KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Official Nightwing Thread

Official Nightwing Thread
Started by: CaptainInsano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sandman26
old but new

nah he changed to nightwing cuz he didn't like living in bruces shadow and just started to get fed up so he travelled the world trying to find a way to find "peace" or somthing and learned so many fighting styles it was amazing and on one of his travels he came across some monks who needed his help and got the suit from them there's somthin special about the suit that i can't remember though.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 02:17 AM
sandman26 is currently offline Click here to Send sandman26 a Private Message Find more posts by sandman26 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kofmaster
Dealer wins not your game

oh kool thanks you guys i didn't know that lol ^.^

We hide behind the crimson door..

Old Post Dec 14th, 2003 10:20 AM
kofmaster is currently offline Click here to Send kofmaster a Private Message Find more posts by kofmaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

what special about his suit

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Dec 16th, 2003 12:53 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade_Eyes
High Hard one

I have always liked the Idea of nightwing. There is definint dynamic there between Bats and NW, very like to a father son relationship that is strained.
Dad wants him to be like him or better but want to be in control. Son Wants to be himself but better than dad.

Good stuff.
Dick has some natural ability that he honed in teh circus, added to that is what he leaned about combat and critical thinking form Bruce.

I really wich they woud both get over themselves. and work together more. I also thin Dick needs more gadgets.

BTW I used to read the Dethstroke series I never read anough of the NW one to come accross the connection. I always though he was a Kind of good guy. I don know he is Old.

Whats the deal with that?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2003 03:13 PM
Jade_Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Jade_Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Jade_Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypester
Not as Hype as I'd like

Nightwing can be a bit cooler sometimes... His style has a lot more flair to it and he outclasses batman in agility and acrobatics without question. Batman cannot flip like Nightwing does (nor does he need to)...

He doesn't have a symbol because he doesn't work like bruce... he works on pure street cred, not on superstition and fear like Batman does... also he's not nearly as Batman-like as Midnighter or Black Panther or (name some Batmany people)... he doesn't have powers like batman and he uses martial arts like batman, but Green Arrow and every other action movie hero do the same thing.

Nightwing isn't anymore Batman-like than Jet-Li, in my opinion (or at least, most of jet-li's characters...)

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 08:02 PM
Hypester is currently offline Click here to Send Hypester a Private Message Find more posts by Hypester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade_Eyes
High Hard one

quote:
Originally posted by Hypester
he doesn't have powers like batman and he uses martial arts like batman, but Green Arrow and every other action movie hero do the same thing.

Batman Doesn't have powers...
What r you talking about?

Old Post Dec 29th, 2003 02:59 PM
Jade_Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Jade_Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Jade_Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hypester
Not as Hype as I'd like

edit: nightwing doesn't have powers just like batman doesn't have powers...

Nightwing uses martial arts like batman uses martil arts

Green Arrow, and a large number of action movie heroes also have no superhuman powers in addition to using martial arts... This does not make them batman-like...

But, to be honest, Batman DOES have powers, I mean... How else do you explain him mastering every martial art in the world by age 17?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2004 06:30 PM
Hypester is currently offline Click here to Send Hypester a Private Message Find more posts by Hypester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Searose

quote:
Originally posted by VengeanceGOD
No, Batman never fired him, as far as I know. He changed to Nightwing so that he could get to Deathstroke.

Trust me, Nightwing got fired.....he got shot by the Joker and Batman got worried about his safety, so he fired him from being Robin. What's really ironic is that it's his replacement, Jason Todd, that was actually killed as Robin.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 06:57 PM
Searose is currently offline Click here to Send Searose a Private Message Find more posts by Searose Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade_Eyes
High Hard one

quote:
Originally posted by Hypester
edit: nightwing doesn't have powers just like batman doesn't have powers...

Nightwing uses martial arts like batman uses martil arts

Green Arrow, and a large number of action movie heroes also have no superhuman powers in addition to using martial arts... This does not make them batman-like...

But, to be honest, Batman DOES have powers, I mean... How else do you explain him mastering every martial art in the world by age 17?

I think Bruce Wayne is arguably a little nuts and definitely Obsessive. I think The crazy drive enabled him to apply himself Madly to everything he does and Become superior or extraordinary at whatever he devotes himself to.

Kind of like the joker being a fruitcake also kind of allows him to be a criminal genius.
Lex Luthor doesn't have powers does he?

besides I think "mastering every martial art in the world by age 17" is a bit much. There are thousands of variations of kungfu just in China, a couple hundred versions of Karate. Then all the western fighting arts Filipino and indonesian arts.

I think you are right. If they want to stick to the idea that he mastered them all then thye HAVE to say he's not a normal Human. Just not possible.

...- . .-. -.-- / --. --- --- -.. / -.-- --- ..- -. --. / --- -. . .-.-.- / - --- / .-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. . / .- -... --- ..- - / -- . / --. --- - --- / .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- .-- .... .. - . -.. .-. .- --. --- -. ..-. .. ... - .- .-. - ... .-.-.- -.-. --- --

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 07:58 PM
Jade_Eyes
High Hard one

quote:
Originally posted by Searose
Trust me, Nightwing got fired.....he got shot by the Joker and Batman got worried about his safety, so he fired him from being Robin. What's really ironic is that it's his replacement, Jason Todd, that was actually killed as Robin.

Ok I have the deathstroke the terminator miniseries from years ago and he didn't seem like a bad guy. Was I just too young to get it or what? He's like a hundred years old or something too.

...- . .-. -.-- / --. --- --- -.. / -.-- --- ..- -. --. / --- -. . .-.-.- / - --- / .-.. . .- .-. -. / -- --- .-. . / .- -... --- ..- - / -- . / --. --- - --- / .-- .-- .-- .-.-.- .-- .... .. - . -.. .-. .- --. --- -. ..-. .. ... - .- .-. - ... .-.-.- -.-. --- --

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2004 08:06 PM
B. Banzai

Back in "The New Teen Titans" in the '80's, Terminator's son tried to become a merc like his father. Taking the name The Ravager, he accepted a contract on the Titans in exchange for being given powers similar to his father's by the criminal science group, The Hive. However, the powers were too much for his body to handle and he the powers killed him while he fought the Titans. Deathstroke took over the contract and began hunting the Titans in his son's place. With the help of Terra, he captured all but Dick. Having given up the Robin identity, Dick became Nightwing in order to track Deathstroke and free his teammates.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 04:43 PM
B. Banzai is currently offline Click here to Send B. Banzai a Private Message Find more posts by B. Banzai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mav
Can't think of one

Originally posted by Searose :

By Joker no less...

made by verauko

Old Post Feb 1st, 2004 06:24 PM
Mav is currently offline Click here to Send Mav a Private Message Find more posts by Mav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote