KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Starbreaker Vs Korvac

Starbreaker Vs Korvac
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Starbreaker Vs Korvac

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:23 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

IMHO, Korvac.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:35 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Wow. This may actually be a good fight for a change.

Can someone remind me: what are some of Korvac's more noteworthy feats?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Can someone remind me: what are some of Korvac's more noteworthy feats?

Offensively? He beat down the East and West Coast Avengers, he's beaten the Fantastic Four + Original Guardians of the Galaxy, fought Keeper Surfer and the Guardians, you get the idea. He one shotted Collector BUT that version of the Collector was a geriatric with a heart condition (I'm not kidding, you can look it up yourself).

Defesively? He's hidden himself from the great powers of the universe : Watcher, Eternity, etc...

It should be noted that Kruggar (31st Century Sorcerer Supreme) 'one shotted' him by forcing him into a dimension where his powers didn't work or something.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 07:56 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Does he have any feats to suggest that Starbreaker couldn't drain his energy?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Does he have any feats to suggest that Starbreaker couldn't drain his energy?

Because Korvac himself is an elite energy drainer. Magic, EM spectrum, etc... he can drain it.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:12 PM
krisblaze

Liking Korvac for this thumb up

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:13 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It would be interesting, then.

Starbreaker's feats sound similar -- what with ragdolling teams of very powerful characters and whathaveyou. As for energy absorption: Starbreaker was capable of draining Dharma... And Dharma was powerful enough to recreate the entire Milestone universe and merge it with the mainstream DCU... Without anyone knowing.

That said, Dharma is obviously far more powerful than Starbreaker. That feat just illustrates how unbounded his absorption abilities are.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:21 PM
Senor Cage

It would be interesting, then.

Starbreaker's feats sound similar -- what with ragdolling teams of very powerful characters and whathaveyou. As for energy absorption: Starbreaker was capable of draining Dharma... And Dharma was powerful enough to recreate the entire Milestone universe and merge it with the mainstream DCU... Without anyone knowing.

That said, Dharma is obviously far more powerful than Starbreaker. That feat just illustrates how unbounded his absorption abilities are.

Yeah, didn't it require Zatanna going all out to stop him?

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:35 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Iirc she tried to erase him but only KOed him. Starbreaker wins

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 08:57 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zack M
Yeah, didn't it require Zatanna going all out to stop him?
She packed all of her power into a single spell that was intended to erase him from existence... It barely had an effect at all.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2016 09:13 PM
operator616

Both are on the same level when it comes to energy absorption, although it could be argued that Starbreaker is more susceptible to energy siphoning. However, his susceptibility is counteracted by his ability to be empowered by negative emotional energy (which is what empowers him mostly). SB will empower himself with Korvac's negative emotional energy which will give him the edge to defeat him. That's how I see this going.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2016 02:22 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by operator616
Both are on the same level when it comes to energy absorption, although it could be argued that Starbreaker is more susceptible to energy siphoning. However, his susceptibility is counteracted by his ability to be empowered by negative emotional energy (which is what empowers him mostly). SB will empower himself with Korvac's negative emotional energy which will give him the edge to defeat him. That's how I see this going.
On the other hand, Korvac after his transcendence wasn't someone like Starbreaker who is out to kill, absorb, destroy etc. He was a man on a mission with a grand vision of a united universe with uplifted inhabitants. He genuinely regretted having to kill some of the Avengers, and in his dying moments he used the last of his power to revive them, even though they destroyed his plans. Okay some of the later writers somewhat messed the character up with lesser stories - but he wasn't really an evil, negative guy in the classic arc.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 02:30 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by basilisk
On the other hand, Korvac after his transcendence wasn't someone like Starbreaker who is out to kill, absorb, destroy etc. He was a man on a mission with a grand vision of a united universe with uplifted inhabitants. He genuinely regretted having to kill some of the Avengers, and in his dying moments he used the last of his power to revive them, even though they destroyed his plans. Okay some of the later writers somewhat messed the character up with lesser stories - but he wasn't really an evil, negative guy in the classic arc.

He doesn't have to be evil to feel negative emotions. The starbreaker was feeding on the negative emotions of the JLA, for instance. In the original Korvac saga, Korvac still felt emotions such as anger and rage:

http://imgur.com/8obQTEu

which is what Starbreaker feeds upon. Also Starbreaker is not like the avengers or the GOTG (aka super heroes), so Korvac won't have any compassion for him like he did for them. And even then, by virtue of being the enemy, Michael will instantly have negative feelings towards him which will only empower starbreaker; I mean, remind me again what he did to the collector when he found out his plot against? it sure wasn't compassion.....and the same can be said about The Korvac Quest (which is the same version of Korvac). the only way to avoid this is if Michael actually knows SB's weakness - positive emotional energy -- which he won't.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 09:31 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

On the one hand, it looked like an even match.

Golgo, you're getting better.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2016 09:39 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

Starbreaker

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2019 10:31 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote