KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Identity

Identity
Started by: LindsIsSexyK

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Okay, but they did a great job of using rain, you are right, it is done a lot in films, but they did it just right.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 12:15 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

seemed the same as all the other movies that use rain to me. I think it was used perfectly in se7en.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 12:17 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

For Identity, they invented new rain makers so there would be more dry spaces to work. There was a decent behind the scenes documentary about the process somewhere on the dvd. That's funny you mention Seven because that is the movie that first made me notice rain, because there is a scene where all these drops are hittng the car, but none on the street, so I can't agree Seven did it very well.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 01:05 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

the thing that made it work so well with se7en is that it already had a very haunting and forboding atmosphere, the rain was just used to push it a little further, not completely relying on the rain like most movies do.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 01:30 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

That's the way I see it for Identity as well. The rain played a character adding to the atmosphere. I liked Se7en a lot, but you knew what would be in the box at the end. Especially since Brad Pitt's wife had barely any screen time. I knew from the get go she was a kill tool. I found Identity to be less predictible.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 03:41 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

One more thing about Seven. I liked that it was a tragedy and not a happy ending film. Most horror movies don't usually have happy endings, but they usually are fun endings. Seven didn't even try to go there. It was on a level of it's own. I do like Seven, mind you.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 03:44 AM
slayer
Horror Fan

it's pretty good seeing gyneth paltrow lose her head lol!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2003 08:04 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote