KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Best Star Wars film as of now and why you think so

Best Star Wars film as of now
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
The Phantom Menace 0 0%
Attack of the Clones 0 0%
Revenge of the Sith 8 32.00%
A New Hope 3 12.00%
The Empire Strikes Back 10 40.00%
Return of the Jedi 2 8.00%
The Force Awakens 2 8.00%
Total: 25 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Star Wars film as of now and why you think so
Started by: EmperorSidious2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Best Star Wars film as of now and why you think so

Not sure if this is been done, most likely has but what the heck. The title says it all.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 02:57 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

The Force Awakens.

Why do I think so? Quite simply, it was fun to watch. The PT movies are dull and boring (mainly due to the cast having as much feeling as blocks of wood and the silly, lifeless duels). The OT movies are okay but I don't really care about any of the characters that much.

TFA however had characters I loved, especially Rey and Finn. Plus it had great action and some good humour. It was just a joy to watch.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 03:12 AM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewLanceWindu
Keeper of the Prophecy

Empire is still number 1. A New Hope is number. The Force Awakens is 3.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 03:20 AM
Click here to Send NewLanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by NewLanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Revenge of the Sith.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 03:36 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Hard to choose just one. ESB, TFA and ROTS are definitely top 3 for me though

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 05:52 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

ESB... easy.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 07:52 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Revenge of the Sith. It's just so dense, every single image has so many things going on.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2016 09:52 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Revenge of the Sith.

We are in agreement.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 12:23 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediRobin23
Somewhat Liberal

Rotj.

Although, force awakens in my current favorite as I've seen the others way too many times...

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 02:37 AM
Click here to Send JediRobin23 a Private Message Find more posts by JediRobin23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

RotJ. i don't have to explain myself.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:11 AM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Revenge of the Sith. It's just so dense, every single image has so many things going on.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:52 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Rebel95
Hard to choose just one.

Agreed. Which is why I usually say ANH just for being the one to introduce us to this Galaxy Far Far Away.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Clever.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 02:42 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by queeq
ESB... easy.
thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Clearly ESB- from ANH's solid enjoyable base, ESB turned the whole thing into a gripping character drama as well, and turned the 'good guys beat bad guys' theme on its head. Which ROTJ ruined a bit.

Poor ANH always does badly on lists like this- but it does much better if the films are ranked. It's rarely anyone's favourite but it's very often second or third.

It's also waaaay too early to judge TFA. Some of what people do not like about it- like it's very safe structure- may be judged far more kindly if the later films diverge from that. The opposite will happen if the other films are safe as well; TFA will take the blame.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Whenever this gets brought up in a real life conversation, and ANH gets ranked last of the OT (or last in general, the philistines), the naysayer's explanation always seems to revolve around the saber duel. Or Luke being whiny.

Yeah he's a bit whiny, and yeah the duel's not visually impressive, but... what else? Not alot of people ever seem to have anything else on their mind when they rank ANH. The f*cking duels, they keep taking top priority. It's a shame.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 08:56 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

It is indeed.

Luke's whininess is not a problem to me. A bit of cheese is part of SW. And Luke was basically a child in ANH. And if you compare that to how Luke is in ROTJ, it's quite a beautiful character development.

And the lightsaber battle was superb at the time. It rocked the world. They invented something there that was taken to extreme ballet in the PT. But everyone knew what a lightsaber was after that fight.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 09:11 PM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

Kinda suprised that ROTS is evn with ESB as of now

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2016 10:46 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Kinda suprised that ROTS is evn with ESB as of now
It's got sick lightsaber fights, bro! And that opening space battle is totes sweet! And it's soooo dark! That makes it automatically good, for some reason.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 01:08 AM
queeq
Chaos

laughing out loud

Yeah ROTS is not the league of ESB.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2016 08:31 PM