KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » fan fiction

fan fiction
Started by: azszhz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
azszhz
I Have No Name

fan fiction

this topic probably wont be up long but i wanted to show this fan fiction i found on fanfiction.net cuz its really good.

By GTA Otaku
"Whispers in the Dark"
The company have come to a stop in the mines of Moria. Exhausted and lost even with the guidance of the wizard, they decide to get some sleep ready to continue on the morrow, not that any concept of time telling exists in the underground. Slowly the light of Gandalf’s staff dies to glowing embers, then nothing.

As the rest of the company sleep, two small voices penetrate the darkness.

“Merry?”

“What?”

“I’m hungry”.

“You’re always hungry”.

“Yes, but I’m REALLY hungry now”.

“Then try thinking about something other than food for a change”.

“Okay”.

Pause.

“I’m cold”.

“Pippin!”

“I am”.

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 06:51 PM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

“You don’t think I am?”

“You don’t seem to be”.

“That’s because I’m not COMPLAINING about it. Now go to sleep”.

Silence fills the cave once again. Merry closes his eyes, though in the pitch black it makes little difference. He evens out his breathing and tries to relax but it is no use, despite his exhaustion and effort he just can not get to sleep.

Neither can Pippin.

“If we ask Strider nicely, do you think he’ll let us have a second breakfast tomorrow?”

“I don’t believe you Peregrin”. Merry sits up. “Here we are in the middle of the biggest historic event ever, making daily decisions that could shape the entire future and all you can honestly think about is FOOD”.

“I have to”.

“Why?” Merry raises his hands in frustration, although in the darkness the expression is about as useful as closing his eyes.

“Because if I don’t concentrate on trivial things I start to concentrate on big things; like going to Mordor through Sauron’s army, Wargs, black riders who knows what else. I look at how dark these mines are and it makes me realise how dark and dangerous the whole world is now. Merry by this time tomorrow we could all be dead; I don’t want to think about that, do you?”

Now it is Pippin who turns over and closes his eyes, trying to bite back tears and forget everything the conversation has brought his attention. He finds himself unable until…

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 06:52 PM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

“Pippin?”

“What?”

“I’m hungry”.

azszhz
I Have No Name

Pretty good story if you ask me

orlandoOYEA
Since When?

Awwwww thats great
i love it

made by cinemaddiction

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 08:27 PM
orlandoOYEA is currently offline Click here to Send orlandoOYEA a Private Message Find more posts by orlandoOYEA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

hey we shuld come up wit our own fan fiction sometime

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 08:58 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

that would be interesting, yes very very intersting

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:08 PM
Camellia
Complete Tolkien geek

WOOOOO! Fanfiction.net!!!!

I live for that web site!!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 05:40 PM
Camellia is currently offline Click here to Send Camellia a Private Message Find more posts by Camellia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

you live for THAT website

that website alone???? i hope not...dont make me get my mace stick out tongue

Im Back happy

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 07:40 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Camellia
Complete Tolkien geek

Well, no, I live for many others too...KMC being one of coursestick out tongue

Actually, I have become very obsessed with RPS archives..the only problem being, I don't like to read the slash stories...

Have you any idea how it is to find a story about a real perosn (e.g. an actor) that DOESN'T involve them having a gay relationship?!?!?

Anyway, off topic...sorrysmile

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 08:22 PM
Camellia is currently offline Click here to Send Camellia a Private Message Find more posts by Camellia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

i don't know how to avoid the slash sad
so i can't help you exept to say keep looking eventally you can find what you want

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 09:38 PM
flickerstick
uh......no?

My only suggesting is to change the narrative to past tense (e.g. "Merry sat up" instead of "erry sits up") It flows better.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 01:22 PM
flickerstick is currently offline Click here to Send flickerstick a Private Message Find more posts by flickerstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

well i didn't write that story a GTA Otaku did but i can put that in a review for her story

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 10:46 PM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

You should register an account on www.fanfiction.net and post your fics there.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 11:21 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
azszhz
I Have No Name

i already am registered and this is not my fic it was just so good that i couldn't help but show it off. i thought that this tread would be closed by now.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 11:27 PM
azszhz
I Have No Name

in fact half the time i'm online i have that site up even if i'm looking somethink else up at the same time

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 11:28 PM
gtaotaku

Smile

Hey

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Thank you so much for recomending my LOTR fiction, it was really sweet of you. I couldn't believe it when I first saw this post. I just had to log on and thank you personally big grin

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 05:02 PM
gtaotaku is currently offline Click here to Send gtaotaku a Private Message Find more posts by gtaotaku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elessea

Me like happy

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 12:16 PM
Elessea is currently offline Click here to Send Elessea a Private Message Find more posts by Elessea Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

a very good story indeed...

Old Post Sep 8th, 2004 05:49 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote