KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode IV, V & VI » OT/PT Music

OT/PT Music
Started by: Lyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i love other john williams pieces too! i was at the 20th ann. of the ET showing with johnny conducting a live orchestra, i have to admit, i got a little emotional embarrasment

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 02:31 AM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Duel of the fates.. Is that the one they play when Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are fighting Maul? Cuz that one kicks ass. So does the Imperial March.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, that's duel of the fates

Old Post Oct 29th, 2003 12:27 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i love how JOHNNY music kicks ass!!!

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 03:20 AM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

for me the music is the highlight of the movies. It's probably why i like the prequals better. Thought the acting may not be that great, williams has grown as a composer tremendously since the first 3. My fave theme is probably what I call the "Chant of the Sith" it's what plays for the emperor and I don't know the actual name. I've heard lucas say that he writes his movies to music and then tells williams what he wants to hear. so i'll make a prediction based on his use of Stravinsky's the Rite of Spring when writing episode 4. The Obi-wan/vader duel in ep 3 will have music reminiscent to the sacrificial dance in that ballet.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 05:40 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

er... that's either sidious theme (or so it's named on the disc I have) or also the imperial march

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 07:28 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

its sidous' theme then, I've just been calling it the theme or chant of the sith because it sounds very ancient

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

or perhaps the death star-theme messed

now I'm getting confused

Old Post Oct 30th, 2003 10:35 PM
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

it's called the Emperor's theme in the ROTJ SE soundtrack booklet.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 07:26 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

thumb up

Old Post Oct 31st, 2003 09:50 PM
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

I agree mindbugaling, his music does kick ass!!

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2003 02:26 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Oh damn I love the one they play in the background when you see Palpatine for the first time.

JOHNNY KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

ME TOO!!

I AGREE!!

I WAS SOOOO HOPING PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD FIND MY LITTLE THREAD!! Happy Dance

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2003 08:36 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

i think someone already mentioned this, but a duel of the fates played two octaves lower at durge pace would be nice for the ep 4 vader/kenobi duel. also, how about some nice duel of the fates chanting ala ep 1 for the scene in ROJ where vader finds out about leia.( Oshinanta...Koratama). oh and a louder choral crecendo when palpatine is vaporized

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 08:26 AM
mephistodesigns

no way, they shouldn't touch the OT music at all. If anything, add more of it to the PT soundtracks.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2003 08:02 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

they already are, sorry, john willaims said so in an interview

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 06:42 AM
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

well hes done it with the force theme, the emperors theme, darths theme, main title, and a little bit of yodas theme

Old Post Nov 15th, 2003 10:52 PM
Dirty Vader

The Battle of Endor themes are brilliant. Even though I didnt like the
ANH sountrack that much(compare to the others, its still great), the Battle of Yavin is a nice theme.

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking: "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya punk?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2003 02:35 AM
Click here to Send Dirty Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Dirty Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

yeah i used to think that to but, i think that the old recording from the 70's gives it a digusting sound, imagine if the entire ANH soundtrack was re-recorded.....

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 08:25 PM
mephistodesigns

they should re-record the entire OT soundtrack, ROJ is so muddy and filtered. BUT NO CHANGES! You hear me GL? Leave it alone, let it "escape" the way it is for once

Old Post Nov 17th, 2003 10:57 PM