KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Steven Universe

Steven Universe
Started by: XanatosForever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Steven Universe

Latest of the 15 minute block style of animations produced by Cartoon Network nowadays. Created by Rebecca Sugar, who worked on Adventure Time before this.

quote:
Wikipedia
In Steven Universe, the world is protected from evil threats by the Crystal Gems, a group of intergalactic female warriors who use the power of special gem stones embedded on their bodies to summon magical weapons. Joining the cool-headed Garnet, the laid back Amethyst, and the gentle Pearl, all teenage girls, is the unlikely fourth member of the team; the eponymous Steven, a young boy who inherited a gem stone from his mother, a Crystal Gem named Rose Quartz. As Steven tries to figure out the secrets to using his gem, he spends his days in Beach City doing activities with the other Crystal Gems, whether it's helping them save the universe or just hanging out.

The overall lore caught my attention, and I've seen the first five or so episodes in the hopes of that being expanded. So far only bits and pieces, but I'll keep track of it for now.

Anyone else see this?

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Nov 21st, 2013 11:25 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I have. Its good.

Stevens a little annoying. But I like the other characters.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 12:02 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Have a favorite Gem yet? I think I'm getting a crush on Garnet.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 12:30 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Garnet is pretty boss. She's my fav. I like all the Gems though. Pearl pulls the best faces and Amethyst is a cool chick.

I also really like the Frybo kid though. Man, that kid is way to young to already understand life so much.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 02:24 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Garnet is awesome yes. I want them to eventually elaborate more on Steven's mom, and how he ended up with a Gem.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 02:48 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
Yeah, Garnet is pretty boss. She's my fav. I like all the Gems though. Pearl pulls the best faces and Amethyst is a cool chick.

I also really like the Frybo kid though. Man, that kid is way to young to already understand life so much.

Yeah, Frybo kid was mad wise.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Garnet is awesome yes. I want them to eventually elaborate more on Steven's mom, and how he ended up with a Gem.

I think she has a rather lovely singing voice, too.

Didn't his dad mention that she transcended her physical form to birth Steven? I figure the gem was part of that process.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 07:09 AM
KingD19

Yeah. I love her voice, and also yes, she became pure energy or what have you to birth Steven. But I meant more as the why. Was him being born automatically making him the next gem? Etc, etc,...

Also...this song. It's so deep.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 02:09 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

(please log in to view the image)

It makes sense why Garnet is so awesome to me now. And her VA is a rapper/singer.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2013 08:22 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I like cats, but [SPOILER - highlight to read]: having them form from my body is a bit much, even for me.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2013 09:16 PM
KingD19

That made me gag near the end.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2013 05:46 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Steven's pretty clever. Not sure I could come up with a song about a giant woman. The musical accompaniment in this show, I'm really enjoying it.

And then I watched the latest episode...HOLY CRAP, THAT WAS TERRIFYING! Just...[SPOILER - highlight to read]: thinking yourself into old age rapidly like that. The concepts that this show brings up are pretty out there sometimes.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2014 09:56 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Steven's a good kid. He really is, he's growing on me.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 12:16 PM
starryknight

He's such a sweet kid and probably my fav followed by Pearl. Steven has a well of sadness in him but choose to look at the happier side of life.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2014 05:58 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

I would like Pearl, but she's just a little too stuck up for me to really appreciate her. I hope all the gems can get some decent character development. They do a damn good job of showing how much they all care about Steven, though.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2014 12:50 AM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Highlight of the episode was the Scrooge McDuck reference. That was just awesome.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 05:59 AM
KingD19

What the f*ck Onion? And yeah, as soon as she asked he pulled out the line and it hit me.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:27 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

(please log in to view the image)

Does this look like the face of mercy?!

Old Post Mar 18th, 2014 08:35 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

New day and time for the show. Pretty vicious episode.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:17 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

New episodes coming out soon on the Thursday block. I'm personally excited to see its return, and looking forward to what tidbits I've heard about. Especially Garnet and Amehyst's fusion, which is apparently going to be voiced by Nicki Minaj?

Last edited by XanatosForever on Aug 17th, 2014 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Aug 17th, 2014 09:00 PM
NemeBro

Watch the show on and off occasionally (Mostly with my sister, who loves it), and it's pretty decent. Pearl is best gem fite me.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2014 01:05 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote