KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Tenacious D

Tenacious D
Started by: SlayerChick

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ax3l
Dream Finder

**** her Gently will always be a favorite of mine

One little spark...

Old Post Nov 13th, 2006 09:32 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~Flamboyant~
Out of my element

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ~Da Rev~
Me too.

I love you IceJaw for making me the sig!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 12:46 AM
~Flamboyant~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Flamboyant~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Flamboyant~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Here is a perk of working at a Music store.

In my hand, I hold the new Tenacious D CD that comes out tomorrow. PUMPAGE!!!!

Its an amazing fricking CD so far. Meatloaf is in it so far, I'm on the second song, now

One little spark...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2006 12:53 AM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

Just listened to the CD for the 20th time or so and I have my verdict of the CD.

8/10

1. Kickapoo : great start to the cd has a cool beat and hilarious lyrics, also meat loaf and a dio imposter sing in it.
2. Classico : Kyle Gas play classic guitar like a bad ass while JB lets you know he's the boss.
3. Baby : Kinda strange song sung from the perspective of his new baby I think.
4. Destiny : Skit
5. History : Has some good guitar in it but other than that its the worst song on the album.
6. Government Totally Sucks: So true and funny
7. Master Exploder : He does not need....a microphone
8. Divide : **** or destiny......****
9. Papagenu (He's My Sassafras) : funny but I usually skip it because it makes me feel like doing a gay dance while listening to it.
10. Dude (I Totally Miss You) : Song about missing a dude....alot
11. Break In City (Storm The Gate) : fast rock song that has some humor in it.
12. Car Chase City: really bad ass drum and guitar line makes you want to drive fast.
13. Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown) : This song is one of the greatest songs of all time. Tenacious D battles the devil (dave) in a rock off. It had great music and hilarious lyrics everything you came to expect from the D
14. POD : Song about the movie
15. Metal : metal guitar riff with jack black talking about how you can't distroy the metal.

Over all the CD is a good cd but it lacks compared to the first one because of the lack of songs. Beelzeboss is the best Tenacious D song but it still can't out due there first CD.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2006 09:30 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pandemoniac
Disco Infernal

Picked it up this morning, nice nice nice. It get's a little slow in the middle and is not as cool as the first album, but still very very nice!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 10:44 PM
Pandemoniac is currently offline Click here to Send Pandemoniac a Private Message Find more posts by Pandemoniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Originally posted by dirkdirden
Just listened to the CD for the 20th time or so and I have my verdict of the CD.

8/10

1. Kickapoo : great start to the cd has a cool beat and hilarious lyrics, also meat loaf and a dio imposter sing in it.
2. Classico : Kyle Gas play classic guitar like a bad ass while JB lets you know he's the boss.
3. Baby : Kinda strange song sung from the perspective of his new baby I think.
4. Destiny : Skit
5. History : Has some good guitar in it but other than that its the worst song on the album.
6. Government Totally Sucks: So true and funny
7. Master Exploder : He does not need....a microphone
8. Divide : **** or destiny......****
9. Papagenu (He's My Sassafras) : funny but I usually skip it because it makes me feel like doing a gay dance while listening to it.
10. Dude (I Totally Miss You) : Song about missing a dude....alot
11. Break In City (Storm The Gate) : fast rock song that has some humor in it.
12. Car Chase City: really bad ass drum and guitar line makes you want to drive fast.
13. Beelzeboss (The Final Showdown) : This song is one of the greatest songs of all time. Tenacious D battles the devil (dave) in a rock off. It had great music and hilarious lyrics everything you came to expect from the D
14. POD : Song about the movie
15. Metal : metal guitar riff with jack black talking about how you can't distroy the metal.

Over all the CD is a good cd but it lacks compared to the first one because of the lack of songs. Beelzeboss is the best Tenacious D song but it still can't out due there first CD.
For one thing, the whole CD is amazing. And as for History, i dont know if you've ever listened to the end of that song, but it ****ing rocks.

Also, i've seen the movie 5 times.

One little spark...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:02 PM
dirkdirden
Senor Membber

For one thing, the whole CD is amazing. And as for History, i dont know if you've ever listened to the end of that song, but it ****ing rocks.

Also, i've seen the movie 5 times.

Watching the movie this weekend. Yeah I have hurd the entire CD as least 20 times. History isn't as good as, Bellzaboss, metel, car chase city, dude, kickapoo, powerfull voice song, and song 11. So it's not that great, and most of it really acctually is bullshit that they have done in the past.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:13 PM
dirkdirden is currently offline Click here to Send dirkdirden a Private Message Find more posts by dirkdirden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

Watching the movie this weekend. Yeah I have hurd the entire CD as least 20 times. History isn't as good as, Bellzaboss, metel, car chase city, dude, kickapoo, powerfull voice song, and song 11. So it's not that great, and most of it really acctually is bullshit that they have done in the past.
well, technically that song was first on their original TV show on HBO.
J
This i didn't understand.

One little spark...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 12:02 AM
demongene

Inward singing is hilare! The D are great.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 12:23 PM
demongene is currently offline Click here to Send demongene a Private Message Find more posts by demongene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

They make very good and funny music. I like them a lot. The movie, though, sadly, was a kind of let down to me.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 01:19 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic
Crazy Forum Guy

I've only heard one of their songs it was "Tribute" on an Eddsworld episode lol.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 05:22 PM
Arctic is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Oh, sweet Jesus... another Tenacious D album with Dave Grohl behind the kit. Comes out May 15th.

Jack Black on Kurt Cobain

Old Post Mar 16th, 2012 10:31 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut94
You don't say?

Mhm.

I love Tenacious D. Seeing them live this year at Download Fest. smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2012 08:12 AM
juggernaut94 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut94 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I bought their 'Rize of the Fenix' album last week and really enjoyed it , it had some new sounds and styles but still has the energy of Tenacious D. I probably will have to listen to it again though because I was distracted at Roger Federer losing at the French Open again last week, but it helped ride the anger a bit so... all good really...

Favourites? Well:

1st Album - Wonderboy

2nd Album - Beelzeboss

I'll have another listen of ROTF soon and we'll see what becomes my fav of this one. The POD movie was awesome and totallly for the fans, saw it at the cinema at the time and I really hope another is in the works.

rock

Old Post Jun 13th, 2012 07:51 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Re: Tenacious D

Originally posted by SlayerChick
Jack Black has a disturbingly AMAZING voice!

any Tenacious fans out there? big grin

Honestly, I think JB could really be a sensation if he sang serious music. He has a terrific voice. He even sounded good from what I can tell from the Masterworks DVD where they did a concert in England. Of course I love the HBO specials they did as well. lol

My Favorite songs are Tribute and F*** Her Gently

Old Post Jun 16th, 2012 04:39 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Re: Re: Tenacious D

Originally posted by socool8520
Honestly, I think JB could really be a sensation if he sang serious music. He has a terrific voice. He even sounded good from what I can tell from the Masterworks DVD where they did a concert in England. Of course I love the HBO specials they did as well. lol

My Favorite songs are Tribute and F*** Her Gently

I think his style fits comedy though, I'm not sure many would follow it after hearing the D. It's like watching Jim Carrey doing a serious movie, you still expect him to do funny/wacky things.

I've got the Masterworks DVD as well and it's great fun but his attempt at the English accent sounds suspiciously Australian.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2012 10:21 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote