KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Knights of Ren Trailer

Knights of Ren Trailer
Started by: Eli Vanto

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Knights of Ren Trailer

Fake or legit? Hoping legit because its something I would definitely like to watch.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 02:42 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheev
The All-Sith

If it's fake, it's one of the most impressive fakes I have ever seen.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Sheev a Private Message Find more posts by Sheev Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

C'mon now. It's an obvious fake.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2022 05:50 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Underachiever59

Looks like a pretty high quality fake. There's a possibility it's a test-trailer, kinda like the old Battlefront III trailer that got leaked way back when. Meant more for in-house purposes than something ever meant to be seen by a public audience. But I'm still banking on it being a complete fabrication. Disney has actually been really good at trying to tie existing Star Wars lore together with their Disney+ series (look at Cobb Vanth, or Black Krrsantan, for instance). Here, there was nothing in the video actually showing any of the Knights of Ren we know. An actual Knights of Ren series would probably focus on the character Ren, as we've seen in the Rise of Kylo Ren comic, the Crimson Reign comic, and the Halloween LEGO special. The Nazgul-looking "Knight of Ren" in this faked trailer really does just scream "fan creation" to me.

Some other very obvious lore discrepancies that myself and a few other folks have picked up on:

The X-Wing is a T-65, and the Star Destroyer is an Imperial II-class, but the TIE being piloted is a First Order TIE. If there's a First Order TIE, the X-Wing should at least be a T-70, if not a T-85. The Star Destroyer as well should be a Resurgent-class.

Another big issue is the Knight of Ren piloting a TIE Fighter to begin with. The Knights of Ren were an independent group, operating outside of the First Order (but still under Palpatine's influence) until Kylo Ren took control of the group. There should be no reason for a Knight of Ren to be behind the cockpit of a TIE.

Lastly, he really shouldn't have a lightsaber, much less two. Ren is treated as the leader of the Knights of Ren, until Ben Solo kills him. And Ren is the only one who wields a lightsaber, which he treats with a sort of reverence. The lightsaber itself is also called "The Ren," and the character of Ren basically built the whole philosophy of the Knights of Ren off of that one lightsaber.

quote:
The Ren doesn't stop to worry about what it's burning or the right or wrong of it, or the goals it might achieve. The Ren just is. It lives, and it consumes, and it doesn't apologize. It is its nature and nothing else. I believe in that principle on a deep, deep level. In fact, I've dedicated my life to it.

So to have another Knight of Ren, who isn't Ren, wielding two lightsabers, just feels wildly incongruous with what has already been established for the group thus far.

Last edited by Underachiever59 on Jan 17th, 2022 at 03:42 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Underachiever59 a Private Message Find more posts by Underachiever59 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Also the fact that the KoR didn't really know much at all about proper Sith philosophy, nor did they seem interested in adopting the Sith ways. They were almost entirely untrained in the ways of the dark side(or "the shadow", as they called it)... But here the Witch King is reciting the Sith doctrine as though it's their gospel.

Based on what we know of the KoR thus far, it doesn't add up.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 17th, 2022 at 12:46 PM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2022 12:43 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Maybe it's just an early game trailer and the game itself will only have very loose ties to the canonical stuff?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 10:48 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

That's what I was thinking at first. But the end of the trailer has the Disney+ logo.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2022 12:50 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Pablo Hidalgo confirmed it’s fake

Old Post Jan 19th, 2022 02:07 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Fake and looks twenty times better than anything we've gotten from Knights of Ren laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 24th, 2022 10:43 AM
Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bedabing
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sheev
If it's fake, it's one of the most impressive fakes I have ever seen.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2022 07:52 PM
Click here to Send Bedabing a Private Message Find more posts by Bedabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote