KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Not a fan of lord of the rings

Not a fan of lord of the rings
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DeNiro

Not a fan of lord of the rings

ok i have seen the lord of the rings and thought that it was a decent movie. But for some reason i just cant figure out y people talk about this movie like it is god. It must be u got to really like scifi and **** to like this movie. i mean the matrix 1 and 2 i thought where ****** awesome and some people dont like it i think maybe that u just got to be into the things u watch.. but does anyone like the movie for other reasons that they read the books or r scifi "geeks." is there anyone that liked the movie becasue there was some decent action in it and that it should be recognized for how hard it was to make????

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jul 4th, 2003 at 10:35 AM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2003 11:56 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

i like lord of the rings alot more then matrix. matrix is too preachy for me. lord of the rings just tells a great story with great characters without trying to over analyze things. its a simple yet comlex set of movies that anyone can sit down and watch without wanting to hear passages out of the bible.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 12:55 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I love LOTR and the Matrix but i know what u mean, just because i like he movie i dont have to start a thread about every single thing and aspect of the movie but i see LOTR as more of an adventure than Sci-Fi and i like Matrix because im into computers, i like computer movies no matter how dumb they are

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 01:12 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

i love LOTR a lot better than the matrix... reloaded sucked they're trying way too hard w/ the special effects and forgetting about ahving a good story.......

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 06:18 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LOTRCRAZYGIRL

I AGREE WITH CHICA16,

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 07:14 AM
LOTRCRAZYGIRL is currently offline Click here to Send LOTRCRAZYGIRL a Private Message Find more posts by LOTRCRAZYGIRL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

I really liked reloaded but it aint no LOTR.

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 10:18 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VampirePrincess
Moon Child

Well I always think you have to be into fantasy to order to understand or like the film more then just saying it is good. Like myself I am into fantasy... I gues you can say I am a nerd.

The Matrix is a diffrent movie compared to LOTR.... Very diffrent.

People seem to combine science fictions and fantasy together... But in reality they can be two totelly diffrent things.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2003 10:57 PM
VampirePrincess is currently offline Click here to Send VampirePrincess a Private Message Find more posts by VampirePrincess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mithrandir
The Grey Wanderer

its funny, i began to love lotr not with the books but with the movie. fotr brought something to me that i had never seen before. fotr showed me a similar world to our own but with its own worries and cares like ours, however, middle earth's issues were far different than ours. it showed 4 hobbits, similar to any of us, undergo dark times struggling with their task ahead of them. These four hobbits were undeniably average and nothing close to super hero material which made it personal to me, for I am sure that I nor many people in this forum are of hero statis. fotr showed me the struggles and torments of helpless hobbits as they embark on their task in their own world with its own cares and concerns.

Like Wind in the Meadows.
The days have gone down in the west.
Pella i amoni tenn' lumbule

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 02:50 AM
Mithrandir is currently offline Click here to Send Mithrandir a Private Message Find more posts by Mithrandir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kristinabrown

i never ever liked lotr until my friend MADE me go see the two towers and now theyre my favorite movies. i thought the books sucked (no offense) but i really like the matrix:reloaded, it kicked ass. but really those two are the only ones i like and i think scifi like star trek and stuff is just ******* GAY. so no, im not a scifi geek, lol, i just like lotr big grin

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 04:11 AM
kristinabrown is currently offline Click here to Send kristinabrown a Private Message Find more posts by kristinabrown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I hope we can watch the language, folks...

Meanwhile, people can like the movie for whatever reason they like, I don;t see why they should have to justify that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 10:34 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadow_angel
Torn

Everyone has different opinions. If you disagree with they're thoughts, whatever you say, I;m sure, won't change anything.
Ok that was rude, I'm sorry
*hugs to all* big grin

Old Post Jul 4th, 2003 05:26 PM
shadow_angel is currently offline Click here to Send shadow_angel a Private Message Find more posts by shadow_angel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nefertite

Smile

I like both movies and Matrix and LotR They are too different, that's way I can't say which I like more. I like movies not only because of nice actors and actress faces but becase of what they and director made.
And don't forget designers! They make a big job and it's showed only a few minutes because action is more inportant confused

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Jul 6th, 2003 10:07 AM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

LOTR was pretty hard to make-they tried to make it look how it would in the books and still they couldnt put everything in!

the matrix films are quite complex in their own way(pretty excellent sci fi movie), but its not wholly original like LOTR

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 10:17 AM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nefertite

Smile

And music, music is very important too. In LotR and in Matrix music is perfect! eek!

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Jul 7th, 2003 01:13 PM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-NuT
Seeks the Ring

who says that the LOTR isnt preachy?

The books talk about themes such as Atonement, Sacrifice, Faith, Humility and Provedence.

One could say that Tolkien (Being a Christian) was using the LOTR as examples of how to live our lives. Like a parable from the bible.

Frodo - My dear Sam.

Gollum - My Precious!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 05:03 AM
P-NuT is currently offline Click here to Send P-NuT a Private Message Find more posts by P-NuT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

LOTR just makes me happy.. haha... i really like the matrix it left me with a feeling like what the heck just happened

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2003 05:55 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote