KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Delta vs SAS

Delta vs SAS
Started by: Zaxaquar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zaxaquar

Cool Delta vs SAS

Please only list hard facts, then opinions. Make sure that you are still friendly during posts to prevent the thread from getting locked. This thread is being created to collect information for people to review and make their own conclusion. Please attempt to separate your opinion from the facts that your opinion is based off of to prevent confusion of fact and opinion. Thank you for participating.

I hope you all find this thread useful, entertaining, and good source of information.

(this information has been gathered by extensive research, and personal communication, as mentioned)

===========================================
I've talked to guys in the Rangers, SEALs, Delta Force, SWAT, Recon from the army (don't remember the devision), and Airborne.
British SAS and SBS, I don't know much about, I'm in the U.S. so I haven't communicated with any SAS or SBS. I don't know much about them. The Delta Force was STARTED by an American who WAS an SAS. He started SFOD-D and SFOD creates more tactics and more, trains harder and harder, they were started by an --->X<--- SAS who was an American. They were NOT trained BY the SAS. They occasionally participate in cross drills.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Delta Force is a unique unit, with approx 300 officers in it. The U.S. government officially denies their existence. The Delta Force commence covert ops which are range from under cover work, VIP assassination, illegal operations (dirty work of governments), political interference. Team elimination in some cases. They do it all. They specialize in SCUBA, HALO, HAHO, small to large unit warfare, woodland and CQB. Hostage recue of course.
Deltas are almost a match for SEALs in SCUBA, but SEALs dominate Delta in underwater operations, which aren't very common. Deltas dominate the SEALs on ALL land and air warfare.
Preparing to get in rangers (join the U.S. army, and hopefully get recruited by US-A-1stSFOD-D).

My opinion: I believe that the US-A-1stSFOD-Delta is slightly more skilled than the SAS. I believe this because the U.S. are war mongers and are at the top when it comes to the military. Including secret technology, high security technology, and advanced training, all the way to basic training and technology.

Take care everyone...
-Zaxraver

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 09:52 PM
Zaxaquar is currently offline Click here to Send Zaxaquar a Private Message Find more posts by Zaxaquar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Yeah really there is no "better" team, they all cross train and guess what, once again they all cross train there really is no better.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2006 10:18 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Each has their own specialties.

JTF2, SAS, Delta Force, SEALS, each has their own exceptional abilities and preferred forum of operations.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 12:40 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

in the end they'd probably blow each other into bits with the north korean pointing and laughing the whole time.

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 07:52 AM
bogen is currently offline Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

SAS isnt confined to military operations...they also are responsible for the security of visiting VIP's and it is them who plan routes for motorcades etc....so when you see tony blair walking around with a bunch of suits flanking him...they are not merely security services...they are SAS

in the first gulf war it was the SAS who were the first allied forces in and were responsible for the "scud hunter" mission. this was despite the fact that there was initially no formal communication with the USAF to send in air strikes after the SAS designated target...they improvised...and were successful

its estimated that combined with the US F-117 stealth...the SAS were responsible for the destruction of 80% of all designated military targets during desert storm

due to there work in iraq, Israel backed down from their threat to attack Iraq after a few missles were launched against them

i would say technologically that Delta Force would be superior but it terms of tactics and diversity of deployment...the SAS edge it

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 10:13 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Erebus
The End

Have any of you guys been in at least a basic infantry unit in the military? Do you guys even know how many members are in a SEAL team? What is the standard sidearm of the SAS? To the person who said "Delta force has 300 officers" where did you get that figure, especially for a unit that supposedly doesn't exist? And how do the best units of the British Royal Marines compare to the SAS?

I don't know all the answers myself (though I know some) and I was a force recon Marine in the early 80s.

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 11:02 AM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

techincally the SAS dont have standard issue weapons as many of them use their own prefered sidearms anyway

if you want to say they have standard issue gear then its the same as the regular army...the Browning L9A1 or in some cases (as is supposed to be the general replacement) the P226 Sig-Sauer

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jun 19th, 2006 01:49 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keith6544

well let it be clear that our Royal Marines have the fastest Amphibious record. And our SAS training lasts about over 1 year and the selection process for the SAS is the hardest in the world. The SAS missions are usually in squads of 4-10 men all individually trained in different fields. One man will be an expert in communications,another in disarming explosives, another in medical treatment, another in orienteering and so on but always the most expierenced soldier in the squad will have a certain expertise in each field. This makes the SAS the most advanced CT unit in the world. No SAS soldiers have been KIA since WW2, They were deployed in WW1, WW2, falklands, both gulf wars and were used in the hostage crisis in the Iranian embassy and used in Germany when a plane was hijacked by terrorists.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 06:45 PM
Keith6544 is currently offline Click here to Send Keith6544 a Private Message Find more posts by Keith6544 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Each has their own specialties.

JTF2, SAS, Delta Force, SEALS, each has their own exceptional abilities and preferred forum of operations.

I had heard that JTF2 had higher requirements for acceptance and tougher training, but that could have just been someone running their mouth

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 06:49 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Only someone who has experience with both of these special forces can give an accurate answer.

Seeing as the forces work and train together a lot, sharing experiences and ideas, it would come down to who is on the ball on the day.

Any Brit would say the SAS and Yanks, Delta (or more likely the SEALS).

Ive come across the SAS when I was in the Military a few times and all I can say is that they are very intelligent, prefessional people who love thier job.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 07:37 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reincarnated

It shouldn't be Delta vs SAS but the SAS vs the US special ops group who managed to kidnap the panama president in the middle of the night

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 09:25 PM
Reincarnated is currently offline Click here to Send Reincarnated a Private Message Find more posts by Reincarnated Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Delta Farce ftw.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 09:29 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Delta vs SAS

SAS would easily take the number one ranking special force, apprently they train other special forces or so ive read but theres no point in debating it, nobody really knows enough about either to be able to rank them effectively, grabbing a few missions here and there is all fine and well but theres likely hundreds of incredible missions we dont hear about that would be far more impressive and further gauge their effectiveness.

I wouldnt call the US:

Originally posted by Zaxaquar

top when it comes to the military. Including secret technology, high security technology, and advanced training, all the way to basic training and technology.

The SAS programs are said to be incredibly tough, and ive read by most the toughest in the world though I have no official source thus why I wouldnt debate it, but top when it comes to military? their only top in budget dude.....each of their pieces of equipment from their rifles, tanks, jets, subs are argueably Weaker and inferior one on one to British made variants. Their a "toss as many forces in as we can and we will win! hell yeah were awsome!" kind of military imo, not elite top of the range weapons.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 10:10 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by jaden101
SAS isnt confined to military operations...they also are responsible for the security of visiting VIP's and it is them who plan routes for motorcades etc....so when you see tony blair walking around with a bunch of suits flanking him...they are not merely security services...they are SAS

in the first gulf war it was the SAS who were the first allied forces in and were responsible for the "scud hunter" mission. this was despite the fact that there was initially no formal communication with the USAF to send in air strikes after the SAS designated target...they improvised...and were successful

its estimated that combined with the US F-117 stealth...the SAS were responsible for the destruction of 80% of all designated military targets during desert storm

due to there work in iraq, Israel backed down from their threat to attack Iraq after a few missles were launched against them

i would say technologically that Delta Force would be superior but it terms of tactics and diversity of deployment...the SAS edge it

Watch Bravo Two Zero

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 16th, 2009 11:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UKR
Restricted

Account Restricted

Please only list hard facts, then opinions. Make sure that you are still friendly during posts to prevent the thread from getting locked. This thread is being created to collect information for people to review and make their own conclusion. Please attempt to separate your opinion from the facts that your opinion is based off of to prevent confusion of fact and opinion. Thank you for participating.

I hope you all find this thread useful, entertaining, and good source of information.

(this information has been gathered by extensive research, and personal communication, as mentioned)

===========================================
I've talked to guys in the Rangers, SEALs, Delta Force, SWAT, Recon from the army (don't remember the devision), and Airborne.
British SAS and SBS, I don't know much about, I'm in the U.S. so I haven't communicated with any SAS or SBS. I don't know much about them. The Delta Force was STARTED by an American who WAS an SAS. He started SFOD-D and SFOD creates more tactics and more, trains harder and harder, they were started by an --->X<--- SAS who was an American. They were NOT trained BY the SAS. They occasionally participate in cross drills.
Delta Force is a unique unit, with approx 300 officers in it. The U.S. government officially denies their existence. The Delta Force commence covert ops which are range from under cover work, VIP assassination, illegal operations (dirty work of governments), political interference. Team elimination in some cases. They do it all. They specialize in SCUBA, HALO, HAHO, small to large unit warfare, woodland and CQB. Hostage recue of course.
Deltas are almost a match for SEALs in SCUBA, but SEALs dominate Delta in underwater operations, which aren't very common. Deltas dominate the SEALs on ALL land and air warfare.
Preparing to get in rangers (join the U.S. army, and hopefully get recruited by US-A-1stSFOD-D).

My opinion: I believe that the US-A-1stSFOD-Delta is slightly more skilled than the SAS. I believe this because the U.S. are war mongers and are at the top when it comes to the military. Including secret technology, high security technology, and advanced training, all the way to basic training and technology.

Take care everyone...
-Zaxraver

YYYYYYYOOOOOOO JJJOOOEEE

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 06:45 AM
UKR is currently offline Click here to Send UKR a Private Message Find more posts by UKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

[B

Take care everyone...
-Zaxraver [/B]

It depends on the situation, as for war mongering I think the UK has been in as many wars than the US. Not to mention the highly dangerous situation in N.Ireland which requires very unique skills.

The British army is a lot smaller than the US, so they rely a lot on special forces, covert ops and "less against many a lot more as apposed to the US "Spray and Pray", lets bomb everything flat tactics.

On the technological side the US have a clear advantage, but if I was to pick a group for a covert mission on the ground behind enemy lines, IŽd pick the SAS. If I had a free pick from the worlds armys IŽd have to go with the Israelis though, they have sooooo much experience, EVERY DAY!!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 01:51 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the SAS has both a higher attrition rate during selection and also a much longer training period before being qualified. Also, the SAS has a longer track record.

However, I don't think anyone can objectively say which is the "best".

On a side note, I'd also like to point out the Australian SpecOps unit, SASR is also up there among the ranks.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:10 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Australia's lame though.

no expression

Old Post Mar 17th, 2009 02:13 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anonymous000

Well, time for me to start up an old topic Happy Dance
I saw this page from a google search, and needed to post something so uninformed people don't stay misinformed.
Delta Vs. SAS Vs. Navy Seals

-Requirements-

I won't go into detail with this part. But Delta has the most strict requirements out of these three groups. If you don't own any books on these groups, a simple google search should suffice if you want to confirm this.

-Selection-

SAS: Have at least 3 months of service, and sign up. There are two selections per year, one in the summer, one in the winter. So either way your battling the elements. Heatstroke vs. Hypothermia.

Navy Seals: Meet the basic requirements, and take the SEAL Challenge. You sign up for it.

Delta: You don't sign up, they find you. They find you based on your recorded skills in the Army. They will ask you to join if they need your skills. If you accept, you go through S&T which very little is known about. However, very, very few people make it through S&T successfully.

-Analysis-
Anyone can sign up for the SAS and SEALs. Though, they do have to go through the selection courses and what not, they do not need any specific skills. Whereas, Delta, recruits specific people whom have specific skills that they need. And after they are recruited, they get to go through their own Selection Course. So while all three units no doubt have top notch soldiers, Delta has the best assortment of skills/abilities. Because of the fact that they recruit you based on your ability , and you can't 'sign up', shows that they put their Squadrons together to have maximum effectiveness in maximum scenarios.

-Training-(Not overly much is known on the actual training, so I will not go into detail of training for ANY of these groups.

SAS: Intense training for ALL environments/scenarios.

Delta: Like the SAS, intense training for ALL environments/scenarios

Seals: Intense Water training, with above average land training.

-Analysis-

While Delta does not train ALL of its members for underwater warfare, their SCUBA teams match the Seals as far as training and skill level go. The Seals just have more SCUBA teams. I'm not sure about SAS Scuba teams, so I will not make a comparison with them. However, on land, both Delta and SAS are much better trained and skilled than any Navy Seal team.

-Overall-
Not much is actually KNOWN(not speculated) about Delta aside from selection requirements. Delta is by far the most classified of the three Special Operations groups. However, aside from that, based on what we do know, Delta has a slight edge on the SAS. Delta also has the edge on the Seals, because while underwater their team skills are about equal, out of the water, Delta dominates. Again, I'm not sure about the SAS scuba teams, so I can't make an accurate comparison of the Seals to the SAS. From what we know, Delta has an edge on the SAS for the sole reason of selection. Anyone can sign up for the SAS. Granted, not all pass training, but thats not the point. Delta hand picks its recruits from all units in the Army, and then puts them through selection. This will give them the edge over the SAS.

Also, exact numbers are not well known, and therefore my analysis' do not take numbers into account.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 05:51 PM
Anonymous000 is currently offline Click here to Send Anonymous000 a Private Message Find more posts by Anonymous000 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

**** that

rangers lead the way!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2010 07:52 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote