KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

Well I had no idea this was in the works.

I admit I kind of wish it was a live-action re-do of the 90s version.. lol.

But at least I'm pretty sure my kids will love this.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2022 11:44 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Jack Black seems pretty fun as Bowser as expected, but Chris Pratt as Mario is as miscast as they come. If Pratt is the weakest link though and the other cast are pretty on point with their characters, this still has the potential to be decent.

Just mostly off put by how films like this nowadays rely more on star power than a voice actor that has the range to play certain characters. Jack Black has plenty VA experience, with this being a real attempt at Bowser, while Mario is just Chris Pratt playing Chris Pratt.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2022 12:56 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Watch it in French if you want to listen to a real Mario voice.

https://twitter.com/YongYea/status/1578128716835696640

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2022 01:05 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Yeah that voice actor sounds alot better then Chris Pratt.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2022 01:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well I had no idea this was in the works.

I admit I kind of wish it was a live-action re-do of the 90s version.. lol.

But at least I'm pretty sure my kids will love this.

I mean, you just can't improve on perfection. 🐸

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2022 01:18 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Holy shit! I'm shocked. This looks legitimately great. The animation is fantastic. As are the designs.

Not sold on Chris Pratt yet, but that may simply be because I'm too used to the iconic Mario voice.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2022 02:23 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

gonna pass

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 7th, 2022 03:52 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I’ll give it a go, yo. thumb up

In the meantime…:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 9th, 2022 12:53 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

This will make assloads of money.

Disney will be pissed.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2022 03:59 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Couldn't see why they couldn't of gotten Charles Martinet for Mario, But apparently i hear he's okay with the change of voice actor.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2022 05:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Of course he'll say he's okay with it. Wouldn't wanna compromise his position as Mario in the games. Chris Pratt is Hollywood & Nintendo's decision together, they have this idea movie audiences never care who plays who, it's [insert famous actor] y'all which is dumb here because Mario is about as timeless as Mickey Mouse. Everyone by now knows how he sounds.

If nothing else, they could pay Chris' contract in full and replace his voice with the French Mario actor's.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2022 09:13 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
gonna pass

Can't see it topping the awesome Sonic movies?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2022 09:44 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Of course he'll say he's okay with it. Wouldn't wanna compromise his position as Mario in the games. Chris Pratt is Hollywood & Nintendo's decision together, they have this idea movie audiences never care who plays who, it's [insert famous actor] y'all which is dumb here because Mario is about as timeless as Mickey Mouse. Everyone by now knows how he sounds.

If nothing else, they could pay Chris' contract in full and replace his voice with the French Mario actor's.

Well yeah...of course its Hollywood. They don't who care who's been voicing said character for so many years

they're only going for the razzle dazzle actor's who would be good for the character's.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2022 11:48 PM
Impediment
Endless

I love Charles Martinet but a 90 minute movie with an actual dialogue with his voice, as opposed to video game voice clips, would be massive overkill.

I’m still super stoked for this.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 13th, 2022 12:42 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Good point. There's a reason the games just have grunt or throw out the occasional catch phrase.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2022 08:43 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by playa1258
This will make assloads of money.

Disney will be pissed.

Yeah, my kids saw me watching the trailer and their eyes just about popped out of the heads. My son said, "I LOVE THIS MOVIE!"

Old Post Oct 15th, 2022 12:42 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by cdtm
Can't see it topping the awesome Sonic movies?

Or he just liked how "mature" Paramount Halo was but found Mario too kiddy? It getting a 2nd season by the way is atrocious. Any other show adaptation that bad would've been cancelled after the first season, but there must've been a contract for Halo to have two seasons to begin with.

Far as the Sonic movies, the nods they have to the games are fun and are good for video game films, but the need to shoehorn in the random human family and stuff still holds them back as an accurate adaptation... Which honestly is one thing this Mario has going for him, so far.

If this film is by chance better than even Sonic 1, Sonic fans won't accept or admit it of course. This film will make lots of money regardless though; Illumination films usually have, despite being shit before, but I hope this one actually has consistent quality to it. The trailer seemed promising for the most part, so one can hope.

Originally posted by ares834
Good point. There's a reason the games just have grunt or throw out the occasional catch phrase.

They still could've had an Italian actor at least like they did for Luigi here. Pratt was chosen simply because he would be a big name to have as the lead, not because he would be a good fit.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2022 01:19 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I’m 42 and this trailer made me feel 5 years old again for the briefest of moments.

This looks absolutely incredible.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 29th, 2022 10:53 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

thumb up

This looks like it will be a lot of fun.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2022 11:13 PM
riv6672

Ha! That looks great!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2022 12:29 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote