KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI- Pre-start thread

USH'S STAR WARS GAME CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI- Pre-start thread
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI- Pre-start thread

The new game should be starting next week.

I have the opener all typed and ready for the Light Side, and as a preview, I shall post it below.

However, I need the Dark Siders to answer a question for me before I can type their one! We shall discuss it below.

This is a discussion rather than RP thread, to be clear.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 05:48 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Coruscant Orbit

The camera pans across a great swathe of space traffic around Coruscant, perhaps the busiest 'airspace' in the galaxy. Ships of all sizes and descriptions flow, glide or lumber past. The point of view moves closer into the planet, where we see many of the fixed installations that exist in close orbit- communications satellites, defence installations, hyperspace modules for Jedi starfighters...

Then one larger installation comes into view- s space station, large and modern looking, foreboding and grey, and with very few windows. A large shuttle coming up from the surface has just docked with it. The camera pans in to the arrival area- one of the view places with an outside view- but says in space, so we see but not hear what is going on inside.

Descending out from the shuttle are all of you- Roan and the Jedi, Xeth and the Renegades; all with a mixture of stern and curious looks. Coming to great you is a man in a neat white uniform, who offers his had to Roan and you start to talk. The man, despite his polite gesture, does not seem happy. The camera pans along as you walk, and as it heads into an office- with many certificates on the walls- now we can only see the man you are talking to as he gets increasingly frustrated. Eventually, though, things seem to move on. All of you move off together, deeper into the station.

We see in sparse windows how you walk through the complex, continuing to look around in curiosity. Every so often, you come to a giant metal bulkhead, which is only opened after a number of actions are taken by the man in the white uniform. You do not meet anyone else on your journey.

Eventually, you come to your destination- but you do not enter it. You stand outside the room you have come to, where a large observation window affords a look inside. The window is slightly less than transparent, as the material is extremely thick and toughened to withstand damage. Inside, all there seems to be is gloom- and the silhouette of a being on the ground.

The camera finally pans in through a small window and the man in the white uniform can be heard.

“... has no choice in the matter; if I activate the link he can hear us and we him. But he cannot see us from his side until I activate that feature for him also.” He pushes a button and speaks into a microphone. “Now, listen to me. You have...”

“I have visitors,” comes a soft voice from inside. It sounds cultured and well-spoken, yet there is an edge on it that it hard to define, and seems to unsettle the listener.”

“What makes you think that?”

“I know.”

“Come now, we've talked about this before. You can do better than that. You've never talked about visitors before.”

“It's never been the right time before. I've been waiting. Hello Roan, hello Xeth. I am looking forward to meeting all your new friends.”

The two named Jedi exchange uneasy glances.

“Now listen to me. You must not exhibit...”

“Talking of disappointments, how can you not have thought I would know this? I see many things, and one advantage of being locked in a room I cannot leave is that one becomes marvellously focussed on what is going to come. Any tiny change echoes through causality. You really thought I wouldn't know? I didn't expect you to to know my other two reasons, but that you should have known. I'd express disappointment but your incompetence is terribly predictable.”

“Cease that behaviour at once! I am not here to argue with you!”

“No, but you did not want to be here at all, and finally I have someone worth talking to, and I am sure they are keen. You see, my second reason for knowing was simple logic, which I knew you would have trouble with. It was always going to be this way. Something has changed, and now the activities of Kuylen in the days before Avalar have stopped being an idle curiosity and started to become a vital matter. And I know why.”

“These people...”

Syphar n Kalar!” the silhouette exclaims- have shout, half snarl. He starts to laugh. “Yes., Your reactions tell me all I need to know. The third reason then.”

A beep sounds as the electronic clock, one of the few things in the room inside, strikes the hour.

“It is time...

“Listen to me!”

“Let me see. I should see as well as feel you, if you want me to speak.”

“Whether you speak or not...”

“... is ultimately down to me, and I wish to see. There can be no harm in that.”

“Very well..” says the man, irritably, and presses another control. In a flash, the silhouette stands and reaches a hand forwards in the Grip stance, causing a number of the Jedi to reach for their sabres- or maybe even activate depending on your mood- and for the man in the white uniform to give a shriek and jerk back. But the silhouette is just laughing.

“Oh, too easy, doctor. As if I would waste my time killing a wretch like you. Such a tiny moment of pleasure as opposed to the problems it would cause me....”

The silhouette takes a step forwards.

“Adelmo is back. You need my help. I am willing to give it to you... on my terms.”

“You will get no terms! Do you really think we would release you just because...”

Release me? Oh doctor, you really are entirely bereft of imagination. You think I would ask for anything so tedious? Do you really think I even care? Do you think I need to trick you into letting me do you harm? Do you not understand? You really think this place can hold me? That anything can? I am patient. I have stayed here waiting for this time to come. And now it has.”

The silhouette finally steps forwards towards the glass, his tall form becoming visible as he does so. You can see his smile.

“Time for you to get to know me then. I am Alik Saar. Come play my game.”

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 05:48 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Now, as for the Dark Siders...

You guys start on Epireus and, no, Adelmo has not turned up again to ask for a favour, Actually, all has gone quiet on the Adelmo front of late.

In fact, the game will start with you guys going about your lives on Epireus. I want you guys to tell me... what do you think you might be doing on a typical Epirean day? If too many people are committed in one area, I'll start asking people for their second choices etc.

I have plenty of idea sin mind of what you are doing, and one or two mandatory ones, but I'll let you submit open ideas at first.

BtVS

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 05:50 PM
Peach
mordrem

Rianna's pretty easy there. Antagonizing Rand, practicing with her saber, going off to kill Epireans sometimes...maybe looking into SnK stuff depending on what the stuff we got from that crystal is.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 06:09 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Gallador will either:

1. Be meeting with one of the Epirean tribe leaders he is trying to influence (by the way you didn`t answer my PM question if he can arrange meeting with Ogros, maybe not now, hmm?).

2. Talking to Eller Jey, since he is trying to get her more open about herself (maybe there are parallels between her decision to side with Adelmo and Gallador leaving the Order? Though I remember that she seemed to have zero interest in Jedi, which is a pity, maybe Gallador will just try being nice and listening to her).

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Last edited by Lord Melkor on Feb 24th, 2012 at 06:19 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 06:15 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Good old Saar...

Galder will most likely be out on the mountainside or down below it, working with Trogan and Fitra on their fighting abilities and lauding them for their efforts on Selene. Any other Epireans present he can be training (or trying to).

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 06:56 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Rand will be in the lounge, meditating over a glass of wine and reading the old Sith tablet they procured from the Ghost Citadel, as he is prone to doing. He is normally there, learning, though recently he has been going on brief jogs about the mountain in order to build up his strength and his speed.

(That still gives us a bonus, right?)

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 06:59 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HereticalDruid

Azarl will be in the workshop, repairing any damage that J7 sustained that still needs examination. I assume that we have a worskhop. If not, he is in the hangar, tending to his ship.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:01 PM
HereticalDruid is currently offline Click here to Send HereticalDruid a Private Message Find more posts by HereticalDruid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dak will be practicing his newly-learned saber forms in the base's improvised training room with its smashed furniture.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:05 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier has been learning with the Seer, he has also been very thankful she has helped him. During their time together he has also been trying to be friendlier without trying to crowd her.

When on his own, he has been meditating to help open his mind up to the force, and working on anatomy and medicine.

He also has brought in his new overclocked hover cart, and begins tinkering with it. His goal is to supe it up to become a very fast hover board stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:26 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Yeah. Trying to be friendlier, sure...stick out tongue

Rianna's also been working with the Force more lately, trying to improve more with that, but she'll be keeping quiet about that with everyone else - a lot of her disappearing to hunt down Epireans is a cover for being away from everyone else so she can work without Rand or Gallador knowing what she's up to.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:31 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach

Rianna's also been working with the Force more lately, trying to improve more with that, but she'll be keeping quiet about that with everyone else - a lot of her disappearing to hunt down Epireans is a cover for being away from everyone else so she can work without Rand or Gallador knowing what she's up to.

I thought that the deal was that Gallador would help her a bit and she would teach him sabreless combat?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:36 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Lord Melkor
I thought that the deal was that Gallador would help her a bit and she would teach him sabreless combat?

That was actually more because originally I had been planning on increase Jedi Lore, for which Gallador would be very useful. But I then changed my mind and went with Lying for now.

She'll still teach him to duck, though stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:38 PM
Lord Melkor

That was actually more because originally I had been planning on increase Jedi Lore, for which Gallador would be very useful. But I then changed my mind and went with Lying for now.

She'll still teach him to duck, though stick out tongue

But Gallador is also very good at Lying! And I bet his Lying classes with Rianna would be hilarious big grin

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:40 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

shifty

Besides the hover board will be awesome if Xavier can get it going. I may take more pilot stuff just to be able to use it well stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 24th, 2012 07:41 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Oh geez, Saar has gone crazy.

Is this what you were saying contradicts Xavier's game?

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 06:55 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Most likely.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 07:14 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

How does that contradict with Xavier's game?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 07:23 PM
Lord Melkor

Originally posted by Newjak
How does that contradict with Xavier's game?

The part when Xavier was shown what happens with darksiders captured by Jedi, I think.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 07:25 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ah ok well yeah that's nothing big stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 07:49 PM