KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Heat vs Collateral which is the better Michael Mann film

Heat vs Collateral which is the better Michael Mann film
Started by: P-Geyser

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

Question Heat vs Collateral which is the better Michael Mann film

Finally got a blu ray player(YAY!) and yesterday I purchased both Heat and Collateral for blu ray at a good price at best buy. I was thinking both are great..set in L.A, great storytelling, both directed by the awesome Michael Mann.

I actually checked on other forums about this and too my suprise, many thought Heat was too long and that Collateral was nonstop suspense. I dont know. Heat has the legends of acting Deniro and Pacino appearing together for the first time on screen...ownage right there. In Collateral(I know many people don't like him)but Tom Cruise was pure ownage in my opinion in that film and Jamie Foxx was great. Michael Mann directed the sh!t out of both films in my opinion.

Just curious what is the better Michael Mann film to you guys?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 04:40 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Heat. No question. Although Collateral is pretty good. Heat has De Niro at the top of his game. Many classic scenes in that one.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 05:34 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-Geyser
Saraya-Jade Maniac

yeah the coffee shop scence was my fave I mean who didn't luv that scence?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 05:42 AM
P-Geyser is currently offline Click here to Send P-Geyser a Private Message Find more posts by P-Geyser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Deniro and Pacino.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 05:43 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Heat imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 05:45 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Didn't get to edit in time.

As much as I like both movies, I have to admit that I prefer his cut of Miami Vice to either movie. The difference between theatrical (which was just bad), and his cut is insanely huge, and it's in my top ten movies of all time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 06:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

Heat, by virtue of the winning combination of De Niro and Pacino. Cruise gives a better performance than either of them, but they're too strong together.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 06:07 AM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Val Kilmer made Heat what it was.

He's a legend.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 06:14 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ascendancy

Heat without question. Collateral kept the energy higher throughout the film and was great, but Heat was complete from beginning to end.

^Guess I'll have to check the director's cut of Miami Vice, because the theatrical version had a lot of letdown in the middle.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 02:51 PM
Ascendancy is currently offline Click here to Send Ascendancy a Private Message Find more posts by Ascendancy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

both films sucked badly.. i wanted my money back afterward.. lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 08:11 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Heat without question. Collateral kept the energy higher throughout the film and was great, but Heat was complete from beginning to end.

^Guess I'll have to check the director's cut of Miami Vice, because the theatrical version had a lot of letdown in the middle.

I remember seeing the theatrical cut in theatres, and how disappointed I was by it. That was why I was so blown away when I sat down and watched Mann's cut.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 1st, 2013 10:27 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Collateral all the way.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 02:57 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I love you Quan.

Like a man loves another man.

no homo

but a little homo

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 03:02 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Mindset
I love you Quan.

Like a man loves another man.

no homo

but a little homo
Vincent would kill every weak willed slack jawed goatee sportin prima donnas from Heat.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 03:08 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Heat was a much better film.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2013 03:58 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by the ninjak
Heat was a much better film.
Nah.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 05:49 AM
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Heat, hands down, no question. Collateral, although a very good movie, is weighed down by the crappy acting of Cruise and Fox. How is this even a question?

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 07:05 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Heat, hands down, no question. Collateral, although a very good movie, is weighed down by the crappy acting of Cruise and Fox. How is this even a question?
Cruise was the reason the movie was superb. Cruise's performance was better than either Pacino or Deniro.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2013 08:22 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Collateral is not even in the same league as Heat.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 07:49 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Myth
Collateral is not even in the same league as Heat.
I wholeheartedly agree. Collateral--major league.

Heat--Minor league.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2013 04:05 AM