KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Which is the best Star Wars book ?

Which is the best Star Wars book ?
Started by: Pablo G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

I only read I Jedi once...but I do remember liking it

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2003 09:23 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallen

Both of the Thrawn series hands down. Timothy Zhan is brilliant!!! big grin

Side note: I hated Callista. mad

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 05:53 AM
Click here to Send Fallen a Private Message Find more posts by Fallen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mim cloudwater

i hope everyone agres with me that crystal star portrayed luke as a weak pitiful human when without the force. and that crystal of the minds eye is what a child would come up with, i mean luke defeating vader, before he even met yoda and was trained. and the "force magnifying cyrstal" how absurd is that

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 05:57 PM
Click here to Send mim cloudwater a Private Message Find more posts by mim cloudwater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

Vision of the Future
Spectre of the Past
Last Command
Starfighers of Adumar
Han Solo Adventures (Trilogy)
I, Jedi

-edit- The Crystal Star was an awesome book. The only reason Luke was weak was because of a star on the verge of going Super Nova, and it affected the connection between Luke's Midichlorians and The Force. And, for without the Force, he would have been much better off than others.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 01:11 AM
Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

sorry... can you repeat that again? the crystal star was...awesome????

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 10:00 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gotwa
Ring Master

The plot itself sucked, but it was wonderfully written.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 09:14 PM
Click here to Send Gotwa a Private Message Find more posts by Gotwa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VengeanceGOD

quote:
Originally posted by Fallen Jedi
Side note: I hated Callista. mad

Everyone hated Callista. They did finally kill her off, right? There's no chance that if I ever become an EU writer I'll get to kill her?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2003 07:00 AM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I don';t know what happened to her....quite frankly she was so boring...I lost interest and didn't worry about whether she'd been killed or not

Old Post Dec 21st, 2003 12:49 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mim cloudwater

quote:
Originally posted by Gotwa

-edit- The Crystal Star was an awesome book. The only reason Luke was weak was because of a star on the verge of going Super Nova, and it affected the connection between Luke's Midichlorians and The Force. And, for without the Force, he would have been much better off than others.

If Luke was as much normal as everyone he wouldnt be going, "arghhh the force is gone, somone help me up i cant stand, shoot i just peed in my pants, i cant control my own bodily functions" that is why i dont like it. its a terrible reprentation of the force.

you guys talking about callista sparked a memory, in that dualogy i beleive, the yaslarmi dont create a solid buble that stops the force but is concentrated in the center and fades out slowly to a lower and lower amount. this is a strong conflict between Zahns origanal description of the yaslarmi. in the book mara went pale when near the yasalrmi, because the force wasnt with here, that is wrong wrong wrong, she was trained by the emperorer to know the conditions of things without the force and trined herself to never depend on the force, unless of course needed(told from the NJO)

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 01:13 AM
Click here to Send mim cloudwater a Private Message Find more posts by mim cloudwater Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yeah, normally the force is everywhere and such,
and suddenly it's "oh, sorry, can't use the force, otherwise the book would be finished within three pages" roll eyes (sarcastic)
that's why I don't really like those ysalarmi creatures either, but at least THAT I can understand

Old Post Dec 24th, 2003 11:34 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mim cloudwater

thats not the point im getting at, i like zahns version and not Rusch's version of them, Rusch also portrayed mara as to what ive already siad above

Old Post Dec 26th, 2003 03:03 AM
RobBo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am afraid that I must show my age here, for surely the Greatest book of them all is; Splinter In The Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster............possibly the greatest ever title too!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 02:46 AM
Click here to Send RobBo a Private Message Find more posts by RobBo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, the book is taken off the timeline, so technically it doesn't exist anymore wink

Old Post Jan 11th, 2004 04:31 PM
X-Menfan2003
The Puss In Boots

Shadows Of The Empire

Attachment: imperiex.jpg
This has been downloaded 38 time(s).

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 07:43 PM
Click here to Send X-Menfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by X-Menfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

I'm with Yerss, probably the Thrawn trilogy, Thrawn is a great character.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:26 AM
Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

"I'm with you" -Avril Lavigne

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 02:00 PM
Julie
The Student

From the cover of Survivor's Quest it looks like Thrawn may be back:-)

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:06 PM
VengeanceGOD

Nah, just his legacy. Thrawn's not coming back.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 11:37 PM
Click here to Send VengeanceGOD a Private Message Find more posts by VengeanceGOD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
godfather
Godfather

Shadows Of The Empire - Oh my god the best star wars book by miles, The bit with luke become a jedi and realising it for the first time, the bit with him on the tight rope feeling the dark side creeping up in him, and Vader v Prince Xizor(how good is the character) what else do you need!!!!

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 12:03 AM
Click here to Send godfather a Private Message Find more posts by godfather Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
angiethedragon

ANY THING WITH EITHER GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN OR DASH RENDAR IM IN LOVE WITH BOTH OF THESE CHARACTERS

It was so artistically done

Old Post Feb 18th, 2004 04:10 PM
Click here to Send angiethedragon a Private Message Find more posts by angiethedragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote