KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul (TPM) vs General Grievous

Darth Maul (TPM) vs General Grievous
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth Maul (TPM) vs General Grievous

Both characters at their peak, preferably a Legends Canon/Non-TCW Grievous discussion but it's up to you. All out. Fight in the Petranaki Arena.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 12:48 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Grievous.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 01:00 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Maul takes majority in an all out.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 01:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

5.5/10 to Grievous for me.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 01:45 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

.5 because he cuts maul in half during one fight but he survives and gets robot legs?

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
.5 because he cuts maul in half during one fight but he survives and gets robot legs?
LOL.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 02:00 AM
Jmanghan

Maybe if Maul had a scooter, LOLOLOLOL.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 04:15 AM
Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Grievous edges out a victory. He can likely dodge all of Maul's TK at this point.

The North Remembers

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 05:49 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Still Maul, Canon Grievous is not going to beat a sith lord. He had already troubles against average council members. (Sans that ridiculous micro-series feats)

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 09:07 AM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any more thoughts on this?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 12:45 AM
Darth Thor

Maul defeated him twice in SOD.

And since it was never stated that Maul's increase in power from TPM to TCW was "Huge" I'm defo going with Maul. Especially in an all out.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 12:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul defeated Grievous once, by BFRing him with telekinesis. In the encounter where he tackled Grievous not only did he have enough leverage over Grievous to force a capture over him without resistance anyway, but he off-balanced him with a Force push before leaping on him. I don't see how either of those apply to this fight except from the fact he can throw Grievous with TK from time to time. Maul's telekinetic power increase was substantial between TPM and TCW so that should be noted.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 01:39 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Maul defeated him twice in SOD.

And that too thumb up

Grievous is not on Darth Maul's tier. Especially the Canon one.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah he is, beating Shaak/Mundi, pressuring Mace, are all comparable feats to Maul.

In any event I'd still give it to Maul at least 6/10, given he could still use the force offensively to destroy Grievous if not do the obvious which is hold his own in a duel.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 06:57 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Revanchiste

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrr TWC is canon for economic terms.. But a bullshit official or not stay a bullshit.
And Grievous is over powering darthmaull with his 4 light-saber but lack of technic.. but if you consider 2003 TWC canon... That's mean Grievous is really well trained...
But Darth maul as also his weird light-saber (remeber at the time it wasn't commun to find those dual blade...) and a lot of technics !!!!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 06:58 PM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Grievous is one of the only characters who get lowballed more than Maul in debates.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 06:59 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

TCW Grievous maybe.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 07:01 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote