KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries
Started by: BruceSkywalker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (28): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

The Vampire Diaries

coming shortly on the CW..

thoughts? opinions?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 8th, 2009 06:36 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

CW trying to capitalize on the Twilight/true Blood fever. I'll check the pilot. Hopefully vampires wont turn into stupid diamonds when exposed to sun light!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 06:12 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
CW trying to capitalize on the Twilight/true Blood fever. I'll check the pilot. Hopefully vampires wont turn into stupid diamonds when exposed to sun light!

yeah same her, after i watch the pilot i will decide or not to continue

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 06:49 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

I cant imagine it being as good as True Blood being on CW, they just are not allowed the freedoms of HBO. And you can see how trying to make it more kid friendly can make it pretty poor quality with Twilight so not sure how this will turn out.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2009 08:26 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Didn't the books this series is based on come out years before the Twilight series of books? Decade or so.

Kevin Williamson(Scream) has also written some of the series, so that could be interesting.

It's not something I will rush to watch on television but will give it a try, any good official trailers out for it?

All I could find on youtube were shitty fan made ones adding in characters from Heroes...

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 06:19 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wicker_man
V.2

I'll give it a chance but if it's anything like Twilight then I'm not expecting anything to keep my intrested two episodes in.

For me Buffy, Angel and Ultraviolet are the three best vampire shows of recent years.

That's NUMBERWANG!!!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:02 PM
wicker_man is currently offline Click here to Send wicker_man a Private Message Find more posts by wicker_man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

It looks to have more merit than Twilight. Granted, that's not saying much.

Hopefully, we'll find something that rivals the Buffy/Angel phenomenon in quality.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 07:15 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Gideon

Hopefully, we'll find something that rivals the Buffy/Angel phenomenon in quality.

I don't think that will ever happen regarding buffy and angel, but you never know

Old Post Sep 10th, 2009 09:34 PM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Meh, it was all right.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 03:09 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Meh, it was all right.

i thought so too... i really wasn't expecting anyway.. i will watch the next epsisode though

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 05:02 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

I will, too.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 01:49 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Course I was expecting something as bad as Twilight movie so. I'll probably end up watching it again it semi-caught my interest.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2009 07:20 PM
Kento is currently offline Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

They would first have to stop making Vampires go to school and being in love.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 12:14 AM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

The Twilight/True Blood hype sure helped get an audience. Show had the biggest premiere in the history of CW.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 04:26 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by forumcrew
The Twilight/True Blood hype sure helped get an audience. Show had the biggest premiere in the history of CW.
Twilight lovers, I would imagine. I can just hear it now, them complaining that the Vampire Diaries "stole," their ideas from Twilight...completely ignorant that Twilight came out ten years after The Vampire Diaries.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 04:49 PM
forumcrew

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Twilight lovers, I would imagine. I can just hear it now, them complaining that the Vampire Diaries "stole," their ideas from Twilight...completely ignorant that Twilight came out ten years after The Vampire Diaries.

Happens all the time. Any new MMO game that comes out people think is a rip off of World of Warcraft when that game copied tons from many others that came before it. Fanboys become blind by ignorance.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 10:22 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

I watched it and was pleasantly surprised. It is massively superior to Twilight. Stefan is not made to be a Gary Stu like Edward nor is Elena as vapid as Bella. Damen [Damien?] at first came off cliched, but... after commercial break? Much more convincing.

7/10.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2009 10:30 PM
Gideon is currently offline Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

looking forward to watching the next episode on thursday

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 12:18 AM
TRiNiTYfemi
Constantly Evolving

So far the Vampire Diaries doesnt have as much to offer as individual character depth goes in comparison to Twilight (which isn't reused ideas from other paranormal tv series)... we'll see though because I've only watched the first episode.

I'll keep watching it though and once it becomes tedious then I'll stop watching.

Sig by Scythe

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 02:35 AM
TRiNiTYfemi is currently offline Click here to Send TRiNiTYfemi a Private Message Find more posts by TRiNiTYfemi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by Kento
It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Course I was expecting something as bad as Twilight movie so. I'll probably end up watching it again it semi-caught my interest.
I watched it and was pleasantly surprised. It is massively superior to Twilight. Stefan is not made to be a Gary Stu like Edward nor is Elena as vapid as Bella. Damen [Damien?] at first came off cliched, but... after commercial break? Much more convincing.

7/10.

You both watched Twilight? sick

anyways, haven't seen the show, but I'm mildly interested, so I might give a try

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 30th, 2009 04:48 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote