KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Weakest Character to beat Power Gem Thanos

Weakest Character to beat Power Gem Thanos
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Weakest Character to beat Power Gem Thanos

Who is the weakest character that can beat Thanos when he weakened himself to only using the power gem during the Infinity Gauntlet? And what majority would he/she take?

(please log in to view the image)

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 06:14 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

silver surfer, just flying from thanos' blind spot. he takes the gauntlet and then uses it on thanos

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 06:17 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Galactus imo

Mephisto tried to take the gauntlet of his hand and failed

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 06:22 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

WF Mxy

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 06:23 AM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Odin

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 06:26 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I was wondering...Adam had the abstracts at the ready when the heroes were fighting...You'd think he would have deployed them while Thanos was weakened or something.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 06:31 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
I was wondering...Adam had the abstracts at the ready when the heroes were fighting...You'd think he would have deployed them while Thanos was weakened or something.

When was Thanos weakened?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 06:46 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Originally posted by carver9
When was Thanos weakened?
when he depowered himself

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 06:49 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Nihilist
when he depowered himself

I wouldn't call that weakened since he used the best gem out of the bunch which made him completely invulnerable. If the abstracts would have attacked, they probably would have failed at dropping him which would have resulted in him powering up.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:00 AM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Well compare it. With the IG going full strength he basically no sold all of the abstracts firing on him together. With the PG he was sent flying by hulk and drax.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:18 AM
Stoic
Avenger

Galactus imo

Well this is where we have to disagree. Ha ha funny this time I'm repping Thanos, and you aren't. You losing your touch man? Thanos would kill Galactus IMO if he had possession of the Power gem. His blasts, TP, stength and any other offensive natural weapon would be increased by the amount that he willed himself to be. I mean without CIS or plot to nerf the true potential of what that gem is supposed to grant it's user Galactus would be beaten down nearly as bad as when Krona asked him the question.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:19 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

I wouldn't call that weakened since he used the best gem out of the bunch which made him completely invulnerable. If the abstracts would have attacked, they probably would have failed at dropping him which would have resulted in him powering up.
of course it made he weaker, it made him far Less powerful than when he faced the abstracts.

Thanos confirmed he greatly geared down his power lvls when talking to Captain America in Infinity War

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:22 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Galactus imo

only cause thanos tricked him. he didn't lower his senses or power, on the contrary he expanded them thanks to mephisto.

to paraphrase: (upon seeing the cosmics [I will myself back to full power].

Last edited by psycho gundam on Aug 7th, 2012 at 07:27 AM

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:24 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by psycho gundam
only cause thanos tricked him. he didn't lower his senses or power, on the contrary he expanded them thanks to mephisto.

to paraphrase: (upon seeing the cosmics [I will myself back to full power].

I thought Thanos toned it down drastically to put on a show for Mistress D? I mean before he did this and had full power of the gauntlet, didn't he kill Gladiator, and was clutching the Hulk by the throat as he too died? It was in a Silver Surfer comic I believe.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:28 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Stoic
I thought Thanos toned it down drastically to put on a show for Mistress D? I mean before he did this and had full power of the gauntlet, didn't he kill Gladiator, and was clutching the Hulk by the throat as he too died? It was in a Silver Surfer comic I believe.
the first part was from a silver surfer tie-in where mephisto tried to trick thanos into touching every mind in the universe in order to steal the gauntlet from his "mindless" body. he thought he was successful but then the gauntlet appeared to be acting on it's own and started chocking him and thanos revealed that he was on to him from the start

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:31 AM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Galactus imo

You're taking that out of context. There is also a big power gap between Galactus and Mephisto outsaide of his realm.
Well, Adam didn't want to kill all the heroes...
He was weakened. At least from the power of the full IG.

I'd say Odin could come close, but no do it. Probably someone a little above Odin would be able to take it from him. RKT mabye?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 04:17 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Well compare it. With the IG going full strength he basically no sold all of the abstracts firing on him together. With the PG he was sent flying by hulk and drax.

That still doesn't take away from what I said though.

I also feel safe at saying that him withstanding attacks from those abstracts had a lot to do with the PG. None of the other gems makes you completely invulnerable.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 04:21 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I also feel safe at saying that him withstanding attacks from those abstracts had a lot to do with the PG. None of the other gems makes you completely invulnerable.

According to the way that the gems work alone, and in tandem, this is correct.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:08 PM
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

No, but they give you many abilities that the power gem does not. If it weren't for the time gem, Kronos would have just BFR'd Thanos to 10 million BC.

If it weren't for the reality gem, they could have just warped him out of existence.

If it weren't for the mind gem, I'm sure between the (what 12, was it?) abstracts attacking him, he would have been mindraped.

The power gem helped against the heroes, as they used mostly physical attacks. When fighting abstracts, as has been stated many times, you have to fight battles on much more than the physical plane.

So no, Thanos didn't choose the "best gem". Just the one that best fit his circumstances.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:27 PM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

You're right that wasn't a good comparison by me.

The abstracts attack in a lot more than physical power though. Mistress love, sire hate, and abstract entities were trying very powerful methods that had little to do with physical durability. Without the gauntlet having him at full power the PG alone wouldn't have been enough in my opinion.

-Abhi Killer- X2

Old Post Aug 7th, 2012 07:32 PM