KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Aquaman(2018)

Aquaman(2018)
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Aquaman(2018)

Well there isn't a thread dedicated to the Aquaman film to be released in 2018 with Jason Mamoa as the title character so here it is.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 03:19 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Mamoa talks about the role a little:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/34...uaman-in-brazil

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 03:20 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

i'll pass, however if he gets me to change my mind after seeing him in action prior to his solo film then i will see

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 05:33 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hope momoa knocks it out of the park

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 06:02 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Can't wait to see the lineup on this one. The director/writer, etc...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 08:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Is mamoa going to bleach his hair?

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 03:48 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Is mamoa going to bleach his hair?

Hope they do him a makeover. But I doubt it.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 04:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Hope they do him a makeover. But I doubt it.

i hope he has taken acting classes... embarrasment ...either that or they'll have his voice electronically altered embarrasment eek!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2014 07:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abu-Bactr

I am intrigued.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2014 08:04 AM
Abu-Bactr is currently offline Click here to Send Abu-Bactr a Private Message Find more posts by Abu-Bactr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

So, according to the emails that were hacked, Jeff Nichols is the possible director for Aquaman. Interesting choice.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=57780

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 11:09 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Golgo13
So, according to the emails that were hacked, Jeff Nichols is the possible director for Aquaman. Interesting choice.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=57780

He could do a good job. I haven't seen any of his work though, so I'm not that sure.

I would've personally gone for someone with a proven track record, like Paul Greengrass.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 01:01 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Firefly218
He could do a good job. I haven't seen any of his work though, so I'm not that sure.

I would've personally gone for someone with a proven track record, like Paul Greengrass.

He's one of the better young directors under 40. Watch Mud with Matthew McConaughey. One of the better films that year. Take Shelter was just as good, too.

I doubt he'll do it, because he already has turned down a blockbuster to do small movies.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 01:30 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not sure i believe the hacked emails... will try to watch some of this dudes work though but that isn't a high priority at the moment

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 05:02 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'd like to give this a shot but BvS has to be amazing imo or else WB should wrap it up

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 06:11 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It has to be good and from the looks of it, it will be. MOS weakness was from the script and they just hired an Oscar worthy screen writer. It doesn't have to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. Just good.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 07:20 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Imo BvS has to be amazing in order to sell the Suicide squad.

It's not a DC thing, if Avengers 2 is boring Antman is screwed though it has some wiggle room based on the track record.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 07:27 PM
Senor Cage

I'm sure it will be a hit. A lot of people liked MOS (Showed in the DVD/Blue Ray sales) and SS has Joker which will be a guaranteed hit. And Will Smith who does well overseas (even his stinkers do well overseas). I'm predicting big money for SS.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 07:40 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I'm sure it will draw money, but I'm worried about staying power and the forced schedule. I mean I KNOW they could change it, but it will certainly look bad if they can't get through phase 1 without hiccups.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 09:03 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by pym-ftw
I'm sure it will draw money, but I'm worried about staying power and the forced schedule. I mean I KNOW they could change it, but it will certainly look bad if they can't get through phase 1 without hiccups.

Well every studio including Marvel has hiccups. TIH underperformed in their Phase I.

But yeah Marvel's given us the Best and Quintessential track record for comic book heroes. They have 2 Billion dollar franchises and another 2 potential Billion dollar franchises. They've honestly changed cinema becoming the biggest brand name for movies.

So it's not like DC have to match their record to succeed. That's kinda an impossible target right now anyway. It's like Pepsi. They don't have to Beat Coke (this was their original mission statement) to be a big ass success themselves.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 09:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Well every studio including Marvel has hiccups. TIH underperformed in their Phase I.

But yeah Marvel's given us the Best and Quintessential track record for comic book heroes. They have 2 Billion dollar franchises and another 2 potential Billion dollar franchises. They've honestly changed cinema becoming the biggest brand name for movies.

So it's not like DC have to match their record to succeed. That's kinda an impossible target right now anyway. It's like Pepsi. They don't have to Beat Coke (this was their original mission statement) to be a big ass success themselves.

DC's on track to break that record. MOS made more money than most of Marvel Studios, including the first 2 Iron Man's. Suicide Squad will definitely make more than Incredible Hulk, and Batman V Superman will do more than MOS.

Then we have WW, Aquaman, the future Batman movies, Superman movies, etc...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2014 09:37 PM