KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Reviews » MOVIE REVIEW- Memento

MOVIE REVIEW- Memento
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Odd. I thought it was very good.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 06:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

i really hate that the girl from matrix was such a two faced ***** that whole part of story was unnessecary . on another note i really liked it when she spit into the cup i found that very exciting and arousing

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 09:24 PM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you watch it again, you can be a lot more sympathetic towards Natalie. In reverse, she looks a lot nastier than she actually is.

Remember, Leonard is wearing her boyfriend's clothes. For a long time she assumed that Leonard has killed him. Only when she sees his tatoos does she start to think different, which is why they are genuine freinds at that point. After she sleeps with him she is sure that Leonard will remember her- but he doesn;t. Hence, the last time she sees him, at the cafe (the first time we see her), she is unhappy because he has forgotten her.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 18th, 2001 10:49 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

I saw this film a few months ago and forgot all about it. That's the effect it had on me and that's not a reference to the films plot. I just don't remember anything good about it.

It's a nice idea but I thought it was really dull.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2001 03:40 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

Of course she was a two face *****..that was what made her character so effective...you're not supposed to like her... There are plenty of people like that in the world...why not in movies too?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 03:57 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I didn't think she was a two face *****.
I mean her boyfriend was killed by that guy, and she has to watch him dress in his clothes and drive around in his jag. She was nice if you ask me! And a total hottie!!!!!!! smokin'

Old Post Jan 1st, 2002 05:53 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

At least in this she actually looked like a woman rather than a man like she did in the Matrix.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 05:49 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Don't even get me started about "The Matrix". mad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 4th, 2002 04:51 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Why?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2002 03:09 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

quote:
Originally posted by ToMacco
Don't even get me started about "The Matrix". mad

I dislike that movie as well.

Anyways, this Memento movie sound interesting but I can't find it at any of the film stores here can someone suggest a website?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 09:21 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I couldn't tell you about a website or anything.

I think everyone should see Memento, because a lot of people are going to like it. For me, I just found it terribly acted, and confusing at many points. You shouldn't HAVE to watch a movie twice to understand it. This is one of the reasons The Phantom Menace wasn't great. You had to see it a few times before you really knew what was happening.

As far as The Matrix; Special effects don't make a movie. The Matrix was the worst acted movie I've EVER seen. Keanu Reeves is the worst actor in Hollywood. Lawrence Fishburn is awful in the picture. And that one main bad-guy with his dry diaolog was boring.

To me, The Matrix seemed like a movie designed for stoners with low IQ's. "Wow, man. . .that was awesome!"

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 09:33 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

Tomacco I couldn't agree with you more, about the Matrix.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 02:51 PM
Dim
Creativity

So does this mean we're not going to go see the next two?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 08:54 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Seem to be straying here... do people want to open up a new Matrix thread?

BtVS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2002 11:20 PM
KJ
Sausages

I won't be going to see the next two.

Back to Momento - I think it's the type of film you're either going to love or hate. I don't think it's the easiest film to watch.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2002 03:18 PM
Dim
Creativity

This is true..nor is it a film that I could watch serveral times...it's just too trying.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 03:55 PM
KJ
Sausages

I'm the opposite. I had to watch it a couple of times to figure it out. And at the end I wish I hadn't bothered. sad

Old Post Jan 12th, 2002 04:57 PM
amidala985

Question

Excellent movie. Goes backwards then forwards then back again. Nothing is ever what it seems. Should have won best screenplay, best film editing...Those assholes over at the Motion Pictures Arts and Science don't know a truly good movie when it kicks them in the head.

Anyway, see this movie. It's the best movie I've seen in a long time. Hey, did everybody catch the part where [SPOILER - highlight to read]: they show "Sammy" sitting in the chair in the mental hospital and when Lenny's talking about how Sammy "faked recognition", for a split second, it flashes and it's Lenny instead of Sammy? Major giveaway for the outcome of the plot if you catch it.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2002 06:27 PM
amidala985 is currently offline Click here to Send amidala985 a Private Message Find more posts by amidala985 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Angel Heart 75

Memento is a masterpiece of a movie, a true classic for years to come .
It's innovative, intelligent, deep and fascinating and can be watched (and think about) on different levels .

The first is a story about vengeance and finding the murderer of his wife while fighting his own mental disorder
The second is a beautiful and interesting reflexion about the importance of memories in our lives and what we would be without memory at all...

Christopher Nolan is a brillant filmaker and he has done something really unique and unforgiveable (lol until you re like Leonard stick out tongue)

Old Post Jul 25th, 2004 04:06 PM
Angel Heart 75 is currently offline Click here to Send Angel Heart 75 a Private Message Find more posts by Angel Heart 75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Though this movie was executed very well, i failed to see the point in it being made

Old Post Jul 28th, 2004 10:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote