KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Let's talk about Conspiracy Theories!!

Let's talk about Conspiracy Theories!!
Started by: Omegaman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

who cares.. they say they landed on the moon.. they landed on the moon..

let's talk about Rabbits... are they really conspiring against us, with their killer deathrays?

ohohoh.. and the radioactive sausages from pluto..
they're so cool..

yea..

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:23 AM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

i say we talk about peoples names

Peoples Names

Have people become stupid over the years? We used to use such brilliant names as Aristotle, Sophicles, Socrates, and Plato. If you named yourself one of these you’d be laughed at most likely (with the exception of Aristotle I think some use that). Anyway. My point is now we have names like John and Jack. You know what? Not even we are becoming stupider we have names like Jon and Jak. Jason is becoming Jay. What we need to do is force people to have one name again. Followed by there job. Ie Jabus The Philosopher. Of course I’m not a philosopher. Or Solarjim the Carpenter. Or Astronicaljoe the sanitary technician. This world would be so much smarter if people would have to start life learning how to spell complex names.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:27 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right, that first claim falls apart because a. light reflects off other objects, b. the Earth sheds slight shadows on the moon as well and c. that is almost certainly simple confusion with non-parralel shadows again as I have already dealt with.

That second one I would need to see the pic but the idea that it proves a fake is silly- shadows very often point in different directions at different times of day. As for the 'taken far from but looks the same' thing, I assume you mean- as you cannot possibly prove elsewise that it was taken somewhere else- that you mean one shot with the lunar lander in view and one shot with it not. I know that pic- the claim is contemptible. The background is ten or twenty miles away- you could take a pic 100 metres in either direction from the Lander and the background would look the same.

Radiation would kill the astronauts? Nope- not according to all the best scientisits of the field- American, Russian, European. Check these links:

http://spider.ipac.caltech.edu/staff/waw/mad/mad19.html

http://lsda.jsc.nasa.gov/books/apollo/S2ch3.htm

To quote from the second one:

"Radiation was not an operational problem during the Apollo Program. Doses received by the crewmen of Apollo missions 7 through 17 were small because no major solar-particle events occurred during those missions. One small event was detected by a radiation sensor outside the Apollo 12 spacecraft, but no increase in radiation dose to the crewmen inside the spacecraft was detected. Solar-particle releases are random events, and it is possible that flares, with the accompanying energetic nuclear particles, might hinder future flights beyond the magnetosphere of the Earth.

Radiation protection for the Apollo Program was focused on both the peculiarities of the natural space radiation environment and the increased prevalence of manmade radiation sources on the ground and onboard the spacecraft. Radiation-exposure risks to crewmen were assessed and balanced against mission gain to determine mission constraints. Operational radiation evaluation required specially designed radiation-detection systems onboard the spacecraft in addition to the use of satellite data, solar observatory support, and other liaison. Control and management of radioactive sources and radiation-generating equipment was important in minimizing radiation exposure of ground-support personnel, researchers, and the Apollo flight and backup crewmen."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 11th, 2003 at 02:30 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:28 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

I think as Languages have changed, So has names...
bleh.. I dunno.. You're so confusing, Ush.. stick out tongue

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:30 AM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

well ill find some info about it and get back to you big grin
and i say i think its a hoax not that it definately is big grin
also there is a murder conspiracy going around about the astronauts that were origainally supposed to be on the first flight......
however they all disappeared and were replaced at the last moment erm

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:30 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's just the plot of Capricorn One!

You've been watching that rubbish Fox Special on the moon landings...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:32 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

yes i have yes
and i dont fully agree with it but it raises some interesting points smile

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:33 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

There is only one presented piece I have ever seen that cannot be answered and that is mis-continuity between the film of Buzz Aldrin climbing off the Lander and the photos of the same.

Anyway, Irene, read this:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/tv/foxapollo.html

Trashes that programme pretty damn good...

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Oct 11th, 2003 at 02:39 AM

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:35 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

That's what the damned suits are for, Silver...

And the moon rotates too, not just the Earth! It's spinning while orbiting the planet, which is spinning and orbiting the sun, which is spinning! Lots of spinning! Dizzy!

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:36 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

fine i will big grin

and heres another one.........
i think people are born evil evil face

If you stuck to kids into a room and gave only enough food to feed one for several years. One would beat the other one up. They would not share food. People learn to be good. Their parents tell them not to do this not to do that. That’s why we get less wars with each century. Not that that’s a good thing, but some stupid people shouldn’t really exist on this planet. Better to solve the problem by removing warning labels off products and letting the problem solve itself. Anyway if we didn’t learn to be good we would be completely evil.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:36 AM
silver_tears

it doesnt spin that fast stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:37 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Just corrected that link for you, Irene, so it brings you to the top of the page.

And if everyone is born evil- how did we learn to be good in the first place?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:40 AM
silver_tears

i dont know messed we evolved some what i guess

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:40 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ah So you don't HAVE to learn it from others- you can develop it yourself, you say?

In that case, don't you mean we are born ignorant, not evil?

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:43 AM
silver_tears

i say we are born evil but since children dont like talk and understand fully they lose these urges and such.........since they cant expand on them and such they forget them and the evil is lost from them.......somewhat
if children were born fully capable of thought and such then they would probably commit evil deeds as well......
baptism is said to be cleansing their souls and getting rid of the original sin........but what if there are more than one sin already messed

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:46 AM
silver_tears

how bout this one........did Mi6 kill princess diana
i have proof too yes

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:50 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

See, you say they are born evil but then say they just do not know., That I do not think is fair- evil should not be confused with ignorance.

After all, not everyone who is taught better ACTS better. Surely the ones who are told how to be good but are still evil- THEY are the ones born evil, yeah? Ones that do not know what good is- how can one judge one way or the other?

If you say people can develop good independantly of others- and you concede that is possible- it is therefore not possible to sustain your view that everyone is born evil- else we would NEVER have developed the concept of morals.

And I don't give a flying monkeys for baptism.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:52 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

You do NOT have proof MI6 killed Princess Diana. Incidentally, had they done so, no-one would have suspected it.

BtVS

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:53 AM
silver_tears

how do you know morals are the right thing to do.......
wat if we were meant to kill eachother to prevent over population and sumone was too lazy to do so so everyone stopped stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:54 AM
silver_tears

Old Post Oct 11th, 2003 02:54 AM