KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Clubber Lang vs. Ivan Drago

Clubber Lang vs. Ivan Drago
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Clubber Lang vs. Ivan Drago

Both are in their primes and instead of Rocky flying to the Soviet Union it's Lang. Lang is still hungry to prove himself and Drago is still juiced up like an animal. Who wins ?

Old Post May 31st, 2011 12:30 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mmmmmmmm.....Clubber.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 12:39 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Are you high? Are you Dense? It's Ivan Drago!

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 31st, 2011 10:06 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Clubber doesn't have what it takes to wear-down Drago before Drago punches his face in.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 31st, 2011 10:12 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

He'd probably kill Clubber Lang, I mean lets face it...Lang would just piss Drago right off

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 31st, 2011 10:43 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
He'd probably kill Clubber Lang, I mean lets face it...Lang would just piss Drago right off

Lang never had a proper training or inner-insight montage that was common in 80's films and crucial for the protagonist in overcoming his/her great obstacle. Lang has zero chance here.

Old Post May 31st, 2011 10:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

if lang had the ability to get drago past the 3rd round he would win..

drago slaughters him

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post May 31st, 2011 11:44 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
Lang never had a proper training or inner-insight montage that was common in 80's films and crucial for the protagonist in overcoming his/her great obstacle. Lang has zero chance here.
Are you kidding me ? Drago was a lot of hype. The only guy he beat was an out of prime apollo creed. And correct me if I am wrong but lang beat rocky also.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 01:50 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

I reckon Clubber would win this. Drago was all roids and no skill.
Clubber had the eye of the tiger.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:38 AM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by the ninjak
I reckon Clubber would win this. Drago was all roids and no skill.
Clubber had the eye of the tiger.
Plus people seem to think Lang went deep into a boxing match. he was a tyson fighter plain and simple. If you make it out of the first three rounds chances are he will gas but I don't see Drago making it out of the first three rounds.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2011 02:39 AM
juggerman

BUMP

I'm not sure Clubber would win since Drago has more skill imo but Clubber has much more punching power

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 09:26 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

No way, man. Drago's got a 2150 PSI punch. That's about 4 tons worth of force. In their rematch Rocky was eating Clubber's shots and asking for more.

Also, Rocky is significantly weaker than Drago, and dropped Clubber in 3 rounds, Ivan would destroy him in the 1st.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 09:53 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Going by Rocky-ratings, Drago's punch is supposed to be about three times more powerful than other boxers.

Going by the films.

Lang beat an out of shape Rocky and killed an old man.

Drago killed a retired but still in great shape Creed.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 21st, 2014 at 10:21 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 10:15 PM
Psychotron

Creed also had a friendly match with Rocky between Rocky III and IV and judging by Rocky's face in the beginning of Rocky IV Apollo was still good.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 10:19 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

People downplaying Creed in Rocky 4 is just clown tactics. The guy obviously wasn't in his prime, but he still had it.

Footwork and speed is still there:

He just doesn't have Rocky's superhuman ability to mitigate tons-of-force punches.

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 21st, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 10:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx

I personally don't see any argument to be made here. Lang did beat, Rocky but we were lead to believe, Rocky had become complacent and relatively out of shape. Once, Rocky employed a realistic and strategic fighting style other than brawling, he pretty much decimated, Lang.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 10:22 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Rocky not being at fight-readiness and distracted in the first match was a major plot point of the film.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 10:28 PM
COG Veteran
Teh GrOovY 1

Originally posted by Psychotron
No way, man. Drago's got a 2150 PSI punch. That's about 4 tons worth of force. In their rematch Rocky was eating Clubber's shots and asking for more.

Also, Rocky is significantly weaker than Drago, and dropped Clubber in 3 rounds, Ivan would destroy him in the 1st.

1 ton is two thousand pounds. He punches just harder than 1 ton, unless were thinking of different measurements.

But yeah, Drago hits him like he's never been hit before. I lean towards the Russian on this one.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 11:36 PM
COG Veteran is currently offline Click here to Send COG Veteran a Private Message Find more posts by COG Veteran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Moose
Umbrella Elite

Drago crushes.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2014 11:58 PM
Stealth Moose is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Moose a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Moose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

Originally posted by juggerman
Clubber has much more punching power

What? Did you miss the scene in Rocky 4 where he outright stated to have over twice the punching power of a normal human?

Anyways, how is Clubber getting any support here? Drago was an outright superhuman who killed a man (who in the previous film was training Rocky and was in clear great shape here) in the ring nigh-effortlessly.

Rocky rope-a-doped Clubber. Okay. that's a durability feat for Rocky....WTF did Clubber do to make him superior to Drago? Beat an earlier Rocky who was:
A) not taking his training seriously
B blatantly distracted by his loved one dying at that exact moment
What else besides that?

Drago's literally built up to be the ultimate fighting machine, akin to a pugilist Terminator. Clubber might arguably be quicker, but he will eventually get hit, and as soon as he does, he will at the very least get disoriented, and from there he gets Apollo-ed.

As far as putting him down, Clubber only lasted as long as he did because Rocky purposely wasn't fighting back to save his strength. Drago on the other hand was trading blows with Rocky for IIRC 15 rounds. I think he can hang with Clubber until he gets an Apollo hit in.

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Last edited by Lestov16 on Mar 22nd, 2014 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2014 12:30 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote