KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » book or movie

book or movie
Started by: Adumarwen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adumarwen
Orlando's luver

Question book or movie

Which is better
the book
or
the movie?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 03:03 AM
Adumarwen is currently offline Click here to Send Adumarwen a Private Message Find more posts by Adumarwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

books, but both are the tops in there perspective field

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromė himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 06:32 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
duredhil

movie better
the vision is best

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 06:56 PM
duredhil is currently offline Click here to Send duredhil a Private Message Find more posts by duredhil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

huh?
definitley books

Old Post Jun 24th, 2003 07:25 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwen Undomiell
just wild

I can't decide which is better because movie is more interesting but in the buk are more events yes yes smile

Frodo said "Our busines is not your care"

Liv Tyler said "Oh, my God, this amazing cool breeze is coming through my window and the sun is shining. I'm happy."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 06:46 PM
Arwen Undomiell is currently offline Click here to Send Arwen Undomiell a Private Message Find more posts by Arwen Undomiell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwen Undomiell
just wild

sorry for my mistake smile , in the book

Liv Tyler said "Oh, my God, this amazing cool breeze is coming through my window and the sun is shining. I'm happy."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 06:47 PM
Arwen Undomiell is currently offline Click here to Send Arwen Undomiell a Private Message Find more posts by Arwen Undomiell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Frankly, I have read better books. The pace in them is appalling at times. Which is not to say I do not appreciate their better points.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 27th, 2003 07:56 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nefertite

Laugh Books+movies

big grin Books and movies together. big grin Ha ha ha...
First, I saw the movies and then I read the books. Movies helped me imagine better those events which were in book but weren't in movie.
love love love love love love love

Created by Godshinto

Old Post Jun 29th, 2003 05:16 AM
Nefertite is currently offline Click here to Send Nefertite a Private Message Find more posts by Nefertite Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sk8erGymnast23

they both rock in there own way

Old Post Jun 29th, 2003 04:20 PM
Sk8erGymnast23 is currently offline Click here to Send Sk8erGymnast23 a Private Message Find more posts by Sk8erGymnast23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilySatine
KMCs Hobbitess

I'd have to say both as well. Tolkien is an inspiring author, as well as brilliant. PJ held the wisdom to transform such an excellent trilogy into a movie without losing too much of Tolkiens writting.

The Poking Goddess Has Returned..again..*hiss*

Living in the shadow of someone else's dream.
Trying to find a hand to hold but every touch felt cold to me.
Living in a nightmare..a never-ending sleep.
But now that I am wide awake..my chains are finally free.
Don't feel sorry for me.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 12:07 AM
LilySatine is currently offline Click here to Send LilySatine a Private Message Find more posts by LilySatine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

books psshhh MOVIE all the way!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 02:18 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark_Queen
Mistress of Evil

you cant beat the books-but i have to say that i like Peter Jackson's movie adaptation of LOTR (even with its differences)

i think that some things in the LOTR movies can annoy a Tolkien fan, or can draw someone in for the first time(like myself!!).so im gald the movies were made

mmmm..precious..we wants it!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 02:11 PM
Dark_Queen is currently offline Click here to Send Dark_Queen a Private Message Find more posts by Dark_Queen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Excalibur

something works better in the movies, something better in the books. i like both. but the book is in that way better, that it was completely new. the movies are excellent too, but they“re not that revolutional(sp)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2003 02:21 PM
Excalibur is currently offline Click here to Send Excalibur a Private Message Find more posts by Excalibur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arwen Undomiell
just wild

I agree with Nefertite

Old Post Jul 1st, 2003 10:15 AM