KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Return of the King at Academy Awrds

Return of the King at Academy Awrds
Started by: P-NuT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
P-NuT
Seeks the Ring

Return of the King at Academy Awrds

Tolkiens ROTK is undoubtably the best of the LOTRs books, and as the previous two movies (FOTR, TTT) have been nominated for best picture at the academy awards I would surely hope top see ROTK win best motion picture. The story and characters now have so much background from the previos movies that it sets up for the conclusion perfectly. If ROTK dosent win best picture, something is wrong.

Attachment: lotr3_gollum.jpg
This has been downloaded 52 time(s).

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 05:39 AM
P-NuT is currently offline Click here to Send P-NuT a Private Message Find more posts by P-NuT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
turin

well i think there is something wrong and it wont win. it certainly deserves to win as did the others, but awards judges for some reason like the artsy films and the films that do really well at the box office ussually dont win best picture. Kind of stinks, they should listen to the people, power to the people!!!! lol

and filled with wrath and despair he mounted upon Rochallor his great horse and rode forth alone, and none might restrain him. He passed over Dor-nu-Fauglith like a wind amid the dust, and all that beheld his onset fled in amaze, thinking that Oromë himself was come: for a great madness of rage was upon him, so that his eyes shone like the eyes of the Valar.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 05:57 PM
turin is currently offline Click here to Send turin a Private Message Find more posts by turin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
undomiel
evenstar

I couldnt believe that Chicago won over the two towers

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 08:46 PM
undomiel is currently offline Click here to Send undomiel a Private Message Find more posts by undomiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I prefer the TTT book to ROTK; in fact I think ROTJ is the worst.

But in any case LOTR has been suffering at the Oscars because it is one big story split in 3, far more than, say, Star Wars is, and the Academy is wary about giving continuous awards to one story.

So ROTK is far more likely to win awards than the previous two; next year should be the LOTR year.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 9th, 2003 09:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

oh man dont get me started with the oscars and LOTR... haha, they like crap like The Hours... that's crazy I can't believe Chicago won either.. uh i just won't say anymore lol

the crownless again shall be king.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2003 02:10 AM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

Miffed LOTR at The Oscars

This should be LOTR's year to win at the oscars, c'mon now it's finally a complete story and ROTK should be the best one... if it doesn't win it's because the academy's a bunch of douches and they didn't pick it because it's a fantasy,, i can handle the excuses for it losing the past two years because they said it wasn't a "complete story" they have no excuse now.... haha... seriously i'll be mad...
mad mad mad sick mad mad mad

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 11:42 PM
chica16 is currently offline Click here to Send chica16 a Private Message Find more posts by chica16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
undomiel
evenstar

I was so mad when Chicago won over TTT

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 05:49 AM
undomiel is currently offline Click here to Send undomiel a Private Message Find more posts by undomiel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

Well the problem is that even now that it is complete story the movie it self is just 1/3 of the story. If they do give the Oscar they will be judgying the 3 movies. Kinda unfair for the others.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 11:50 AM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P-NuT
Seeks the Ring

i would like ROTK to win more oscars the FOTR. Unlike when star wars won 6 oscars in a new hope then didnt win any more (tell me if i am wrong) for the remaining two, i want the ROTK to win at least 5 oscars. Peter jackson has earnt at least one best director and one best film.

Frodo - My dear Sam.

Gollum - My Precious!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 02:54 PM
P-NuT is currently offline Click here to Send P-NuT a Private Message Find more posts by P-NuT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chica16
chica

peter jackson deserves best director.... he didn't even get nominated this year.... i know some people are pissed off at him but he's definetely better than the other directors up for it..
i guess it doesn't really matter though cause in 10 years i'll still like lord of the rings and i won't remember what got best picture of 2002 or anything like that

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 07:25 PM
Another_Smithy

Yeah Chicago was pretty poopy in terms of even being a movie...just because it was a musical. LOTR will have some competition with Matrix Revolutions too, I hope both do well.

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 05:59 AM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Merged threads- do try and look out for topics that are already being discussed when making new threads.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 12:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote