KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » WW, how invulnerable is she actually?

WW, how invulnerable is she actually?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

WW, how invulnerable is she actually?

Where's she rank, on this list of characters i pulled out my butt?

Orion
Luke Cage
Etrigan
Sasquatch
Lobo
Colossus
Citizen Steel
Ben Grimm
Invincible
Captain Britain

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:23 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Her invulnerability is just weird.

If a bullet can pierce you but a punch from Superman barely leaves a bruise, that would imply that the bullet is creating more pressure than Supes' fist.

Obviously that's not the case and makes no real life sense.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:26 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

It's obvious really.

She's a woman, and she vulnerable to piercing shifty

Old Post Nov 18th, 2017 11:28 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet

If a bullet can pierce you but a punch from Superman barely leaves a bruise, that would imply that the bullet is creating more pressure than Supes' fist.

Obviously that's not the case and makes no real life sense.

Yeah, i've always thought it odd.

So, if anyone cares to, compare to anyone on the list, rank her on the list, just anything to give an idea where she stands.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 05:56 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Blunt Force is on Orion level.
Piercing is on Sasquash level.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 06:10 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Wonder Woman is trapped by her own convention. Marston didn't want just a female version of Superman, standing there with bullets bouncing off her chest (heh). So blocking bullets with bracelets became WW's defining signature move, and writers have simply had to work around that with regard to other means of her being harmed.

It's like with Surfer: he has all those friggin powers yet still uses the board to fly (indeed, he generally falls when knocked off). Why? Because this is his signature look, and if he flew without it, he wouldn't be *surfing*.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 02:13 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 02:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by SquallX
It's obvious really.

She's a woman, and she vulnerable to piercing shifty

I wonder if that's what they thought when they created the character? hmmm

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 03:26 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Can Wonder Woman's skin be penetrated by high caliber ammunition, without any magical gear being present on, or near her?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 03:49 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 04:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^thanks!!!

Originally posted by Mindship
Wonder Woman is trapped by her own convention. Marston didn't want just a female version of Superman, standing there with bullets bouncing off her chest (heh). So blocking bullets with bracelets became WW's defining signature move, and writers have simply had to work around that with regard to other means of her being harmed.

It's like with Surfer: he has all those friggin powers yet still uses the board to fly (indeed, he generally falls when knocked off). Why? Because this is his signature look, and if he flew without it, he wouldn't be *surfing*.

^^^and thanks. I like how you worded that.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 05:49 PM
SquallX

Originally posted by Stoic
I wonder if that's what they thought when they created the character? hmmm

Remember Marsten, her creator was a freak.

He literally based Diana on his mistress. That's why when you tie her hands, she lost all her powers. Marsten was a known bondage freak. Him and his wife and mistress live that type of life, and he created Diana to reflect that aspect of his life.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 08:03 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^and thanks. I like how you worded that.
I had written this response once before, years ago. Practice.

Originally posted by leonidas
thumb up
smile

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 09:41 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by CosmicComet

Magic is weird, period.

Lobo and Langkowski are comparable to Diana when it comes to the piercing durability department.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2017 09:43 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Dont recall seeing Sasquatch pierced before.
I guess it makes sense him being furry and all.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 04:40 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by riv6672
Dont recall seeing Sasquatch pierced before.
I guess it makes sense him being furry and all.

Sabretooth: Open Season mini. He gets shot a lot there.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 08:10 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^not doubting you, just saying furry characters are more apt to be drawn bleeding than say, metallic or stone.
Pretty dramaric imagery.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 10:54 AM
-K-M-

Sasquatch can be pierced. But Open Season was pretty badly written. That was the same issue sabretooth killed Wendigo. Prior to Sasquatch being shot he was beating sabretooth and then fell into a pit of wooden spikes that impaled and seriously damaged him.....yeah

While in other stories Sasquatch was said to be able to take armour piercing machine gun fire and be fine. Comic consistency

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:11 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by -K-M-
Sasquatch can be pierced. But Open Season was pretty badly written. That was the same issue sabretooth killed Wendigo. Prior to Sasquatch being shot he was beating sabretooth and then fell into a pit of wooden spikes that impaled and seriously damaged him.....yeah

While in other stories Sasquatch was said to be able to take armour piercing machine gun fire and be fine. Comic consistency

I agree; i wasnt looking to get into it with Stilt of all ppl, on that, though.
Badly written, but it works in the context of this thread.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2017 11:22 AM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I think Diana's durability is a bit overrated, and something that is generally not mentioned in debates concerning her, and I'm not talking about her piercing durability.

Her bracelets notwithstanding, it's not really one of her strongest points, and one of the areas where she's below most top heralds.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Nov 21st, 2017 07:32 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote