KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » How is Bloomberg different than Trump?

How is Bloomberg different than Trump?
Started by: BrolyBlack

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

How is Bloomberg different than Trump?

Besides being richer, if that matters to voters.

Link

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 06:17 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Personality. Which party he now belongs to.

Not a fan of Bloomberg.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 11:50 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stringer

Slavery

"Ushgarak has never had a Tiny bit of sex, have you?"

Old Post Feb 15th, 2020 11:53 PM
Stringer is currently offline Click here to Send Stringer a Private Message Find more posts by Stringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Personality. Which party he now belongs to.

Not a fan of Bloomberg.

Right. That's about it. Though Bloomberg is a dick, as well, just no where near as rude as Trump.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 12:07 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Right. That's about it. Though Bloomberg is a dick, as well, just no where near as rude as Trump.

Trump is rude? eek!

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 12:32 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm
Trump is rude? eek!

lol

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 12:47 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol

If you want to see a real laugh:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...-match/10803148

Is anyone even talking about her anymore? Even to attack her?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 12:53 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by cdtm
If you want to see a real laugh:

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019...-match/10803148

Is anyone even talking about her anymore? Even to attack her?

Oh boy...

That's just sad, the whole article.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 12:54 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

just no where near as rude as Trump.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/202...-wit-and-wisdom

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 02:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pretty sure Bloomberg supports mass infantacide as pretty much all democrats do. Trump doesn't. That's the biggest and most important difference to me.

Also important is that Bloomberg probably (though I'm not sure on this) is for even more gun control and probably open borders as well.

In short, he's a democrat and Trump is a republican so... yep, Trump gets my vote easily.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Feb 16th, 2020 07:31 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

One other thing... I watch a lot of You Tube videos and I'm sick of seeing Blomberg lying campaign ads constantly shoved in my face when I try watching a video.

All the channels I watch are either right-leaning, neutral, or non-political yet I still see a constant stream of Bloomberg ads (of course I always fast forward past them when I can & when I can't I simply mute my television while the ad plays).

I haven't seen a campaign ad for anyone else, including Trump, in a while. I heard that Bloomberg has spent over $400 million on his campaign so far which, as far as I know, is more than anyone else has ever spent and we've still got a ways to go in the election cycle.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 12:11 AM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I almost wanna see Bloomberg get the nom. Remember all their whining that trump is racist and sexist? Remember all their whining about billionaires?

I would love love loooove to see them justify voting for a racist sexist billionaire lol.

Bloomberg said 90-95% of killers are minorities. The Atlantic wrote an article defending it as not racist. Fair enough. Hey, who is willing to say they'd give trump or any republican the same treatment for saying the same thing?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:44 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

As a NYC school psychologist, I worked under Bloomberg when he was trying to systematically dismantle the public school system by deliberately setting up schools for failure. He is nigh as much an authoritarian as Trump, and was often referred to as "Emperor" or "King" during his reign (which he extended into an unprecedented 3rd term by promoting a change to city law ... he was also a Republican at this time: Bloomberg changes parties like regular folk change socks).

My wife and I almost threw up in our mouths when he announced his run. So for us, if he became the nominee, it would be a matter of choosing between the lesser of the evils (would you rather be shot once or twice?). At least he acknowledges climate change and is for sensible gun control, and overall plays the political game better than Trump. He's also smarter, richer (no doubt this annoys Cheeto-D), and being a Jewish white male, he'd piss-off the extremes of both sides smile .

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Feb 17th, 2020 at 10:57 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:52 AM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I did kinda chuckle at his "if jesus was a jew why is his name puerto rican" joke.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 10:53 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bloomberg apparently is in trouble for remarks about not just farmers, but factory workers too lol

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 17th, 2020 at 12:09 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 12:04 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What he said about farmers that has gotten bipartisan complains:

"Bloomberg’s 2016 comments during a sit-down discussion at Oxford’s Said Business School gained attention after a Twitter account with the handle, Pete Mentes, posted a one-minute snippet of the former New York City mayor — who has never farmed — claiming “I could teach anybody in this room” to be a farmer.

“It’s a process,” he went on to say, referring to the agrarian economy 300 years ago, “you dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on to, add water, up comes the corn.” He then said working in the modern information economy is “fundamentally different, because it’s built around replacing people with technology and the skill sets you need to learn are how to think and analyze and that is a whole degree level different, you need to have different skill set, you have to have a lot more gray matter.”

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 12:13 PM
snowdragon

quote:
What he said about farmers that has gotten bipartisan complains:

"Bloomberg’s 2016 comments during a sit-down discussion at Oxford’s Said Business School gained attention after a Twitter account with the handle, Pete Mentes, posted a one-minute snippet of the former New York City mayor — who has never farmed — claiming “I could teach anybody in this room” to be a farmer.

“It’s a process,” he went on to say, referring to the agrarian economy 300 years ago, “you dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on to, add water, up comes the corn.” He then said working in the modern information economy is “fundamentally different, because it’s built around replacing people with technology and the skill sets you need to learn are how to think and analyze and that is a whole degree level different, you need to have different skill set, you have to have a lot more gray matter.”

Lulz, I love how this guy thinks........wallstreet should be the first place AI replaces jobs so we save alot of money and force those "analytical" thinkers into jobs that actually produce somethingsmile

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 12:24 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bloomberg asked a pregnant employee if she was gonna "kill it". Also when finding out a male employee was getting married said all the females should line up and blow him.

I mean...kinda sounds worse than shit Trump said about women lol.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 01:09 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

“If you rich they let you do whatever you want”

Very tame vs Bloomberg’s comments

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 03:05 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

A link to the entire document, you see someone compiled a bunch of shit he said as a gift for his birthday, lol:

https://context-cdn.washingtonpost....584c.pdf#page=1

A link to his comments about lining up to blow a dude:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...loomberg-women/

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 17th, 2020 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2020 03:40 PM