KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » DDM, I dunno man..

DDM, I dunno man..
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

DDM, I dunno man..

Remember that set of numbers I kept seeing, and you said it's nothing, it just seems worse then it is because I'm looking for it?

Other day, a laptop sent from QVC had ram with those same three numbers.

Today, two Chinese fishing calls, last three digits were the three numbers.

A random Google search about five days ago turns up those three numbers.

All told, I think in a week, those digits popped up at least five times (Counting the Corona page)

What are the odds?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:23 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

our universe is littered with coincidence. if you were always looking for another set of numbers, they would have turned up as well. however you missed them all because you weren't looking for those other numbers

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:26 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ButtSurt
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Remember that set of numbers I kept seeing, and you said it's nothing, it just seems worse then it is because I'm looking for it?

All told, I think in a week, those digits popped up at least five times (Counting the Corona page)

What are the odds?

I don't understand, is this some "The Number 23" type of thing?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:32 PM
ButtSurt is currently offline Click here to Send ButtSurt a Private Message Find more posts by ButtSurt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ButtSurt
Restricted

Account Restricted

CDTM have you ever seen the documentary series Hellier? It's all about synchronicities, etc.

It's on youtube for free. Also on amazon prime.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:35 PM
ButtSurt is currently offline Click here to Send ButtSurt a Private Message Find more posts by ButtSurt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ButtSurt
I don't understand, is this some "The Number 23" type of thing?

Nope.

DDM knows what I'm talking about (And I bet Teg does, too. And much appreciated, sometimes you just need to hear it. thumb up )

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:36 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ButtSurt
Restricted

Account Restricted

Okay but why not explain :/

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:41 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

There was something semi-related on an NPR show like 10 years ago. might have been radio lab. It described an exercise/experiment, the point of which was to show that our perception of normal odds can actually be the most wildly speculative.

In this exercise, participants were first told to imagine a series of coin flips, and list every result. typically people would keep it ordered. "heads, tails, tails, heads, tails, heads, heads, tails [...]. because a coin toss is 50/50 chance, that's what they expect to see.

Then the participants were told to flip a real coin and document the results. in all cases, extensive coincidences always happened. 4,5,6,7,8(Etc) consective flips with the same side turning up.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 20th, 2020 at 12:04 AM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:50 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ButtSurt
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:52 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(And I bet Teg does, too.

I only deduced that you were hung up on some reoccurring numeric coincidence.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2020 11:54 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
There was something semi-related on an NPR show like 10 years ago. might have been radio lab. It described an exercise/experiment, the point of which was to show that our perception of normal odds can actually be the most wildly speculative.

In this exercise, participants were first told to imagine a series of coin flips, and list every result. typically people would keep it ordered. "heads, tails, tails, heads, tails, heads, heads, tails [...]. because a coin toss is 50/50 chance, that's what they expect to see.

Then the participants were told to flip a real coin and document the results. in all cases, extensive coincidences always happened. 4,5,6,7,8(Etc) convective flips with the same side turning up.
Actually, because of the way a coin is formed, the weight is distributed more to the heads side, meaning it will have more priority in landing on that side so go for tails!

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:03 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ButtSurt
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is coin collecting a hobby of yours

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:05 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Blakemore
Actually, because of the way a coin is formed, the weight is distributed more to the heads side, meaning it will have more priority in landing on that side so go for tails!

true, but that plays further into the illusion of ordered chance. You'll still get the same results. Try it. do 50 flips. if you don't see at least one 5-in-row streak of tails, I'll eat crow.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:07 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

No.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:07 AM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
true, but that plays further into the illusion of ordered chance. You'll still get the same results. Try it. do 50 flips. if you don't see at least one 5-in-row streak of tails, I'll eat crow.
There's also the factor of flipping it onto the back of your other hand, which I always thought was a dick move.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:08 AM
ButtSurt
Restricted

Account Restricted

My cottage in indiana has train tracks right behind the backyard and as a kid we would put coins on the tracks to flatten

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:10 AM
Artol

What are the odds?

Is it 420...?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 12:24 AM
Artol is currently offline Click here to Send Artol a Private Message Find more posts by Artol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's also the factor of flipping it onto the back of your other hand, which I always thought was a dick move.

Hate that. We all know what you're doing, you insult both of us.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 01:17 AM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also I'm too lazy to flip a coin 50 times in a row.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 01:21 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

you don't have to because you know it's true wink

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 01:27 AM
Surtaki1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Also I'm too lazy to flip a coin 50 times in a row.

Make a drinking game out of it

Old Post Dec 20th, 2020 01:28 AM
Surtaki1 is currently offline Click here to Send Surtaki1 a Private Message Find more posts by Surtaki1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote