KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Choise

Choise
Started by: Nefertite

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nefertite

Warning Choise

Do you remember the part of Matrix. Reloaded where Neo had to choose
one of two ways: to save Trinity or to save Zion?
What would you choose? And why?

I was confused at that moment ! I was trying to gess: What is he going to choose?! As you know, he chose to save Trinity - his love. But...
Then the Zion fell. This Neo's action surprised me a lot. Because he didn't save a city. And he was the one who had to do it! confused

On the other hand I'm glad that Trinity is alive.

Attachment: 101[1].jpg
This has been downloaded 98 time(s).

Created by Godshinto

Old Post May 31st, 2003 07:23 PM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trilight

I would have saved the human species. Just like the previous ones.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 07:45 PM
trilight is currently offline Click here to Send trilight a Private Message Find more posts by trilight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

nefertite, have you forgotten that in the original matrix movie, neo had to choose between his life and morpheous' but he succeded in saving both, in a way not explained, so is the same with trinity. zion has not fallen and he still saved her. neo now has the power to discard choice and do whatever he wishes, i mean, he also brought her back from the dead so is this the kind of guy you would want to have a choice? he doesnt need it, cause he canm do as he wishes. thats why he's the one!

Old Post May 31st, 2003 09:49 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

I would have saved Trinity.

Old Post May 31st, 2003 09:49 PM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

No, Zion would fall either way. it was the rntire human race he was dooming by saving Trinity... which I guess is much worse...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 31st, 2003 10:37 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tevesh

I don't know if Zion will fall or not. One theme i caught in the movie is that of fate. Everyone in the movie believes in fate, and that every choice has already been made, but Neo seems to go against that. Neo is fighting against fate, and I believe that he will win.

Unless the question is: What isn't the answer?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 02:51 AM
Tevesh is currently offline Click here to Send Tevesh a Private Message Find more posts by Tevesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alaba
THE ONE

right on tevesh!

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 12:13 PM
alaba is currently offline Click here to Send alaba a Private Message Find more posts by alaba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

He's not fighting fate though, is he? Everything he has done so far has only gone to prove that when it comes to taking choices, the factors that go towards the choice he makes have already been established so they could be preecicted. The point is that he is noit a prisoner of fate, but on;y of circumstance and his own feelings. Every prediction has so far happened.

BUT- no-one has said that it is INEVITABLE that Zion will fall, not in the same way they have said other things are inveitable. The Architect has said that have become very good at it. We know it happened that way before. It is certainly very very LIKELY to happen. But no-one has outright said "Zion will fall and there is nothing you can do about it"- because this still lies within the power of people to change.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 12:53 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Nefertite> Zion has not fallen yet. The end of Reloaded has caused some confusion, probably because suddenly everything happens very fast, and we’ve all been in the theatre for 2 hours when it does. Five ships went out early to launch a counter-attack against the sentinels and they failed. There is less than 24 hours until Zion falls.
Does Neo chose Trinity over the entire human species? ONLY if there are no other options. That is in essence what the Architect says. Now the question is, is there not more than two choices?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 03:31 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nefertite

Ok, alaba, in the original Matrix movie Neo could choose between his life and morpheous' life. He choose to save Morpheous. As you know he saved him and survive himself. but he was there and Morpheous was there.
In M2 Neo choose to save Trinity, but not Zion. He couldn't save both because both actions was on the same time. So how could he save and Zion and Trinity?

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Jun 1st, 2003 04:00 PM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote