KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Manga vs Anime

Manga or Anime
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Anime 6 50.00%
Manga 6 50.00%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Manga vs Anime
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Manga vs Anime

For DBS, what do you prefer ? Manga or Anime ? No wrong answers, just interested in hearing what y'all have to say.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 05:54 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Manga, even though they are weaker.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 07:29 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

I enjoy the manga better as well. But seeing these high quality animations does give a sense of aww that you cant get from the manga.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:02 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

The anime is less canon then the manga, so that's how strong they're meant to be.

Of course, even the anime is beneath Superman.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:26 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bbrem123
I enjoy the manga better as well. But seeing these high quality animations does give a sense of aww that you cant get from the manga.

Compared to classic Dragon Ball Z, they're middling scenes.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 08:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by cdtm
The anime is less canon then the manga

That used to be the case, before Super, but not anymore.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:24 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That used to be the case, before Super, but not anymore.

The manga has direct oversight from Toriyama, meaning everything from Super Kaioken to Hit's million adaptations didn't come from him, any more then GT concepts did.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 09:51 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

thumb up

It's actually kind of amazing how little insight/influence Toriyama had in the anime's rendition of the ToP -- to say that he even gave Toei a rough outline of the overall plot would be a huge exaggeration, tbh. He was very hands off with that arc in particular(for whatever reason), and only provided a few general plot/character-developments here and there. That's about it.

*Don't get me wrong, though: the anime is still canon where it doesn't directly conflict with the manga.

Anywho, the manga is much more enjoyable than the anime from a storytelling standpoint, imo... And that probably stems from Toriyama having a more direct role in its creation.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 10:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

It's canon.

So are the movies, GT, and that TV special, but it'a as canon as anything licenced by Toei.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 11:20 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Galan007
It's actually kind of amazing how little insight/influence Toriyama had in the anime's rendition of the ToP -- to say that he even gave Toei a rough outline of the overall plot would be a huge exaggeration, tbh. He was very hands off with that arc in particular(for whatever reason), and only provided a few general plot/character-developments here and there. That's about it.

Some of that was for the better though, like Frieza giving some of his energy to Goku after the first UI fight, which was basically his way of saying "We're even now for you giving me energy that allowed me to survive back on Namek"... That idea was from a fan/writer on the team who actually remembered DBZ, unlike Toriyama who forgot most of his work when he was initially brought back to the scene. Didn't he even forget SSJ3 was a thing at first?

Not disputing that the manga > anime overall in quality, despite my preference for like anime Hit and Goku Black, but just pointing out that the anime had some good/neat ideas too, even if they weren't from Toriyama. smile Granted, there were plenty dumb things with the anime too, like Universe 2/Ribrianne, etc.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Apr 23rd, 2018 at 11:31 PM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2018 11:25 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Manga goes by too fast with too few character moments and the classic "pictures can't portray everything" problem that comics have as well.

A few repeating scenes or bad stills is a small sacrifice to pay compared to seeing barely anything happen, like the Manga Beerus fight for example.

I'm not saying the anime is better, or without issues, but it is so much more enjoyable to me.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 04:13 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Agreed. A well done anime fight scene will always take the cake over a manga rendition.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 11:57 AM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The anime just drags a lot of scenes out WAY too long for me. I actually prefer the manga's pace.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

Yea 95% of the fight scenes in the anime are pretty trash imo. Only a select few we epic.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2018 01:51 PM
XxSamuraixX
The stomach of demise

I like the manga when im bored, but enjoy watching the anime

Old Post Jul 10th, 2018 06:05 AM
XxSamuraixX is currently offline Click here to Send XxSamuraixX a Private Message Find more posts by XxSamuraixX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote