KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Final Fantasy 7 : Advent Children (Movie)

Final Fantasy 7 : Advent Children (Movie)
Started by: SaTsuJiN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (163): « First ... « 161 162 [163]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
usagi_yojimbo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Final Fantasy 7 : Advent Children (Movie)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
The sequel to final fantasy 7 is to be a movie. Its taking place two years after the ending of FF7. Coming straight to dvd instead of hitting theatres. Just thought you guyz would like to know about it. Heres all the info : http://ps2.ign.com/articles/451/451541p1.html

and heres a pic from shonen jump I think (Japanese manga magazine)

I attempted to watch the first 15 minutes of Advent(rented it from Blockbuster - not bought it mind you) And pardon my *french* - I could not understand what the ****(Use your imagination here..He..he..he) was going on. I would describe it as dreadful at least - mediocre at best.

Perhaps this is because I stopped playing the series after FFVI(or FFIII in the US) The stories got much less enjoyable after FFIII - and much too complex.(The whole ???mother??? thing in Advent had me very confused)

This is not to say that the CGI was bad(In fact it was rather brilliant - best I've ever seen.. perhaps) But all in all - pretty pictures, do not a *good* movie make.

So what does thou think of those bananas?

Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom.

Last edited by usagi_yojimbo on Nov 9th, 2006 at 03:26 PM

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 03:21 PM
usagi_yojimbo is currently offline Click here to Send usagi_yojimbo a Private Message Find more posts by usagi_yojimbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

you probably would've enjoyed it more if you played FF7 and understood what was going on. the whole "mother" thing was because Yazoo, Kadaj, and Loz (the three silver-haired remnants) carry the genetic data of that thing they were trying to capture the whole movie, "Jenova". the reason they're called Remnants is due to the fact that they're literally 'remnants' of the person whom they were spawned from, Sephiroth. Kadaj is the remnant of Sephiroth's sword skill and defiance, Loz is Sephiroth's strength and sensitivity, and Yazoo is Sephiroth's magic skill and cunning. That's the conclusion i drew, anyway

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 08:37 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Originally posted by usagi_yojimbo
I attempted to watch the first 15 minutes of Advent(rented it from Blockbuster - not bought it mind you) And pardon my *french* - I could not understand what the ****(Use your imagination here..He..he..he) was going on. I would describe it as dreadful at least - mediocre at best.

Perhaps this is because I stopped playing the series after FFVI(or FFIII in the US) The stories got much less enjoyable after FFIII - and much too complex.(The whole ???mother??? thing in Advent had me very confused)

This is not to say that the CGI was bad(In fact it was rather brilliant - best I've ever seen.. perhaps) But all in all - pretty pictures, do not a *good* movie make.

So what does thou think of those bananas?

Originally posted by Kayne Archeron
you probably would've enjoyed it more if you played FF7 and understood what was going on.

*agrees with Kayne*
cause it's a direct sequel to the game, much of it would not be understood unless you play the game. FFVII had a sequel made into a movie due to it's overwhelming popularity. Advent Children was pretty much was to be response to this popularity. Pretty much a tribute to the fans. I don't know if i can say the same about the rest of the compilations.

I find simple storylines a tad boring. but at the same time i dont like a storyline that goes of into too many directions and have pointless values to the main plot or stories where it seems even the writer does not know where he is headed. Stories that intertwine are best in my opinion

Old Post Nov 10th, 2006 12:13 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayakat
Queen of sarcasm

OK so i saw a trailer of FF7 advent children and i just had to see it. so i bought the movie... and i loved it, it was cool the animation was awesome, i can just say wow... i think i saw it 10 times already and I'm still not tired of it. stick out tongue eek!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 09:53 AM
Kayakat is currently offline Click here to Send Kayakat a Private Message Find more posts by Kayakat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

i bought the movie just last week for a bargain of £9 woohoo bragain!!

laughing

advent children is very confusing yes

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 10:17 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord. Kadaj
Shinigami

I have seen practically everything to do with FF7, Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children are wicked. I havent played Crisis Core though, i wonder if its good.

Here’s to my love! O true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick. Thus with a kiss I die.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 12:27 PM
Lord. Kadaj is currently offline Click here to Send Lord. Kadaj a Private Message Find more posts by Lord. Kadaj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

big grin

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Sep 27th, 2007 11:14 AM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonrays
Flying Moon

its been months that i haven't send message to this forum... hmmm still my favorite movie ^_^

Old Post Mar 29th, 2008 12:52 AM
moonrays is currently offline Click here to Send moonrays a Private Message Find more posts by moonrays Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Originally posted by cruel jedi
i bought the movie just last week for a bargain of £9 woohoo bragain!!

laughing

advent children is very confusing yes

For someone who isn't familiar to the plot of Final Fantasy VII, yeah.

My favourite scenes were the Bahamut, the Chase of Highway, and the end battle vs Sephiroth.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 07:44 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by Lord. Kadaj
I have seen practically everything to do with FF7, Dirge of Cerberus and Advent Children are wicked. I havent played Crisis Core though, i wonder if its good.
Crisis Core is amazing, lightyears ahead of Dirge.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2008 12:47 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

This movie is easily one of my favorites. The revamped version of the Sephiroth theme pwns.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 02:53 PM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

I just realised there's a big mistake in this movie!!!
Yuffie was okay when she was on the aircraft!!!
if you played the game, you'd know what i was referring to.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2008 10:51 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
En Sabah Nur X

Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
This movie is easily one of my favorites. The revamped version of the Sephiroth theme pwns.

I agree, all we need now is the ps3 ffvii remake!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2008 09:54 AM
En Sabah Nur X is currently offline Click here to Send En Sabah Nur X a Private Message Find more posts by En Sabah Nur X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-LnxPL3t1U

Extended clip from Advent Children Complete. Will be released on Blu-Ray on Thursday in Japan.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 04:32 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
captzero05

I saw that some week ago. Why wouldn't they released the complete version in the first time the movie was released? So that people or fans need to spend again to buy the complete version?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 06:37 AM
captzero05 is currently offline Click here to Send captzero05 a Private Message Find more posts by captzero05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Im watching this version right now and I must say that it looks absolutely beautiful.

I am enjoying the new scenes detailing missing plot elements and the extra fights are a nobrainer.

captzero05 did you forget AC was originally designed to be a short film meant to please fans? It looks to me they just wanted to make it deeper and better than the previous release.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 19th, 2009 11:43 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Finished watching this I am glad they completed it.

Old Post May 20th, 2009 03:00 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRawEngine
Video Game Engine of War

Never saw AC Complete, but I did just watch the new version of the Omnislash V5 Cloud uses on Seph. While it kinda proves my point that JRPG's/related media rely far too heavily on ethereal eye-candy (then again, what part of the movie didn't?), it certainly reminded me that the original one was comparatively anti-climactic.

Old Post May 20th, 2009 03:41 AM
BloodRawEngine is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRawEngine a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRawEngine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I liked the fact Sephiroth actually defends himself. He manages to block/counter Cloud's attempts to Omnislash him twice. Also the scene when Sephiroth brutally stabs Cloud over a dozen times with the masamune while he is flying witht he wing is just...I dunno epic.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 04:49 PM