not better than Kirk and certainly not better than James.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:10 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
room #99
lick my biceps

quote:

-AC

Because he is better on guitar roll eyes (sarcastic)

though i like kirks playing more then Dave's, Dave handles the guitar better!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:19 PM
OB1-adobe

Metallica has way more memorable songs. And they are very causious about their albums not sounding all the same and I like that. Regardless who is the better muscian. Though I think Metallica has had way better Bass players.

2 songs on Youthanasia start out like exactly the same, "youthansaia" and "Black Curtains"

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:20 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mustaine is not a better guitarist that Kirk.

To say he's better than James is laughable. Hilarious and possibly gutbustingly funny.

Besides, they're two different guitarists and Mustaine plays one style.

Mustaine could never play the stuff Hetfield plays. Battery, Master of Puppets, Blackened, Disposable Heroes. Nobody could make rhythm like that besides him. More to the point, the reason why James is better is because he came UP with that music. Regardless of whether Mustaine could play it or not, he could never come up with it.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:25 PM
room #99
lick my biceps

Ya metallica had the betterr albums, but in later years in my opinion megadeth had better albums.

the system has faild is easily better than St.anger in every way! and who says otherwise in my opinion is unbelieveably clueless

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:26 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"the system has faild is easily better than St.anger in every way! and who says otherwise in my opinion is unbelieveably clueless"

Yeah but Master of Puppets is better than any Megadeth album. Kinda balances out.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:38 PM
room #99
lick my biceps

quote:
"the system has faild is easily better than St.anger in every way! and who says otherwise in my opinion is unbelieveably clueless"

Yeah but Master of Puppets is better than any Megadeth album. Kinda balances out.

-AC

i think you can see i have said that master of puppets is the best album if you read what i said!

It seems your out of things to say,Because i was comparing the system has faild and St.anger as being the two bands latest albums and latest forms of sound,and yet you had to bring up master of puppets which was not in comparisson here! Since its an old metallica.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:50 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wasn't attacking you. I was just saying in relation to your comment.

Chill out.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 06:59 PM
Korri

Can i just say what pointless jibberish this thread is built on...

Firstly, Megadeth would not exsist if it wasnt for Metallica... Maybe if Dave Mustaine hadnt been such a f.uckwhit to begin with then he may have still been in the band, to be quite honest its probably best that he was kicked out...he was a violent drunk and needed a boot up the arse to get himself sorted out. So all this bitterness that Mustaine has been dwelling on for the past 20 years is all down to one person....himself.

Megadeth are an ok band in his defense, he is a good guitariast and i have been to see them before, they put on a good show but his attitude towards Metallica is so pathetic.

Maybe if he would shut the f*ck up and stop moaning about the past he would actually get somewhere.

oh and room #99, its you that seems to have the problem not AC, he is only airing a point of view and just because you dont agree with what he is saying doesnt mean that you have the right to loos the place with him.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:16 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blind-Enemy
Lures of the syren

quote:

-AC

there's no doubt about that ... Dave Mustaine's leads sucks!

quote:
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Though I think Metallica has had way better Bass players.

that's true , but if go that way Megadeth always had a better drummer, but i dont think that's the question in here

quote:
Mustaine is not a better guitarist that Kirk.

To say he's better than James is laughable. Hilarious and possibly gutbustingly funny.

Besides, they're two different guitarists and Mustaine plays one style.

Mustaine could never play the stuff Hetfield plays. Battery, Master of Puppets, Blackened, Disposable Heroes. Nobody could make rhythm like that besides him. More to the point, the reason why James is better is because he came UP with that music. Regardless of whether Mustaine could play it or not, he could never come up with it.
-AC

early Metallica and Megadeth shared alot of similarites on their style of playing ... plus Mustaine did write alot of songs of Kill em' All , Metallica stole the Four Horseman from him , that's not secret about it.

Hetfield's riffs tend are more chatchy and with better hooks , while Mustaine's are more complex and maybe not every body seems to like them.

i have a Metalllica tribute CD , where Megadeth plays Battery , and they did perfectly , flawless ...though is not the same as the original , i know , but the production on the Megadeth version was better hence it sounded better wink

Ashes

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:29 PM
Blind-Enemy is currently offline Click here to Send Blind-Enemy a Private Message Find more posts by Blind-Enemy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blind-Enemy
Lures of the syren

quote:
Originally posted by Korri
Megadeth are an ok band in his defense, he is a good guitariast and i have been to see them before, they put on a good show but his attitude towards Metallica is so pathetic.

Maybe if he would shut the f*ck up and stop moaning about the past he would actually get somewhere.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Attachment: metallica_mustaine05.jpg
This has been downloaded 176 time(s).

Ashes

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:33 PM
room #99
lick my biceps

quote:
Originally posted by Korri

Firstly, Megadeth would not exsist if it wasnt for Metallica... Maybe if Dave Mustaine hadnt been such a f.uckwhit to begin with then he may have still been in the band, to be quite honest its probably best that he was kicked out...he was a violent drunk and needed a boot up the arse to get himself sorted out. So all this bitterness that Mustaine has been dwelling on for the past 20 years is all down to one person....himself.

oh and room #99, its you that seems to have the problem not AC, he is only airing a point of view and just because you dont agree with what he is saying doesnt mean that you have the right to loos the place with him.

Well he is the one who quoted me first.. i was minding my own bussines just so you know. Then i had to reply and i guess he didnt like i that fact that the peoplle who posted on this thread agreed that Dave is a better guitar player. does not matter anyway it is his opinion.

and another thing this thread is not about hate Daves hate for metallica,we all know he hates them and that is stupid and i hate the that he whines about that.

This is about the better band,Which is Metallica,But The better RYTEHM GUITARIST ( did i type it right alpha ? ) is without a doube Dave Mustaine!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:37 PM
OB1-adobe

If this whole debate is comparing the 2 based on their last albums, that is pretty pathetic.

You need to look at the whole picture.

Besides, Megadeth is basically broken up now

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:43 PM