KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Jesse Custer vs Mxyzptlk

Jesse Custer vs Mxyzptlk
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Jesse Custer vs Mxyzptlk

With the word of God can he stop Mxy?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:17 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You mean, send him back to the 5th dimension? Probably.

Jesse: GO HOME.
Myx leaves: poof
Myx comes back: what the hell was THAT?
Myx comes back: Hey...cut that out!
Myx comes back: You son of a...
Myx comes back: @$&#%!!!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:50 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

No. Mxy destroys him, his "God", and their entire universe with a snap of his fingers.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 12:18 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Uh huh. smile

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 12:38 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

'God' in the Preacher-verse is a joke.

Mxy gestures Jesse /w/ Genesis away.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 01:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cool. smile

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:25 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Absolutely.

Raw cosmic/reality altering power rarely gives defense against Willpower/emotion based attacks.

If he removed his hearing/changed his language, that would do it, but generally speaking the highest end willpower attacks in comics have no defense at all.

And why would it? Sentience and will and sentience and will, by comic book standards. Everything with self awareness behaves and thinks exactly the same, from humans to high end abstracts.

The Primal Monitor being one possible exception, who knows if it has self awareness as we know it..

Hell, I bet Purple Man can control Mxy, let alone Jesse.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:41 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
'God' in the Preacher-verse is a joke.

Mxy gestures Jesse /w/ Genesis away.

you trying to bring odg out of retirement? that's a good way to do it. thumb up

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 08:56 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The Mxy Twins(which ARE Mxy) displayed casual telepathy, on a creation-wide scale... And that was the same comic where DC was described as an Omniverse. Point being: Mxy's mind/will...like every other part of his character...is extremely powerful.

So no, Purple Man certainly isn't manipulating him, nor are the pathetic powers of the Preacher-verse.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by leonidas
you trying to bring odg out of retirement? that's a good way to do it. thumb up
He's never coming back, lol.

It'd be nice if he still posted, though. Pissy as the guy could get, ODG was very intelligent, and almost all of his posts were well thought out, and supported by *something* of substance.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:04 PM
krisblaze

Why did ODG leave?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:13 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He had a complete breakdown during a debate, iirc.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:15 PM
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm
Absolutely.

Raw cosmic/reality altering power rarely gives defense against Willpower/emotion based attacks.

If he removed his hearing/changed his language, that would do it, but generally speaking the highest end willpower attacks in comics have no defense at all.

And why would it? Sentience and will and sentience and will, by comic book standards. Everything with self awareness behaves and thinks exactly the same, from humans to high end abstracts.

The Primal Monitor being one possible exception, who knows if it has self awareness as we know it..

Hell, I bet Purple Man can control Mxy, let alone Jesse.

Thats Aces. thumb up

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:16 PM
krisblaze

He had a complete breakdown during a debate, iirc.

I thought that was the norm for him?

They don't make nerds like they used to.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 09:33 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Mxy Twins(which ARE Mxy) displayed casual telepathy, on a creation-wide scale... And that was the same comic where DC was described as an Omniverse. Point being: Mxy's mind/will...like every other part of his character...is extremely powerful.

So no, Purple Man certainly isn't manipulating him, nor are the pathetic powers of the Preacher-verse.

Depends on how the will sapping power is portrayed.

I'll use Max Lord as an easy example. Back in the 90's, his nosebleed nudge casually controlled J'onn's actions, as easily as he could control anyone else. Same exact amount of effort.

Later on, in Infinite Crisis (Or at least in Booster Gold), it started to be shown as an advanced type of telepathy, but in the 90's it was something different. Basically skirted the tp rules, as if magic.

Now apply this to Purple Man and Xavier. Would Charles's tp defenses protect him, at all?

In short, we're comparing science, with rules, to "magic", which simply works.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 10:05 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'll use Max Lord as an easy example. Back in the 90's, his nosebleed nudge casually controlled J'onn's actions, as easily as he could control anyone else. Same exact amount of effort.

Later on, in Infinite Crisis (Or at least in Booster Gold), it started to be shown as an advanced type of telepathy, but in the 90's it was something different. Basically skirted the tp rules, as if magic.

Now apply this to Purple Man and Xavier. Would Charles's tp defenses protect him, at all?

Not sure how others'll take your reasoning, but it IS on point.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 10:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thing is, all things 'logical' go flying out the window when we're dealing with 5th-dimensional beings. I'm sure I don't need to explain why.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2016 11:51 PM
riv6672

Why?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2016 04:48 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You want me to explain why 5D beings do not abide by 3D laws/rules, lol? You must be joking... Good one. thumb up

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2016 05:02 PM
Flyattractor

Mxy just puts his fingers in his ears and makes Jessie into the tool he really is.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2016 05:08 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote