KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Plagueis vs. Darth Krayt (Lightsabers only)

Darth Plagueis vs. Darth Krayt (Lightsabers only)
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Darth Plagueis vs. Darth Krayt (Lightsabers only)

Fight takes place in the Valley of the Dark Lords

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 03:05 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Krayt's got far greater quantity and quality in terms of lightsaber feats, he should win solidly.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 03:07 PM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Krayt.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 03:32 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Krayt

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 05:32 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd side with Plagueis mostly through inference.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2015 07:43 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
I'd side with Plagueis mostly through inference.

I wouldn't infer Plagueis to be better than Krayt. He was very fast, but every time he faced someone who could keep up with his speed, he turned to the force to win.

He was skilled sabers, but he didn't like sabers in the same way most top duelists do, so he didn't push himself to the limits, IMO.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 12:00 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, that's nice. When you have something more than arbitrary commentary and backwards logic to offer for once, you let me know.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 12:04 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Lulz. Especially at, "He didn't like lightsabers, so he probably wasn't that great." I remember how much Sidious loved lightsabers though, so he might have a point.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 12:22 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by ILS
Yeah, that's nice. When you have something more than arbitrary commentary and backwards logic to offer for once, you let me know.

How's it backwards? Someone who cares more about one area will normally try harder. He preferred the force, so he's more a force type.

Plus it does tie in to his actual battle results- again, when faced with a hard duel, he turned to his most reliable area, that is his force powers, to win.

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Lulz. Especially at, "He didn't like lightsabers, so he probably wasn't that great." I remember how much Sidious loved lightsabers though, so he might have a point.

Sids cackled wildly while using sabers, he really seemed to enjoy his duels smile

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 01:19 AM
Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who gives a shit what he prefers or what type randominternetguy449 assigns him? That doesn't inherently preclude him from being better than Krayt.

He outdueled Venamis without the Force, despite Venamis knowing how he duels quite literally inside and out. I don't think you can get much less reliant on offensive Force use than that. Give me a break, Q99. I know you like Krayt but this is excessive.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 01:25 AM
Q99

Originally posted by ILS
Who gives a shit what he prefers or what type randominternetguy449 assigns him? That doesn't inherently preclude him from being better than Krayt.

No, but I like to talk character motives and stuff when discussing how their develop their abilities. Of course it's nothing definitive on their own.

quote:

He outdueled Venamis without the Force, despite Venamis knowing how he duels quite literally inside and out. I don't think you can get much less reliant on offensive Force use than that.

Fair enough, I misremembered the duel some and re-read it.

quote:
Give me a break, Q99. I know you like Krayt but this is excessive.

*Looks up thread*

Pretty much everyone is voting Krayt here, so I don't get why it'd be 'excessive'. I just thought I'd add something beyond the opinion itself.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 01:56 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Why do I feel like Q receives undeserved rage many a time :mmm:

Anyways, gimme Plagueis.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:31 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Undeserved? 2 Sith Lords > 1 Sith Lord deserves all the rage in the world.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 03:37 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Undeserved? 2 Sith Lords > 1 Sith Lord deserves all the rage in the world.

Hah, because numbers mattering is sooo out there?

Yes, it turns out, having a numerical advantage is normally a significant advantage.

It can be counteracted by other significant advantages, but it'd spell the win in a heck of a lot of fights.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 04:12 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Maul and Savage didn't win because Savage isn't a real Sith Lord.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 04:41 AM
Q99

Maul and Savage didn't win because Savage isn't a real Sith Lord.

That and because Sidious's other strengths make him exceptional even for a sith lord.

Just because I say something, I can just be referring to it as a rule of thumb, not an absolute, y'know smile (Aaand I'm pretty sure I've said that before ^^)

An example of what I mean is, say, assume you have Maul and Dooku, both 'only' apprentice lords, working together they could likely beat Revan, or Exar Kun, or yadda yadda. The list of who they couldn't beat is pretty short. It's not true all the time, but it's often the case.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 05:04 AM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

What the hell are you talking about? What is an "apprentice" Lord. You're either a Darth or you aren't. And the list of who they couldn't beat isn't nearly as short as you seem to think it is. You don't need to be Sidious to take on Maul and Dooku at the same time.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 05:23 AM
Q99

What the hell are you talking about? What is an "apprentice" Lord. You're either a Darth or you aren't.

... see, in the Rule of Two (and other sith that worked in a similar format), always two there are. The master, and the apprentice.

... why am I having to explain how the Sith master/apprentice system works to you? Why are you incredulous about Maul and Dooku being apprentices? A Rule of Two sith only stops being an apprentice when their master dies.

quote:
And the list of who they couldn't beat isn't nearly as short as you seem to think it is. You don't need to be Sidious to take on Maul and Dooku at the same time.

You might not need Sidious but... you think there's a long list?

I'm curious as to, say, five who can do it.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 07:49 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I'd list to see that list too. And how Banerific it is.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 10:27 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selenial
I Choose Violence

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why do I feel like Q receives undeserved rage many a time :mmm:

Anyways, gimme Plagueis.

This, 'cept Krayt.

Old Post Nov 11th, 2015 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote